ADVERTISEMENT

Fant Announcing Now on 1620

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are able to land Mykelle McDaniel over Alabama, Florida, Auburn, Georgia (basically the whole SEC), then losing out on Fant isn't a big deal, bottom line. Like HTO said earlier, we recruit better than Iowa. We can find a guy to fill his role. Not saying we don't want Fant, but chances are good we fill his void.
Good lucK ON #mcdaniel.

Losing Fant is not good, esp. given the extreme need we have for athletic DEs. I agree with what many others have said as far as this not being as big of deal given coach riley`s ability to land a top-notch TE prospect. But this is about more than TE recruiting only. Hope he ultimately changes his mind to #nebraska at DE, where he has higher upside in my opinion. The guy is a freak athletically, esp. given he`s an omaha guy

Huh?!? There is a ton of Husker football presence in Sioux Falls. Huskers were on 99.1FM last year when we were in Sioux Falls, not sure if it'll be the same with the network switch.
Just an FYI...
99.1 FM is a southwest Iowa station. http://www.kmaland.com/
They have a pretty good signal, so I don't doubt you were able to pick them up in Sioux Falls.
Unfortunately they will not be carrying Nebraska games this year,

If we are able to land Mykelle McDaniel over Alabama, Florida, Auburn, Georgia (basically the whole SEC), then losing out on Fant isn't a big deal, bottom line. Like HTO said earlier, we recruit better than Iowa. We can find a guy to fill his role. Not saying we don't want Fant, but chances are good we fill his void.
Well, chances are Iowa's starting TE again will be better than what Nebraska puts out there. I don't think it's been even close but maybe once the past 10-15 years. Sure, fill the void. It's pretty much a wasted position at UN these days.

Reactions: fanhawk19
Good lucK ON #mcdaniel.

Losing Fant is not good, esp. given the extreme need we have for athletic DEs. I agree with what many others have said as far as this not being as big of deal given coach riley`s ability to land a top-notch TE prospect. But this is about more than TE recruiting only. Hope he ultimately changes his mind to #nebraska at DE, where he has higher upside in my opinion. The guy is a freak athletically, esp. given he`s an omaha guy

Reactions: dinglefritz
Well, chances are Iowa's starting TE again will be better than what Nebraska puts out there. I don't think it's been even close but maybe once the past 10-15 years. Sure, fill the void. It's pretty much a wasted position at UN these days.
And chances are you will lose yet again to NU with that "wasted" position. But that's not a surprise...you are Iowa.

that might mean something coming from anyone other than you. glad to know you've found something else to get so hurt about.

At the expense of Io_a fans and their shitty program.

Well HTO, you are certainly right that Iowa's football program is down currently. I am glad you get to belittle the program. We all know it's certainly the only time of year you can do that because as of lately you can't do it in regards to our basketball, baseball, and wrestling programs.

Well HTO, you are certainly right that Iowa's football program is down currently. I am glad you get to belittle the program. We all know it's certainly the only time of year you can do that because as of lately you can't do it in regards to our basketball, baseball, and wrestling programs.

Wrestling? That's all you got? Wrestling? It's freakin' football season. It's the reason for all the conference realiagnments. Not basketball. Not baseball. And certainly not wrestling. LOL

I hope you guys don't miss Bo and the toughness that brought to your program. Your new guy sounds like a wimpy west coast stoner. Good luck this year. Go Hawks!

Reactions: fanhawk19
I hope you guys don't miss Bo and the toughness that brought to your program. Your new guy sounds like a wimpy west coast stoner. Good luck this year. Go Hawks!
Should we be impressed by Iowas program or something? You guys are trying awfully hard for a middle of the pack West team. Ferentz will gladly accept another large paycheck this year and being mediocre results. The Iowa way.

I think this is where the "pot calling the kettle black" jpg goes.

Iowa has finished above .500 once in the Big Ten since the Huskers joined. They are lucky to be .500 in the Big Ten and that's just reality. It's the norm for your program and always has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT