ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Too 100 Athletes of 21st Century

9 women in the top 50…should be zero.

7 WNBA players in the top 100? HA!

In addition, soccer in general is way over-represented.
So true. The only women who deserves to be there is Griner for her work in the Russian penal league.

Or was that Chris Bosh?

• Haha
Reactions: scarletred
If the Shaq is in the top 100 so should Pistol Pete Maravich..

How sad the majority of the USA basketball team cannot spin the ball on their finger… Pathetic..

Reactions: PvilleHuskerTim
Golfers are not athletes, either are car drivers.
The amount of G’s pulling the body and the overall physical excursion applied during an F1 race is monumental.

Golf, people will point to guys like Daly as an example but they won’t look at the skill it takes to hit that ball and the small details that could lead to disaster. I have a new appreciation for golf after trying to learn it - it’s crazy tough and unbelievable pressure at every level.

My .02

In no way, shape or form does ESPN have any credibility in anything they do or report. What an absolute waste of of a great idea, and all sports network. I really wish FoxSports would step up and get a decent sports news/highlight show.
All of their lists are terrible. Their college football stadium list is comical. Michigan & the Rose Bowl both suck as stadiums and they are 2 & 3. I get the nostalgia, but both places suck to watch a game. Been to Rose Bowl for the actual game is 2001 and UCLA in 2010 and it sucks. Been to Michigan as well and that stadium is huge, but super quiet and sucks. You are correct, and ESPN just blow all around anymore.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
The amount of G’s pulling the body and the overall physical excursion applied during an F1 race is monumental.

Golf, people will point to guys like Daly as an example but they won’t look at the skill it takes to hit that ball and the small details that could lead to disaster. I have a new appreciation for golf after trying to learn it - it’s crazy tough and unbelievable pressure at every level.

My .02
Then the list should include billiard players.

Reactions: baseball31ne

My .02
Dont get me wrong, Im not saying they are easy 'sports', just shouldn't be classified along with the rest. Similar to pool, bowling, doing a rubix cube really fast, etc, etc.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Simone Biles
Ehh that's rough. Shes the best to ever do her sport, has moves named after her, and if she had tried to compete at that time she could have died. She's back for these games and should be fun to watch. Not that Gymnastics make the most sense visually.

Ehh that's rough. Shes the best to ever do her sport, has moves named after her, and if she had tried to compete at that time she could have died. She's back for these games and should be fun to watch. Not that Gymnastics make the most sense visually.
She’s a stud - I don’t disagree - my original post was saying it’s a stretch to have her above Tiger one of the GOATS, Usain (fastest person on earth) and Kobe (arguably one of the best of all time). In sports you have to deliver physically and mentally and these 3 did both throughout their careers.

I’ll be rooting for Simone and hopefully she can make comeback after the challenges she faced 4 years ago.

She’s a stud - I don’t disagree - my original post was saying it’s a stretch to have her above Tiger one of the GOATS, Usain (fastest person on earth) and Kobe (arguably one of the best of all time). In sports you have to deliver physically and mentally and these 3 did both throughout their careers.

I’ll be rooting for Simone and hopefully she can make comeback after the challenges she faced 4 years ago.
I'm too lazy to look it up but how many majors did Tiger win pre-2000. It's a technicality but curious. If Phelps is up there after the next month Ledecky would be there too. Either way these lists are stupidly subjective and very much a staple of nothing to talk about in July before football.

I'm too lazy to look it up but how many majors did Tiger win pre-2000. It's a technicality but curious. If Phelps is up there after the next month Ledecky would be there too. Either way these lists are stupidly subjective and very much a staple of nothing to talk about in July before football.
He won 2 97-99 .I agree on your assessment of all of these lists.No t directed at you but it’s really amusing to see people get all upset about all these types of lists. It’s just someone’s opinion.

He won 2 97-99 .I agree on your assessment of all of these lists.No t directed at you but it’s really amusing to see people get all upset about all these types of lists. It’s just someone’s opinion.
Yep just summer conversation starters

Surprised that the cvnts at ESP-ew didn’t put the dude with the dick who swims against women in there….

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT