ADVERTISEMENT

Frost "Pissed About Leak"....

DayByDay69

Nov 19, 2017
I keep seeing comments like these from some guys. Man, we all really need to get a grip. If the guy wants to come here, he will come here. Lars Anderson's report or "leak", regardless of its merit, isn't going to sway him one way or the other. Further, it's not going to screw up the negotiation process either. If Frost wants to come home, it's for reasons other than who is offering the most money.

Picture Frost saying to Barrett Ruud, Bo Ruud, Matt Davison (best man in his wedding), his mother and father, etc., "Yeah, I was gonna take the Nebraska job, but they leaked the info and I'm pissed because it's messing with my current team so I'm declining the offer." OR "Yeah, I was gonna take the Nebraska job, but they leaked the info and Florida offered me slightly better terms and money so we're going to Gainesville." Just not plausible. The guy isn't that stingy, he isn't Lane Kiffin.

Good news though, I know someone who had dinner with Tom Ruud very recently. They played together for DONU back in the day. Tom didn't come right out and say Frost took the job. He did however let slip that his sons were coming home. Barrett is on the UCF staff as a Quality Control Assistant, so you can take that FWIW. I hope that tidbit of info is correct.

We need to be patient folks. Regardless of what Frost does, Riley will be fired after the Iowa game and his replacement will be hired after the CCG weekend. If it isn't Frost, OH WELL! There will be a replacement and life goes on. Have faith in Moos that he will make the right choice! He loves the support he has here and the regents are helping him immensely. If you are skeptical of Moos then look at where Wazzu is in the CFP poll this week. If you can't totally put your faith in Moos, know the regents are very involved in this hiring process, unlike last time.

I think it is more likely than not that we won't get a straight answer from Frost or anyone around the hiring process until and official announcement is made. Shocking I know.
This. Lars could be right, but it really doesn't mean anything at this point in time. The speculation is so fun and hope is building, but people need to be more realistic about these reports. Chip Kelly wasn't going to the NFL until he did. Nick Saban wasn't leaving Miami for Bama until he did. Conversely, Tom Herman was a lock to LSU at one point, but still denied reports of going to Texas.

I keep seeing comments like these from some guys. Man, we all really need to get a grip. If the guy wants to come here, he will come here. Lars Anderson's report or "leak", regardless of its merit, isn't going to sway him one way or the other. Further, it's not going to screw up the negotiation process either. If Frost wants to come home, it's for reasons other than who is offering the most money.

Picture Frost saying to Barrett Ruud, Bo Ruud, Matt Davison (best man in his wedding), his mother and father, etc., "Yeah, I was gonna take the Nebraska job, but they leaked the info and I'm pissed because it's messing with my current team so I'm declining the offer." OR "Yeah, I was gonna take the Nebraska job, but they leaked the info and Florida offered me slightly better terms and money so we're going to Gainesville." Just not plausible. The guy isn't that stingy, he isn't Lane Kiffin.

Good news though, I know someone who had dinner with Tom Ruud very recently. They played together for DONU back in the day. Tom didn't come right out and say Frost took the job. He did however let slip that his sons were coming home. Barrett is on the UCF staff as a Quality Control Assistant, so you can take that FWIW. I hope that tidbit of info is correct.

We need to be patient folks. Regardless of what Frost does, Riley will be fired after the Iowa game and his replacement will be hired after the CCG weekend. If it isn't Frost, OH WELL! There will be a replacement and life goes on. Have faith in Moos that he will make the right choice! He loves the support he has here and the regents are helping him immensely. If you are skeptical of Moos then look at where Wazzu is in the CFP poll this week. If you can't totally put your faith in Moos, know the regents are very involved in this hiring process, unlike last time.
It's the holidays. OF COURSE Ruud's sons are "coming home"...Winking

Boom. Well said. That's what I've been imagining too. Frost looking in the eyes of his Husker teammates and explaining that "I was going to come home but then, well, you know, Leakgate. Sorry, guys." That ain't happening. He's either coming here or he isn't, and that decision will have nothing to do with anything leaked out or prematurely "reported" by anyone.

I get why Frost might be upset, 1) disrespect to his current team/players 2) disrespect to Riley 3) He probably wanted to be the one to come out and say it, not have some Alabama journalist teacher do it 4) now the media will be hounding him going forward.

Having said all this, there’s no way he doesn’t come now bc of Lars’ doing. He knows that the Nebraska job might not become available for a while and now is the time to come on board.

I get why Frost might be upset, 1) disrespect to his current team/players 2) disrespect to Riley 3) He probably wanted to be the one to come out and say it, not have some Alabama journalist teacher do it 4) now the media will be hounding him going forward.

Having said all this, there’s no way he doesn’t come now bc of Lars’ doing. He knows that the Nebraska job might not become available for a while and now is the time to come on board.
In Lars' defense, he graduated from Lincoln Southeast and UNL.

Or too many outsiders who haven't got a clue but want people to think they're insiders.
I could care less about having insider status. I'm highly skeptical of everything I hear. But like I said, it's fun to have conversation about this stuff so I'm passing it along. I'm more so trying to illustrate that regardless of what anyone says about the situation, Frost is going to make his own decision. People were always going to come out and spew ignorance and optimistic rumors.

SF wont see anything about any contract, completed or speculated, until his agents have worked out the language and $$$ with the attorneys from NU. There are probably negotiations going on now between these parties without any contact with SF and Moos, this way all parties concerned can deny and be truthful about it. Then when it is the appropriate time, SF and Moos will see the negotiated terms and put a yes or no on it. Then the true negotiations begin.

Ya .... he is going to pass on 30-40 million dollars because someone didn’t keep a secret

:confused:

Everyone wants to be "in the know." Human nature I suppose. I didn't read one post stating about the cable TV guy getting Moos set up. How did all of the know it all insiders miss that one? I guess if you speculated enough you are bound to be right about something. If I can't control it, I don't worry about it but it is fun to watch all that think they can or want to.

I never claimed to be an insider. I know a few who are.

I find it funny that some seem to be Scott Frost mind readers and think that a leaked report couldn’t possibly cause a person to change his mind. Maybe just maybe the bond he has with his current team is so strong that he wanted the parting to be on his terms, and expected that to be respected? Some people have integrity and don’t want to have to look people in the face and lie to them.

Yesterday at this time I was 100% sure he was coming. Now, I’m only about 51%. I think it still happens but I’m not nearly so confident.

Boom. Well said. That's what I've been imagining too. Frost looking in the eyes of his Husker teammates and explaining that "I was going to come home but then, well, you know, Leakgate. Sorry, guys." That ain't happening. He's either coming here or he isn't, and that decision will have nothing to do with anything leaked out or prematurely "reported" by anyone.
It is also possible that Coaches Agents leak this info for two reasons, to either drive up the price, or make it easier for them to leave when they do decide to leave because everyone knew there was a chance they would leave.

It is also possible that Coaches Agents leak this info for two reasons, to either drive up the price, or make it easier for them to leave when they do decide to leave because everyone knew there was a chance they would leave.
I agree. I feel like the only one who wants to jack the price up is the agent himself. He goes to the bank and gets his client a damn good deal. SF isn't in it for money, he has enough of it already by now to live a comfortable life.

That's an interesting point about making it easier to leave. Makes a lot of sense IMO

In this day and age of social media you have to expect many of these " insiders" who throw shit against the wall to see what sticks.GBR
GIF-Gorilla-Attack.gif

It's the holidays. OF COURSE Ruud's sons are "coming home"...Winking

Pretty sure Bo Ruud still lives in Lincoln. And it's possible that Barrett might just be getting out of the coaching business to move back home - he only has a quality control job at UCF now that I'm sure doesn't pay much at all.

Reactions: DayByDay69
Pretty sure Bo Ruud still lives in Lincoln. And it's possible that Barrett might just be getting out of the coaching business to move back home - he only has a quality control job at UCF now that I'm sure doesn't pay much at all.
Gotta love silly season. I believe Tom meant to work on the new staff, but like all these rumors, only time will tell.

Welcome to the fishbowl, HCSF.

As a player, Scott Frost is very aware of the Nebraska fishbowl.

I heard this morning that he was going to take the Florida job because he won’t face as much fan speculation and scrutiny there. Just kidding.

He would face this wherever he went. He’s likely the top coaching prospect this cycle.

Reactions: HuskerDana
As a player, Scott Frost is very aware of the Nebraska fishbowl.

I heard this morning that he was going to take the Florida job because he won’t face as much fan speculation and scrutiny there. Just kidding.

He would face this wherever he went. He’s likely the top coaching prospect this cycle.

Yep, even UCLA (a basketball school) just canned a coach who won over 60% of his games. If you want to coach against the big boys in the big games, you're going to face scrutiny.

I never claimed to be an insider. I know a few who are.

I find it funny that some seem to be Scott Frost mind readers and think that a leaked report couldn’t possibly cause a person to change his mind. Maybe just maybe the bond he has with his current team is so strong that he wanted the parting to be on his terms, and expected that to be respected? Some people have integrity and don’t want to have to look people in the face and lie to them.

Yesterday at this time I was 100% sure he was coming. Now, I’m only about 51%. I think it still happens but I’m not nearly so confident.

Anything new on this front? Do you still feel the same way today?

How can you leak something that hasn't happened?
How do you know it hasn't? Because, like every other coach in this situation he played "politician"? They all deny until both sides want it to come. Frost for sure does not want anything to come out until after his aac game. It would be irresposible and disrepectful to his current team. It shows his main focus right now is his players and his team. I would actually respect him less if he came out and admitted to it. Would show his focus is only himself and moving on.

Cue the tape of EVERY coach having a successful season at a non-traditional power school acting pissed while having to respond to questions about the hot jobs he is rumored to be interested in. It's the dance. Nothing new.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT