ADVERTISEMENT

For anyone who hasn't figured out the problem yet

The truth of the matter is there is only a handful of top tier QB's and they go to top teams....Nebraska isn't one of them, not by a mile. So why even debate it ?

Yes, which means we're going to need a QB Coach who has a proven record of being able to develop QBs. Marcus Satterfield is definitely not that guy.

If you look at the top head coaches in College Football right now, almost every single one of them were either known for being great QB Coaches, or great Defensive Coordinators. With Rhule, what is his identity? What does he bring to the table that is going to get talent to come here? Most recruits are not going to care about what he did at Temple or Baylor. They want to go somewhere that can develop them into NFL players.

Yes, which means we're going to need a QB Coach who has a proven record of being able to develop QBs. Marcus Satterfield is definitely not that guy.

If you look at the top head coaches in College Football right now, almost every single one of them were either known for being great QB Coaches, or great Defensive Coordinators. With Rhule, what is his identity? What does he bring to the table that is going to get talent to come here? Most recruits are not going to care about what he did at Temple or Baylor. They want to go somewhere that can develop them into NFL players.
Rhule has a good record of getting guys to the NFL. That and turning programs around are what he’s known for.

Reactions: scarletred
got it

not just intelligent but also the only one allowed to ask questions

typical
you are asking stupid questions
it isn't my place nor yours nor anyone else's on here to suggest "punishments" because the season didn't go as you wanted it to.
Grow up.

Thats not gonna matter if he's the OC.
Youre Dumb You Dont Know GIF by NETFLIX

Kong, no way you’re more upset at not making a bowl game than I’am..

At least I see plenty of blame to go around..

Solid English…

Remember USC only had 13 turnovers in 2022 🤣🤣🤣. Learn to count then run your mouth boy.

so you're the only one who can ask questions?

and you prefer not to share what you believe the coaching staff is responsible for?
This clown suggested the running backs fumbled as much as the QBs in another thread guys. He isn't worth anyone's time. I question his mindset just from his avatar.

the kid from Okla (Fields I think is his name) is a real stud and can play outside, inside or safty.
HIs HS film indicated that explosiveness. I have heard very little about him since he came to campus. Do you have solid info or just a hunch based on the HS films?

so you prefer not to share what you believe the coaching staff is responsible for?

only to ask others?

and chastise them as unintelligent if their answers don't align with your mysterious ideas?
come on now, you've been the aggressor and having a hissy fit all season. Everyone has seen your tantrums and womanly passive aggressiveness.

I want to see the team improve year after year and that is what I believe they are ultimately responsible for. You guys cry after week 1. For some it was the spring game.

Now you play victim. Pathetic.

Last edited:
Rhule has a good record of getting guys to the NFL. That and turning programs around are what he’s known for.
It seems like these are political talking points that keep being repeated over and over. Throw in the third year where the record really gets good.

I am not sure what a "good record" of getting guys to the NFL really is. Examples where he is superior or at least much better?

He turned programs around in the third year and then leaves. If that qualifies as a turn around then you got me. What is his record against teams with a winning record or top 10 teams? What is his long term success rate?

I am not bashing on Rhule, he is going to be our guy until he can't take this anymore and leaves for greener pastures which seems to be his MO. However, you and others seem to parrot the same lines over and over and there needs to be some context. Given what our league will look like going forward, things have now suddenly become much more difficult.

It seems like these are political talking points that keep being repeated over and over. Throw in the third year where the record really gets good.

I am not sure what a "good record" of getting guys to the NFL really is. Examples where he is superior or at least much better?

He turned programs around in the third year and then leaves. If that qualifies as a turn around then you got me. What is his record against teams with a winning record or top 10 teams? What is his long term success rate?

I am not bashing on Rhule, he is going to be our guy until he can't take this anymore and leaves for greener pastures which seems to be his MO. However, you and others seem to parrot the same lines over and over and there needs to be some context. Given what our league will look like going forward, things have now suddenly become much more difficult.
This is his 4rd year in the P5. 2nd first year at a dumpster fire. We shall see what happens.

I’m a glass half full guy. The alternative is to be miserable and bitch incessantly like some on here.

come on now, you've been the aggressor and having a hissy fit all season. Everyone has seen your tantrums and womanly passive aggressiveness.

I want to see the team improve year after year and that is what I believe they are ultimately responsible for. You guys cry after week 1. For some it was the spring game.

Now you play victim. Pathetic.
I answered every single question you asked me ITT.

you refused to answer a single one of mine, which was asked in good nature.

I keep dunking on you and you keep coming back for more.

2021 -Giveaways per game - Rank
NU - #71
SC - #123

NU - #83
SC - #119

2023 Satt leaves SC and goes to NU
NU - #133
SC - #26

Source

So here's my thing with Satterfield. I watched his two years at SC. Living here it was pretty bad for him. Imo we could have done way better than him as an OC. This isn't hindsight either I said it before hand. SC was THRILLED to get rid of him.

That said I figured when he came here I'd give him a clean slate. Judge him by his actions here.

Anyways without bagging on him and faulting him for our shifty QB play I haven't seen one thing from him that has made me waiver from my initial thoughts about him. While I can't really blame him for what he inherited I can blame him for poor calls, situational awareness, playing to players strengths, and at some point he has to be culpable for turnovers. Seriously it's not a coincidence that TURNOVERS SEEM TO FOLLOW YOUR OFFENSES.

I understand he will get another year at least but imo he was clearly the worst hire of Ruhle. Especially considering they paid him top 5-10 OC money. SC fans,administration and coaches were so thrilled that we bailed them out.

I think it's a miss. Unfortunately it'll be at least another year before anyone cam be sure.

Holla

I answered every single question you asked me ITT.

you refused to answer a single one of mine, which was asked in good nature.
I just did answer your question.

They are responsible for improving the program over time
You want to get into the weeds and place the blame on your sacrificial scape goats.

So here's my thing with Satterfield. I watched his two years at SC. Living here it was pretty bad for him. Imo we could have done way better than him as an OC. This isn't hindsight either I said it before hand. SC was THRILLED to get rid of him.

That said I figured when he came here I'd give him a clean slate. Judge him by his actions here.

Anyways without bagging on him and faulting him for our shifty QB play I haven't seen one thing from him that has made me waiver from my initial thoughts about him. While I can't really blame him for what he inherited I can blame him for poor calls, situational awareness, playing to players strengths, and at some point he has to be culpable for turnovers. Seriously it's not a coincidence that TURNOVERS SEEM TO FOLLOW YOUR OFFENSES.

I understand he will get another year at least but imo he was clearly the worst hire of Ruhle. Especially considering they paid him top 5-10 OC money. SC fans,administration and coaches were so thrilled that we bailed them out.

I think it's a miss. Unfortunately it'll be at least another year before anyone cam be sure.

Holla
I respect your opinion. I’ve posted several times that the jury is out on him at NU. I think he gets another year to sink or swim. The key for any OC is getting
the man at QB. We most definitely did not have that this year.

FWIW I think Trev is fully aware of the situation and would encourage a change if he felt it was necessary.

I just did answer your question.

They are responsible for improving the program over time
You want to get into the weeds and place the blame on your sacrificial scape goats.
How do you objectively measure “improving the program over time”?

And how much time is a representative enough sample by which to judge said improvement or lack thereof?

I don't want to take anything away from Tony White, BUT what were each of our opponents ranked in Total Offense?
On NCAA college football stats. You are right Pretty pitiful group of offenses. Michigan the best in total offense at No. 57. Iowa, naturally, last at 130. Surprised Colorado was all the way down to No. 80. Mich. state. 125. Average of all 12 about 80th. Big 12 completely opposite. Lots of big yardage offenses and pitiful defenses.

How do you objectively measure “improving the program over time”?

And how much time is a representative enough sample by which to judge said improvement or lack thereof?
how well ones play against quality opponents and wins
every situation is different so difficult to tell. I don't get paid to make those decisions

On NCAA college football stats. You are right Pretty pitiful group of offenses. Michigan the best in total offense at No. 57. Iowa, naturally, last at 130. Surprised Colorado was all the way down to No. 80. Mich. state. 125. Average of all 12 about 80th. Big 12 completely opposite. Lots of big yardage offenses and pitiful defenses.
yup. That is why stats from various conferences can be crapshoots

sick burn. Doesn't detract from your retardation. Hopefully it isn't genetic. Poor kid.
Do you know what a chromosome is? Because you have like 9 extra ones.
Biology and stats are not your strong suits.. stick to your strengths…. Fondling satterfield’s balls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT