ADVERTISEMENT

FSU gets the shaft

Listen bitch you are too smooth brained to talk to so this is the last time I respond to any of your "the spread" posts. You look at the spread, watch the mouse and parrot every dumbass propaganda narrative they spew and go and puke it all around you when it makes no sense. Every team minus Oregon had close games against teams they should have beaten. But they had those close games with the starting quarterback playing. Bama had Milroe against Auburn the entire game lol. Bama had Milroe against Arkansas and Aggie the entire game lol. To punish FSU on passing yards while not holding Michigan to that standard is asinine.

The Orange Bowl is meaningless now. The outcome of that game means nothing as to whether either of those teams are national title contenders. Georgia already proved they weren't in back to back weeks by losing after beating GT by 8. FSU has proven they are by winning. And yes, teams have won national titles on just defense.

And you're too dense to see it.
It’s just scope. He likes to argue 🤣. Just laugh at him and move on.

I agree. However FSU's championship will be overlooked by the media who will "slob the knob" of the playoff champion but will hardly make any reference to FSU if they beat Georgia.
hard to say, lets walk through those hypotheticals.

Michigan wins - narrative will be that they cheated, and very funnily, they'd have another asterisk natty just like 1997. Florida State would have a very popular claim.

Washington wins - team of destiny who beat Oregon twice, FSU probably would get overlooked.

Texas wins - they'll be heroes for beating cheating Michigan or Gods for beating Alabama twice in a span of months. if the games are close and FSU blows out Georgia, FSU still has a fair claim.

Alabama wins - it would all be judged on who had the greater margin of victory against Georgia. Given Alabama only won by a single score, it would be expected that an FSU win would match that. Florida State would be credited for overcoming the adversity of losing their starting QB and winning with an Iowa-tier offense.

Just for posterity's sake, lets walk through what happens when Georgia blows the doors off of FSU:

"they didn't want to be there"
"the spirit of the team was crushed"
"they would've won with Jordan Travis"

of course those would all be ridiculous since its a home game for Florida State.

Listen bitch you are too smooth brained to talk to so this is the last time I respond to any of your "the spread" posts. You look at the spread, watch the mouse and parrot every dumbass propaganda narrative they spew and go and puke it all around you when it makes no sense. Every team minus Oregon had close games against teams they should have beaten. But they had those close games with the starting quarterback playing. Bama had Milroe against Auburn the entire game lol. Bama had Milroe against Arkansas and Aggie the entire game lol. To punish FSU on passing yards while not holding Michigan to that standard is asinine.

The Orange Bowl is meaningless now. The outcome of that game means nothing as to whether either of those teams are national title contenders. Georgia already proved they weren't in back to back weeks by losing after beating GT by 8. FSU has proven they are by winning. And yes, teams have won national titles on just defense.

And you're too dense to see it.
"honey, i had to use curse words in my internet argument today"

imagine being this emotional for nearly 24 hours

Michigan wins - narrative will be that they cheated, and very funnily, they'd have another asterisk natty just like 1997. Florida State would have a very popular claim.

Washington wins - team of destiny who beat Oregon twice, FSU probably would get overlooked.

Texas wins - they'll be heroes for beating cheating Michigan or Gods for beating Alabama twice in a span of months. if the games are close and FSU blows out Georgia, FSU still has a fair claim.

Alabama wins - it would all be judged on who had the greater margin of victory against Georgia. Given Alabama only won by a single score, it would be expected that an FSU win would match that. Florida State would be credited for overcoming the adversity of losing their starting QB and winning with an Iowa-tier offense.

Just for posterity's sake, lets walk through what happens when Georgia blows the doors off of FSU:

of course those would all be ridiculous since its a home game for Florida State.
Wow what a rant. Why are you so worked up and emotional about posters that don’t agree with you? Did your father not hug you enough?

Reactions: Bruce1981
knew it was a matter of time before you started angrily googling my username 🤣 embarrassing for you

that looks like a smaller page for the music genre. if you comb through this one and look for oklahoma participants you might have chance at finding my identity that you so clearly crave

knew it was a matter of time before you started angrily googling my username 🤣 embarrassing for you

that looks like a smaller page for the music genre. if you comb through this one and look for oklahoma participants you might have chance at finding my identity that you so clearly crave

Very odd behavior. You ok?

Very odd behavior. You ok?
doing well, thanks for asking. oil production is booming at work, the lady and i are getting settled into our new place together, and my band just sent our new EP off to our producer in San Diego for final mix and master. fighting a shoulder injury at the gym, but that tends to happen when it cools down.

what about you?

And yes, teams have won national titles on just defense.
finally sifted through this mess of an essay. you watched a whole season of Nebraska football and still came up with this take?

i'd call you retarded, but that'd be insulting to retards. your poor husband/wife.

The SEC champ fits that crtieria.
I actually agree with this, to a point. Where I struggle is, why didn’t this happen to Cincinnati a few years ago?

Optics are bad on this. The full court press from SEC/ESPN doesn’t help matters either.

No question in my mind Alabama is worthy in terms of ability. But if this was a possibility, then the playoff committee could have saved themselves a few barbs by moving Bama over FSU last week. But they couldn’t due to Bama’s last second miracle against Auburn.

Bottom line, optics don’t look good…

Just a hypothetical question here, if Alabama beats Georgia with their backup quarterback in a close game, does Alabama still deserve to be in the playoff if Milroe is lost for the season?

Just a hypothetical question here, if Alabama beats Georgia with their backup quarterback in a close game, does Alabama still deserve to be in the playoff if Milroe is lost for the season?
if Georgia is undefeated, back to back national champion, ranked #1? obviously yes.

if Georgia is not top 10 and just coming off a loss to Kentucky, then absolutely not.

Well I thought it was a joke they got selected....did anyone realky think tbey were one of the best 4 teams? I didn't..
Exactly. It hasn’t been the 4 best in the past. That was a bone thrown to G5 teams. But the instant the SEC may not make it in, now all of a sudden the priorities shift.

That’s the problem I have with it all. Alabama is worthy. But they’ve moved the goalposts from past history.

finally sifted through this mess of an essay. you watched a whole season of Nebraska football and still came up with this take?

i'd call you retarded, but that'd be insulting to retards. your poor husband/wife.
I'll call you retarded for thinking Nebraska had a national title caliber defense.

you're right.

you seem confident, care to bet $200 on Florida State winning? @TampaBaySkers is scared, but i have faith in you.

I can collect on venmo, cashapp, paypal, zelle, etc
I'm not interested in betting anyone on FSU or any other team and I'm certainly not betting some random person on the internet.

You are deflecting from my point. Vegas shouldn't have any effect on decisions and using Vegas as a reason to put someone in is faulty. Wasn't Vegas wrong on the only 2 contested conference championship games?

I'm not interested in betting anyone on FSU or any other team and I'm certainly not betting some random person on the internet.

You are deflecting from my point. Vegas shouldn't have any effect on decisions and using Vegas as a reason to put someone in is faulty. Wasn't Vegas wrong on the only 2 contested conference championship games?
He acts like everyone from Georgia and FSU is going to play and thinks people refusing his bet is a gotcha.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
He acts like everyone from Georgia and FSU is going to play and thinks people refusing his bet is a gotcha.
My main question is what great wins did the SEC have this year OOC? Bama lost the only real OOC game that they played. Georgia played no one OOC. So if the SEC is great, well FSU played 1/4 of of an SEC schedule and went undefeated.

I also give FSU credit for scheduling 2 of the top 4 SEC powerhouses in 1 year and beating them both. They didn't hide. That should matter.

Man, you can always tell when its that time of the month around here. Sometimes it lasts a week, for some of you it lasts for months.

Mine is infinite, so don't get your panties in a wad.

My main question is what great wins did the SEC have this year OOC? Bama lost the only real OOC game that they played. Georgia played no one OOC. So if the SEC is great, well FSU played 1/4 of of an SEC schedule and went undefeated.
Ole miss over Tulane or Mizzou over Kansas St.

My thing is is Auburn competed with every team in the conference besides LSU and Aggie but got rocked by NM ST. NM ST beat their ass up front. Yet they went and controlled the LOS against Bama and ran for 250 on them. Auburn had 91 yards passing and it took a muffed punt and a miracle on 4th and 31 to beat them. All of their narratives absolutely fall a part.

FSU is probably a better match-up against Michigan than Bama is.

• Haha
Reactions: thall__
Man, you can always tell when its that time of the month around here. Sometimes it lasts a week, for some of you it lasts for months.

Mine is infinite, so don't get your panties in a wad.
the sandlot GIF

Ole miss over Tulane or Mizzou over Kansas St.

My thing is is Auburn competed with every team in the conference besides LSU and Aggie but got rocked by NM ST. NM ST beat their ass up front. Yet they went and controlled the LOS against Bama and ran for 250 on them. Auburn had 91 yards passing and it took a muffed punt and a miracle on 4th and 31 to beat them. All of their narratives absolutely fall a part.

FSU is probably a better match-up against Michigan than Bama is.
Exactly. My gawd. The SEC claims a win over Tulane as a premier win. Hilarious.

this is the last time I respond to any of your "the spread" posts.
didn't last long. i'm sure you hear that often, though.
I'll call you retarded for thinking Nebraska had a national title caliber defense.
88c6bj.jpg

it's almost poetic how embarrassing this is for you. source

i love how you're already starting the excuses on why FSU isn't going to win. shame you have so little confidence in your opinions.

there's zero deflection from me. i'm confident Georgia, who didn't deserve to be in the playoff, is a better team than Florida State and willing to lay money down on that. you can't say the same.

that's the problem, i don't think people like you and @Bruce1981 believe that Florida State is good enough to win the playoff, let alone one of the semifinal games (though I think a healthy FSU would give Texas/Washington a run for their money). you're mainly concerned with having the most virtuous opinion and jumping on the "SEC BAD" bandwagon. function of being too "nebraska nice" is that you live in denial of the landscape of college football and get pissy when mommy NCAA doesn't give everyone a turn to be champion.

didn't last long. i'm sure you hear that often, though.

88c6bj.jpg

it's almost poetic how embarrassing this is for you. source

i love how you're already starting the excuses on why FSU isn't going to win. shame you have so little confidence in your opinions.

there's zero deflection from me. i'm confident Georgia, who didn't deserve to be in the playoff, is a better team than Florida State and willing to lay money down on that. you can't say the same.

that's the problem, i don't think people like you and @Bruce1981 believe that Florida State is good enough to win the playoff, let alone one of the semifinal games (though I think a healthy FSU would give Texas/Washington a run for their money). you're mainly concerned with having the most virtuous opinion and jumping on the "SEC BAD" bandwagon. function of being too "nebraska nice" is that you live in denial of the landscape of college football and get pissy when mommy NCAA doesn't give everyone a turn to be champion.
Now do the offenses Nebraska played. I'm very happy with the turnaround on that side but there is a long way to go. Especially in passing defense where we sit at 42....In the big ten west....

We do not have the talent on defense that FSU has.

I should have asked though. Are you seriously suggesting that defensive sided strong teams never win a national title???

Now do the offenses Nebraska played. I'm very happy with the turnaround on that side but there is a long way to go. Especially in passing defense where we sit at 42....In the big ten west....

We do not have the talent on defense that FSU has.

I should have asked though. Are you seriously suggesting that defensive sided strong teams never win a national title???
looks like Nebraska's opponents had an average total offense ranking of 86, while Florida State is 78. I would venture to guess Florida State has more talent on defense, though Nebraska outrecruited Florida State in 2 of the last 4 cycles.

it would be so much easier to move on if you were just honest and said "wow, i didn't know that. that's liable to change my opinion and i'm excited to see how the games play out." there is no reason for you to be so married to this opinion of Florida State unless you have equity tied up in their performance.

let's cool it on the bickering, don't you enjoy watching fun, high level football? we've suffered through a whole season of B1GW football, it's time to watch good games. we are both consumers of the sport, we have lives outside of it, shouldn't we both want the time we dedicate towards it to be meaningful and not boring?

looks like Nebraska's opponents had an average total offense ranking of 86, while Florida State is 78. I would venture to guess Florida State has more talent on defense, though Nebraska outrecruited Florida State in 2 of the last 4 cycles.

it would be so much easier to move on if you were just honest and said "wow, i didn't know that. that's liable to change my opinion and i'm excited to see how the games play out." there is no reason for you to be so married to this opinion of Florida State unless you have equity tied up in their performance.

let's cool it on the bickering, don't you enjoy watching fun, high level football? we've suffered through a whole season of B1GW football, it's time to watch good games. we are both consumers of the sport, we have lives outside of it, shouldn't we both want the time we dedicate towards it to be meaningful and not boring?
What happened was a travesty and I won't be watching. I'm not into reality TV.

What FSU's defense did the other night was worthy of recognition. Clowns like you made it all about the QB when Bama doesn't have one.

There is plenty of evidence to now show that FSU does not have a viable option at backup QB to give them a chance to be competitive against an elite team. They were barely competitive against a below average SEC team and a slightly above average Louisville team.

On the other hand, Ohio State proved they could thrive with a 3rd string quarterback (Cardale Jones) before the playoffs began, because he excelled in their 59-0 dismantling of Wisconsin in the Big Ten championship game.

If FSU wants an example to drive the point home, last year they came from behind and narrowly beat an average Oklahoma team in a bowl game, with Dillon Gabriel quarterbacking Oklahoma. If you look at Oklahoma last year, they were competitive when Dillon Gabriel was healthy, and were not when he was injured (including a 49-0 blowout loss to Texas). Like FSU, they had no viable option at backup quarterback, and the same thing would happen to FSU right now if they had to play against Michigan or Alabama or Texas instead of the two teams they barely beat since Travis went out. They don't have a Jalen Hurts to come off the bench when Tua gets hurt, or a Kyler Murray to come off the bench when Baker Mayfield gets hurt.

There is plenty of evidence to now show that FSU does not have a viable option at backup QB to give them a chance to be competitive against an elite team. They were barely competitive against a below average SEC team and a slightly above average Louisville team.

On the other hand, Ohio State proved they could thrive with a 3rd string quarterback (Cardale Jones) before the playoffs began, because he excelled in their 59-0 dismantling of Wisconsin in the Big Ten championship game.

If FSU wants an example to drive the point home, last year they came from behind and narrowly beat an average Oklahoma team in a bowl game, with Dillon Gabriel quarterbacking Oklahoma. If you look at Oklahoma last year, they were competitive when Dillon Gabriel was healthy, and were not when he was injured (including a 49-0 blowout loss to Texas). Like FSU, they had no viable option at backup quarterback, and the same thing would happen to FSU right now if they had to play against Michigan or Alabama or Texas instead of the two teams they barely beat since Travis went out. They don't have a Jalen Hurts to come off the bench when Tua gets hurt, or a Kyler Murray to come off the bench when Baker Mayfield gets hurt.
So we have plenty of evidence Alabama starting qb and overall team sucks against USF, 4 win Arkansas, and a bad auburn team that got spanked by NMS.

Fsu backup and 3rd string only have one data point so not sure where this “plenty of evidence” comes from

Go hang out at scope’s glory hole and you two can have a good time fantasizing about saban

Did you watch that abomination of an ACC championship game? The mannequin that FSU had at quarterback was 8 for 21 for 55 yards, against Louisville. The game was 3-3 in the third quarter, like watching Iowa play Iowa. How in the hell do you think FSU would even score against an elite team like Michigan, Alabama or Texas with no quarterback?

Did you watch that abomination of an ACC championship game? The mannequin that FSU had at quarterback was 8 for 21 for 55 yards, against Louisville. The game was 3-3 in the third quarter, like watching Iowa play Iowa. How in the hell do you think FSU would even score against an elite team like Michigan, Alabama or Texas with no quarterback?
So sad.. scope had to create yet another account to agree with himself.

careful, you're talking to low-aiming Nebraska fans who would rather be Iowa than Alabama because the media told them the SEC is evil.

after losing so many games 13-10, half the members here blew their load watching a team win 16-6.

careful, you're talking to low-aiming Nebraska fans who would rather be Iowa than Alabama because the media told them the SEC is evil.

after losing so many games 13-10, half the members here blew their load watching a team win 16-6.
This iowa game vs south Florida was so exciting …

88cilb.jpg

I don’t have a problem with what you are saying, generally, but if that is part of the criteria NOW, when it wasn’t the criteria before, then make that known before the last game of the regular season. Cincinnati got in because they were one of the best 4 teams in the nation a few years ago? No way.

If you want to change the requirements, go ahead. But be transparent. The transparency started the day of the SEC championship game, maybe a day before.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT