ADVERTISEMENT

Florida vacations suggestions

dacred

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 11, 2002
taking the GF to St. Petersburg Beach next week, what are the "must things" to do or see down there. I have been on the other side of the state many times and this being the first on the gulf side. Anything from Clearwater to the Keys, maybe even Daytona Beach if I rent a motorcycle for a day.

The beach is the must thing. One of the best beaches in the whole world IMHO. Plus you'll have it all to yourself because the locals think it's too cold.

But if you get tired of the beach, Busch Gardens in Tampa is fun. Theme Park with great roller coasters and a great natural preserve (you know, like a Zoo, only huge enough that you don't feel sorry for the animals).

When I'm in Clearwater Beach, I always go to Frenchy's for the She-Crab Soup. I don't know why I love it so much.

If you're in for some cheesy entertainment and all the beer you can drink, take the nighttime Captain Memo's pirate cruise.

The large estate and museum founded by Ringling (of Ringling bros circus fame) is worth seeing.

i personally dont care for the beaches on the gulf side--water is not as clear nor warm as on the atlantic (lauderdale/Miami) area.

Naples--a couple hours south is a very upscale community.

Venice has a nice downtown area.

The large estate and museum founded by Ringling (of Ringling bros circus fame) is worth seeing.

i personally dont care for the beaches on the gulf side--water is not as clear nor warm as on the atlantic (lauderdale/Miami) area.

Naples--a couple hours south is a very upscale community.

Venice has a nice downtown area.
My next trip is to Naples. Had a friend stay beach side at the Golf Resort and loved it. Pics looked awesome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT