ADVERTISEMENT

FSU gets the shaft

As you post mainstream articles for NYT & CNN that support your opinion. Oh scope.. you’ve gotten so lazy
those articles were screeching about FSU not being included exactly the way you are. you knew that, and are just doing your best to deflect

you keep ignoring my offer for a friendly bet. money tight at the moment?

those articles were screeching about FSU not being included exactly the way you are. you knew that, and are just doing your best to deflect

you keep ignoring my offer for a friendly bet. money tight at the moment?
Yes, as long as we settle up in person. I really want to see if real life scope matches up with my mental image

Reactions: FissionReaction
It
said no such thing. my opinions are based on the results of teams playing in championship environments as seen this past weekend.

you're really emotionally attached to this Florida State thing, and it's clouding your judgment. had Alabama lost to Georgia on Saturday, FSU would absolutely be deserving to be in. had Florida State crushed the Purdue of the ACC, they'd have a better argument, but they played neck and neck with a team that would have no shot to play for a Conference Championship in any other conference.

$200 says Georgia beats Florida State in the Orange Bowl.
It's very simple logic. 1>0. Florida State has 0 losses. Alabama has 1 loss. Therefore, Florida State should be in the playoffs instead of Alabama.

love the stats, care to dive in or are you just a surface level guy?

regarding the 6 ACC wins:

those SEC teams had a combined record of 33-39, and the ACC teams had a combined record of 53-21.

that means the SEC opponents had an average record of 5-7, while the ACC opponents had an average record of 9-3.

regarding the 4 SEC wins:

those SEC teams had a combined record of 37-12, and the ACC teams had a combined record of 25-23.

that means the SEC opponents had an average record of 9-3, while the ACC opponent had an average record of 6-6.

SEC's average margin of victory was 19, while the ACC's margin of victory was 14.
So the winning teams had better overall records than the losing teams? Kind of like arguing how water is wet.

I live in Oklahoma City.

What's your address?
My condolences…

Glad your mom finally booted ya out.

I believe I have a trip in Dallas this spring. I could make the terrible drive up north and collect/pay… maybe stop at Nick’s for a burger

• Haha
Reactions: thall__
It turned out just the way I thought it would with Texas 3 and Bama 4. Hard to be sympathetic with Florida State the way they benefited from the terrible officiating in the 1993 national championship game against Nebraska. Bobby Bowden even said in a letter to Osborne you beat us every way except in the final score.
I don't think the committee did much pondering about that.

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
So the winning teams had better overall records than the losing teams? Kind of like arguing how water is wet.
which is why the "b-b-but 6-4" argument doesn't work.

The shitty teams in each conference lost to the good teams

Oh! Except for the 2nd best team in the ACC lost to the 7th or 8th best team in the SEC.

No one will care when deciding between 12 and 13. The media will have to hype it up for ratings for the selection show, but no one else will care, other than the social media crazies. I can't tell you who the 12th and 13th ranked teams are. Louisville is 14th and they would certainly have no reason to complain.
There will be other problems caused you arent thinking of.
In fact your post highlights one problem if you care to think about it.

Georgia favored by 13.5 over G5 FSU

Brainlets on suicide watch seeing their narrative laughed at by people with money

I don't care FSU was robbed. There is no way Vegas should be taken into account when determining the invitational. Georgia was favored by 5 over Bama and surely would be again in a rematch. Oregon was favored by 9.5. Your smooth brain take tells us we should take Bama and Washington out and put Oregon and Georgia in.

I don't care FSU was robbed. There is no way Vegas should be taken into account when determining the invitational. Georgia was favored by 5 over Bama and surely would be again in a rematch. Oregon was favored by 9.5. Your smooth brain take tells us we should take Bama and Washington out and put Oregon and Georgia in.
He lives in Oklahoma.. explains a lot 🤣

that's your dumb take, not mine. i saw Alabama/Georgia and Washington/Oregon (x2) and adjusted my opinion accordingly. will you do the same when Georgia prisonrapes Florida State?

i'll lower the bet to $100 if you're ready to stop being a pussy.

you're right.

you seem confident, care to bet $200 on Florida State winning? @TampaBaySkers is scared, but i have faith in you.

I can collect on venmo, cashapp, paypal, zelle, etc
Here’s the thing. Alabama may indeed be the better team. But then why play the games? It’s always been about record. But this year, the first year that the SEC was in jeopardy of not having a team in the playoff, now all of a sudden the narrative has changed. It’s not record, it’s who is the better team…

And many fans around all of college football have a problem with that. Not sure why this is hard to understand. Bama-Michigan may be the better matchup (can’t say for sure since FSU won’t have a chance in the playoff to show what they could do), but it was never about the better matchup in the past. It’s always been about the SEC. And that was apparent on Sunday.

I keep hearing about soft schedules. 5-7 years ago when schedules are made FSU's schedule would not have been considered soft. Alabama's would not have been considered top 10 or even close!

you're right.

you seem confident, care to bet $200 on Florida State winning? @TampaBaySkers is scared, but i have faith in you.

I can collect on venmo, cashapp, paypal, zelle, etc
Taking emotion out of the equation, I don’t have a problem with the best four teams playing. That’s how it should be. The problem I have is, it was never about the best 4 teams as long as the SEC was represented. Now, the first year that they wouldn’t be represented following the old system, it’s about the best 4 teams. It’s a double standard that Really kind of sucks.

Who believes Cincinnati was one of the 4 best teams a few years ago? But it don’t matter, because the SEC was already in.
Exactly. The SEC and the B1G were both represented. Notre Dame got left out due to Cincinnati going undefeated and beating Notre Dame in head to head competition.

Reactions: timnsun
I would like to know how much money did some of the committee members get under the table, the excuse that fsu quarterback was hurt was a piss poor made up excuse or more like let’s make up the rules as we move along. just wait till the sec team loses a top quarterback and they’ll get in the Committee will just make up another excuse of why they get in
They will claim the SEC strength of schedule outweighs the fact that the QB is injured. They move the goalposts to favor the SEC.

Here’s the thing. Alabama may indeed be the better team. But then why play the games? It’s always been about record. But this year, the first year that the SEC was in jeopardy of not having a team in the playoff, now all of a sudden the narrative has changed. It’s not record, it’s who is the better team…

And many fans around all of college football have a problem with that. Not sure why this is hard to understand. Bama-Michigan may be the better matchup (can’t say for sure since FSU won’t have a chance in the playoff to show what they could do), but it was never about the better matchup in the past. It’s always been about the SEC. And that was apparent on Sunday.
i appreciate the calm, rational response.

you play the games, then judge accordingly based on the team's performance. Florida State got off to a hot start this year, then their QB got hurt and it drastically affected the performance of the team. here's how they performed with Jordan Travis:

Total YPGPassing YPGRushing YPGAverage YPPPPG

here's how they look with Brock Glenn:

that puts them right between Minnesota and Nebraska for scoring offense, and worse than Iowa for total offense.

personally, i prefer to watch close, competitive games when it's not my team. i think most people would agree that a high stakes game going down to the wire is much more entertaining than one that is over by halftime. did you prefer watching the B1G Championship game or Michigan/Ohio State? I mean, Iowa won the necessary games in their division to be there, does that mean they were the 2nd best team in the B1G and most worthy opponent to Michigan? Of course not, everyone knows Michigan/OSU was the de facto B1G CCG.

What do you play the Championship for if not to find out who the best team is? As you contend, Alabama may indeed be better. its likely they're better than Michigan as well, and its great we get to find out that out and hopefully watch Michigan bet bounced back to reality.

i appreciate the calm, rational response.

you play the games, then judge accordingly based on the team's performance. Florida State got off to a hot start this year, then their QB got hurt and it drastically affected the performance of the team. here's how they performed with Jordan Travis:

here's how they look with Brock Glenn:

that puts them right between Minnesota and Nebraska for scoring offense, and worse than Iowa for total offense.

personally, i prefer to watch close, competitive games when it's not my team. i think most people would agree that a high stakes game going down to the wire is much more entertaining than one that is over by halftime. did you prefer watching the B1G Championship game or Michigan/Ohio State? I mean, Iowa won the necessary games in their division to be there, does that mean they were the 2nd best team in the B1G and most worthy opponent to Michigan? Of course not, everyone knows Michigan/OSU was the de facto B1G CCG.

What do you play the Championship for if not to find out who the best team is? As you contend, Alabama may indeed be better. its likely they're better than Michigan as well, and its great we get to find out that out and hopefully watch Michigan bet bounced back to reality.
If wins and losses are based solely on statistics, why even bother to play the game at all. Why not run an AI simulation to determine who the champion is?

Reactions: libbity bibbity
If wins and losses are based solely on statistics, why even bother to play the game at all. Why not run an AI simulation to determine who the champion is?
discounting the fact that wins are a statistic, the great thing is we get to watch Florida State play a game against the 2x defending national champion.

if they pound them into oblivion (or even win by a few scores), they'll get a claim to the title and i will 100% support that

discounting the fact that wins are a statistic, the great thing is we get to watch Florida State play a game against the 2x defending national champion.

if they pound them into oblivion (or even win by a few scores), they'll get a claim to the title and i will 100% support that
I agree. However FSU's championship will be overlooked by the media who will "slob the knob" of the playoff champion but will hardly make any reference to FSU if they beat Georgia.

Yes. However they were still in the tournament, it wasn't like they were completely left out.
Agree - but they got moved from being a number 1 seed which in BB means a top 4 team to a number 2 seed which means teams 5-8. Just like FSU.

Had this scenario played out next year FSU would have dropped out of the top 4 seeds just like this year but still been in the tourney

Agree - but they got moved from being a number 1 seed which in BB means a top 4 team to a number 2 seed which means teams 5-8. Just like FSU.

Had this scenario played out next year FSU would have dropped out of the top 4 seeds just like this year but still been in the tourney
However, they wouldn't get the 1st round bye like the top 4 seeds. Cincinnati still had to play the same number of games to win the NCAA tournament.

that's your dumb take, not mine. i saw Alabama/Georgia and Washington/Oregon (x2) and adjusted my opinion accordingly. will you do the same when Georgia prisonrapes Florida State?

i'll lower the bet to $100 if you're ready to stop being a pussy.
Listen bitch you are too smooth brained to talk to so this is the last time I respond to any of your "the spread" posts. You look at the spread, watch the mouse and parrot every dumbass propaganda narrative they spew and go and puke it all around you when it makes no sense. Every team minus Oregon had close games against teams they should have beaten. But they had those close games with the starting quarterback playing. Bama had Milroe against Auburn the entire game lol. Bama had Milroe against Arkansas and Aggie the entire game lol. To punish FSU on passing yards while not holding Michigan to that standard is asinine.

The Orange Bowl is meaningless now. The outcome of that game means nothing as to whether either of those teams are national title contenders. Georgia already proved they weren't in back to back weeks by losing after beating GT by 8. FSU has proven they are by winning. And yes, teams have won national titles on just defense.

And you're too dense to see it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT