ADVERTISEMENT

FSU gets the shaft

Alabama. I remember the Iron Bowl. It literally happened a week ago. Bama looked like a poverty program. They struggled all year to put teams away and then they needed a miracle to beat a shitty Auburn team.

The right answer to this is nobody knows who the best 4 teams are. But you don't deny an undefeated p5 conference champ an opportunity when they took care of ****ing business because of an injury because you're worried about a supposed match-up or being worried about ratings. You are not a man, just like Herbstreit and Rece aren't men. You ruin the fabric of civilization by killing the integrity in competitive sport with bullshit like this.
Completely agree! I’d also add that in this world there is right and wrong. The difference is usually apparent. When you’re right, you don’t need to explain yourself or make up an excuse.

The plainly obvious right call would have been to place FSU in the top 3. The fact that the incompetent (or corrupt) committee had to make up a flimsy excuse to “justify” their shafting of FSU is a clear indication that they didn’t do the obviously right thing.

4 is actually the perfect number (if we had an unbiased, competent method of determining the top 4). I don’t relish the fact that we’ll one day see a 2-loss team crowned national champion. A 3-loss team isn’t out of the question either.
I think lsu won it one year with 2 loses, but I could be mistaken

Alabama. I remember the Iron Bowl. It literally happened a week ago. Bama looked like a poverty program. They struggled all year to put teams away and then they needed a miracle to beat a shitty Auburn team.

The right answer to this is nobody knows who the best 4 teams are. But you don't deny an undefeated p5 conference champ an opportunity when they took care of ****ing business because of an injury because you're worried about a supposed match-up or being worried about ratings. You are not a man, just like Herbstreit and Rece aren't men. You ruin the fabric of civilization by killing the integrity in competitive sport with bullshit like this.
Alabama a poverty program? Did you actually watch the FSU game this weekend? It reminded me of the Husker/Iowa game in terms of offensive ineptness.

Regarding the rest of your rant...you got problems, dude.

Reactions: thall__
I think lsu won it one year with 2 loses, but I could be mistaken
That was in 2007. It was an odd year in which only one P5 team finished the regular season with one loss (Kansas). All the others had 2 or more. That’s far from the norm. Most years we have some undefeated and/or plenty of 1-loss teams vying for the top spot. I don’t like the idea of 2-loss teams every year having a shot at the title.

So best 4, based on matchups per Vegas? I'm actually kinda serious...
The criteria for selecting the best 4 is already out there and was used to come to the conclusion they did. University Presidents and ADs could have forced a rewrite of the criteria at any time over the years, and nobody, including FSU, demanded it.

The criteria for selecting the best 4 is already out there and was used to come to the conclusion they did. University Presidents and ADs could have forced a rewrite of the criteria at any time over the years, and nobody, including FSU, demanded it.
For sure. But wouldn't a Vegas-based selection process remove whatever subjectivity might be baked into it?

so dramatic.

FSU is a good team, but they're not on the level of the top 4.

in fact, they're a lot like Iowa. Yes, Iowa "deserved" to be in the B1G championship game because they won the games to get there, but everyone with a brain knew that Ohio State/Michigan was the real B1G Championship.

ACC is a lesser conference than the SEC/B1G by quite a lot. yes, you can moan about Alabama-Auburn being a close game, but its been a 1 score game 3 of the last 6 times they played. do you know how many times Saban has won the National Championship with a 1 loss team? 4 times.

In the ACC Championship game, you had teams that squeaked by Boston College (6-6), Indiana (3-9, fired their coach), Virigina (3-9), and lost to Kentucky (7th or 8th best team in the SEC). that's G5-tier football.

How many times has Saban won an MNC with a one loss team when there was an undefeated team? Let me answer that for you!! ZERO

Last edited:
so dramatic.

in fact, they're a lot like Iowa. Yes, Iowa "deserved" to be in the B1G championship game because they won the games to get there, but everyone with a brain knew that Ohio State/Michigan was the real B1G Championship.

ACC is a lesser conference than the SEC/B1G by quite a lot. yes, you can moan about Alabama-Auburn being a close game, but its been a 1 score game 3 of the last 6 times they played. do you know how many times Saban has won the National Championship with a 1 loss team? 4 times.

In the ACC Championship game, you had teams that squeaked by Boston College (6-6), Indiana (3-9, fired their coach), Virigina (3-9), and lost to Kentucky (7th or 8th best team in the SEC). that's G5-tier football.
The ACC went 6-4 against the mighty SEC this year.

FSU beat 2 SEC teams this year (LSU and Florida). They even managed to beat LSU by a wider margin than what Alabama did.

In the SEC championship you had a team that squeaked by Arkansas (4-8), Auburn (6-6) and A&M (7-5) -- All games Alabama won by less than 1 score.

All of your "points" are invalid.

Bottom line is that FSU deserved to be in the top 4 more than Alabama or Texas. The results on the field should be paramount. If not, then why in the hell do they even bother playing the stupid games!?!

The ACC went 6-4 against the mighty SEC this year.
you're right, the Vanderbilt/Wake Forest game was a riveting match rife with playoff implications. was a shock to the college football world when 5-7 South Carolina didn't run the table this year! almost as shocking as when the 7th best SEC team beat one of the ACC's Championship contenders by nearly the same margin as Florida State (that was 2 days ago, fyi)
All of your "points" are invalid.

Bottom line is that FSU deserved to be in the top 4 more than Alabama or Texas. The results on the field should be paramount. If not, then why in the hell do they even bother playing the stupid games!?!
wrong + you don't know what valid means considering I have been validated by the committee

i'm sorry that watching so much B1G West football has convinced you that FSU's 219 yard, 16 point performance was Championship level football. happy that you get to watch Iowa play one more game though

Then why was fsu ranked 4th prior to their last game? Travis was hurt two weeks prior to that game being played.

so dramatic.

FSU had 2 non con games against the SEC and beat them both. They beat LSU by an extra touchdown than Bama did and Daniels played the entire game. The ACC actually had a winning record against the SEC in 10 games this season. Miami pounded the Aggies who took their game with Bama down to the wire. Georgia beat a 6 win GT by one possession the same week Bama needed a miracle to beat a shitty Auburn team that lost to NEW MEXICO ST 31-10 the week prior. Georgia being ranked 1 all season was sus and them losing to Bama confirmed it. Bama played like a poverty program this season. They beat Arkansas by 3 points lol. Nobody is scared of them anymore if they were ever in the first place since they usually have a loss when they get a mulligan. They in no way should have been given an opportunity for a national title this season. The fact that the committee and Mickey Mouse ****ed an undefeated P5 conference champion to give them that do over is the biggest crime in the history of college football.

I'm gonna spell this out for you. BYU has a national title in football because programs didn't take care of business.

you're right, the Vanderbilt/Wake Forest game was a riveting match rife with playoff implications. was a shock to the college football world when 5-7 South Carolina didn't run the table this year! almost as shocking as when the 7th best SEC team beat one of the ACC's Championship contenders by nearly the same margin as Florida State (that was 2 days ago, fyi)

wrong + you don't know what valid means considering I have been validated by the committee

i'm sorry that watching so much B1G West football has convinced you that FSU's 219 yard, 16 point performance was Championship level football. happy that you get to watch Iowa play one more game though
Your dumbass realizes FSU has a better SRS than Bama, right?

so dramatic.

Lol @ comparing fsu to iowa. You’re beyond clueless

one loss saban teams seem to always find their way into the playoff even though there are several other one loss teams. When you constantly get in a four team playoff.. then of course you’ll win more. Self-fulfilling prophecy.

@thall__ @ other dorky posters that love “expert” list probably think US has worst healthcare than Cuba 🤣🤣

they can beat # 16 by two scores? So beating UR FL by 9 keeps them at #4, but beating #16 by more bumps them down?

Sure.. super logical
With the system like it is, right or wrong, you have to actually watch the games, not just the outcomes. Nothing about FSU's last games told me they are a top 4 team. The offense for #16 looked even worse than FSU's, if that's even possible. And it wasn't because of stellar defense...Louisville's QB was horrible and cost them the game.

Would I be pissed if I was an FSU fan? Absolutely. However, subjectively watching the games, like we have to do under the current system, I agree with the decision that FSU is not a top 4 team.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
With the system like it is, right or wrong, you have to actually watch the games, not just the outcomes. Nothing about FSU's last games told me they are a top 4 team. The offense for #16 looked even worse than FSU's, if that's even possible. And it wasn't because of stellar defense...Louisville's QB was horrible and cost them the game.

Would I be pissed if I was an FSU fan? Absolutely. However, subjectively watching the games, like we have to do under the current system, I agree with the decision that FSU is not a top 4 team.
Did you stretch before all these mental gymnastics? Did you watch Auburn get destroyed by New Mexico St then watch bama need some ref help and miracle to beat them?

Don’t claim eye test… but then fall victim to confirmation bias. Your argument is weak, and you should feel bad for even pushing it

You think that going with the committee validates your opinion = 🐑 like thinking.

It’s a good thing you had no say in Nebraska’s ‘94 championship run. Look at their games vs KSU and Oklahoma that year. The offense didn’t exactly light up the scoreboard.

You should just quit now before you embarrass yourself even more.

FSU had 2 non con games against the SEC and beat them both. They beat LSU by an extra touchdown than Bama did and Daniels played the entire game. The ACC actually had a winning record against the SEC in 10 games this season. Miami pounded the Aggies who took their game with Bama down to the wire. Georgia beat a 6 win GT by one possession the same week Bama needed a miracle to beat a shitty Auburn team that lost to NEW MEXICO ST 31-10 the week prior. Georgia being ranked 1 all season was sus and them losing to Bama confirmed it. Bama played like a poverty program this season. They beat Arkansas by 3 points lol. Nobody is scared of them anymore if they were ever in the first place since they usually have a loss when they get a mulligan. They in no way should have been given an opportunity for a national title this season. The fact that the committee and Mickey Mouse ****ed an undefeated P5 conference champion to give them that do over is the biggest crime in the history of college football.

I'm gonna spell this out for you. BYU has a national title in football because programs didn't take care of business.
control your emotions, cumrag
Your dumbass realizes FSU has a better SRS than Bama, right?
don't care, they beat the #1 ranked team and back-to-back National Championship.
Lol @ comparing fsu to iowa. You’re beyond clueless
you're right, Iowa actually played a team that could sniff the playoff.
one loss saban teams seem to always find their way into the playoff even though there are several other one loss teams. When you constantly get in a four team playoff.. then of course you’ll win more. Self-fulfilling prophecy.
i'm gonna respect you by pretending you're not dumb enough to believe this.
@thall__ @ other dorky posters that love “expert” list probably think US has worst healthcare than Cuba 🤣🤣

weird tangent, usually a sign you know you're wrong. i'm happy to correlate this for you.

quality healthcare > quantity of shit healthcare provided for in a shit country
quality wins > quantity of wins over shit teams in a shit conference

control your emotions, cumrag

don't care, they beat the #1 ranked team and back-to-back National Championship.

you're right, Iowa actually played a team that could sniff the playoff.

i'm gonna respect you by pretending you're not dumb enough to believe this.

weird tangent, usually a sign you know you're wrong. i'm happy to correlate this for you.

quality healthcare > quantity of shit healthcare provided for in a shit country
quality wins > quantity of wins over shit teams in a shit conference
You're gonna pretend that this was the same Georgia team as the last 2 seasons? Okay cumrag

GT put up more of a fight than their overrated SEC opponents did in November.
Mizzou 30-21
Ole Miss 52-17
Tennessee 38-10
6-6 GT 31-23

I keep hearing eye test and the narrative you guys spew shows you're blind, cumrag.

My eye test implies New Mexico St should be in the playoff

OSU was a 4 seed with a 3rd string qb the year they won it. I seem to remember some controversy on whether they should have been in. I wonder how much Bama was favored by that year?
the controversy was that OSU got in over TCU.

Big 12 didn't have a CCG that year, meanwhile OSU and their 3rd string QB prison-raped Wisconsin 59-0.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT