ADVERTISEMENT

For anyone who hasn't figured out the problem yet

Here you go. It's as ugly as you'd expect.

Total Offense​
Total Defense​
Final Record​
08/31/23​
L 10-13​
122​
59​
5​
7​
09/09/23​
L 14-36​
80​
126​
4​
8​
09/16/23​
W 35-11​
77​
22​
6​
6​
09/23/23​
W 28-14​
66​
108​
3​
9​
09/30/23​
L 7-45​
57​
2​
12​
0​
10/06/23​
W 20-7​
60​
63​
5​
7​
10/21/23​
W 17-9​
121​
43​
7​
5​
10/28/23​
W 31-14​
68​
68​
4​
8​
11/04/23​
L 17-20​
125​
78​
4​
8​
11/11/23​
L 10-13​
58​
34​
7​
5​
11/18/23​
L 17-24​
75​
31​
7​
5​
11/24/23​
Iowa
L 10-13​
130​
7​
10​
2​
6 teams on there are bowling ... the team with the best offense in the list is Michigan ... the team with the worst offense is Iowa ... they have 2 things in common. Incredible defense and double digit wins. I know the narrative that the defenses really aren't that good. A product of the worst conference in P5. So, if the 4 pac-12 teams coming in next year end up near the top of the conference, then that narrative will be proven correct. But if they don't ...
Next year is gonna be fun (gulp) and educational.

Reactions: FissionReaction
this is what you don't seem to get, even though you're talking about adjusting to players in this exact same thread:

it's not low risk for us. with our TEs, receivers and quarterbacks, that play is not a low risk play.

it resulted in a turnover 100% of the time it was called in the red zone.
Should have taken the 3 against Maryland, and not been so agressive. Should have not taken the 3 and gone for the win against Wisconsin, and not been so passive. should have not been so agressive against Iowa and run out the clock.

There, did I get that right?

Reactions: RedMyMind
They love playing dumb and using fallacious reasoning. Would be great politicians.
Amnesia
Confused 90 Day Fiance GIF by TLC

It isn’t. People can choose to be butt hurt over it for as long as they want. I was over the loss before I left the stadium. The staff walked into an offensive roster that really didn’t feature any all league level talent and that was before the injuries. I doubt they were running the offense they envisioned in August. The talent on the roster is young. Even though the results were insufficient, the younger kids benefitted enormously from playing and will be more capable next year. The Oline has trained and practiced for three very different offenses in three years. Maybe instead of chasing the quick fix, let Purdy and Haarberg compete for the spot and go from there.
+1 good quality post, but still think we need a better QB than either Purdy or HH moving forward in the new B1G conference next season..

Reactions: jimmykrackedkorn
Should have taken the 3 against Maryland, and not been so agressive. Should have not taken the 3 and gone for the win against Wisconsin, and not been so passive. should have not been so agressive against Iowa and run out the clock.

There, did I get that right?
should have just run the ball with an avg time per play cadence in both situations & accepted the result because you're putting your team in the best position to succeed.

instead of being inexplicably idiotic.

Have you not looked at any of my data points .. this is all a symptom of Satt. You merely want to treat the symptoms instead of eliminating the root cause
I don't give a shit what he did somewhere else with different personnel . Again ...we started with average talent and lost that . We lacked at QB and lost too many turnovers . The turnovers have more than proved our chief downfall , years of proof.

Reactions: RedMyMind
terrible how?
how does his offense have a tendency to turn the ball over in relation to other offenses?
Jeff Sims isn't good, should have looked elsewhere
irrelevant unless you want to blame sorcery
yes
We have data. You don't have to ask how. Unless you're dumb and obtuse....

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
I understand that we all wanted to win more yet
Internal I think there was way more disfunction from Riley and Frost than what any of us could fathom.
Players are for him and they definitely would know what it was like vs what it is like
Just my opinion

6 teams on there are bowling ... the team with the best offense in the list is Michigan ... the team with the worst offense is Iowa ... they have 2 things in common. Incredible defense and double digit wins. I know the narrative that the defenses really aren't that good. A product of the worst conference in P5. So, if the 4 pac-12 teams coming in next year end up near the top of the conference, then that narrative will be proven correct. But if they don't ...
Next year is gonna be fun (gulp) and educational.
Of Ioway 12 games 5 teams were 116th, 120th, 121th , 122nd 125th in the country in total offense.. Not saying their not a good defense because their very sound..

But playing 5 teams that are as bad as they are helps that ranking..

I don't give a shit what he did somewhere else with different personnel . Again ...we started with average talent and lost that . We lacked at QB and lost too many turnovers . The turnovers have more than proved our chief downfall , years of proof.
they can't analyze anything that isn't black and white reasoning.

Doubt that.
Why?

He'd have been the same qb he has been everywhere he's played. He's gonna throw for around 3k yards, around 20 tds, and 8 or 9 picks.

That's light years better than anything nebraska had this year.

Of Ioway 12 games 5 teams were 116th, 120th, 121th , 122nd 125th in the country in total offense.. Not saying their not a good defense because their very sound..

But playing 5 teams that are as bad as they are helps that ranking..
I get it. But it's a chicken and egg thing. Are defenses hurting offense rankings ? ... or are offenses enabling defense rankings ?
7-5 Iowa played a 7-5 SEC team in their bowl game last year. Iowa won 21-0. I think we'll both agree that the Big 10 is not known for offense, but we've both heard the axiom: offense wins games, defense wins championships. If Michigan falls flat like they did last year, your point will be ascendant. Last year 50% of all playoff teams came from our conference and it's telling that we couldn't advance.

Yeah let me know when Rhule/Satterfield land a QB like that. I imagine you'll be waiting a long time.
That might be truth. Sark’s resume from the NFL and Bama are strong selling points to QB recruits. Couple that with million dollar plus NIL availability and you’re going to get most of the QBs you want. Peetz MIGHT have helped but I doubt it. IMO we’re going to have to find under valued QB recruits and develop them.

That might be truth. Sark’s tesume from the NFL and Bama are strong selling points to QB recruits. Couple that with million dollar plus NIL availability and you’re going to get most of the QBs you want. Peetz MIGHT have helped but I doubt it. IMO we’re going to have to find under valued QB recruits and develop them.
The truth of the matter is there is only a handful of top tier QB's and they go to top teams....Nebraska isn't one of them, not by a mile. So why even debate it ?

Reactions: dinglefritz
should have just run the ball with an avg time per play cadence in both situations & accepted the result because you're putting your team in the best position to succeed.

instead of being inexplicably idiotic.
Both is usually used to discuss two situations, not three. Try again.

I get it. But it's a chicken and egg thing. Are defenses hurting offense rankings ? ... or are offenses enabling defense rankings ?
7-5 Iowa played a 7-5 SEC team in their bowl game last year. Iowa won 21-0. I think we'll both agree that the Big 10 is not known for offense, but we've both heard the axiom: offense wins games, defense wins championships. If Michigan falls flat like they did last year, your point will be ascendant. Last year 50% of all playoff teams came from our conference and it's telling that we couldn't advance.
Some of Kentucky best players which one of them is QBing the Titans didn’t even participate in the Music City bowl..

herky, you weren’t playing offensive juggernaut in that bowl game with so many opting out..

Reactions: dinglefritz
How did SC do without Satt this year?

Terrible
They did terrible with him but turned the ball over a lot less. There's a reason the Gamecocks beat 2 playoff contenders 2 weeks in a row after putting up 6 against the Gators lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT