ADVERTISEMENT

ALL RED!

excited peter griffin GIF by HULU

I'm tainted by history with the all red thing - brings back memories of the '86 NU-OU game, one of the most painful losses in my lifetime of being a Husker fan. A bit of the same feeling on all whites - reminds me of a disappointing loss to Washington in a game at Husky Stadium that I attended in the early 90s.

Last edited:
I'm tainted by history with the all red thing - brings back memories of the '86 NU-OU game, one of the most painful losses in my lifetime of being a Husker fan. A bit of the same feeling on all whites - reminds me of a disappointing loss to Washington in a game at Husky Stadium that I attended.
The whole alternative uni thing is tainted. At least from recent history, how many games have we won versus lost wearing alternative uniforms?

Even if they came up with a Badass uniform, when the piss the game down their leg, there goes any excitement for them

Reactions: huskerfan66
🤷🏼‍♂️ If I had it my way it would be the Colorado night game!
I don’t know. With all Deion/CU’s hype and glitz and glamour BS I want NU to just go out there in their regular work clothes — scarlet & cream — and execute a beatdown. But if all scarlet helps attain that goal I’m all in. (Bad flashbacks to Oklahoma 1986 though)

I’ve have mentioned this before but if Bill Jennings would have not switch the helmets from Red to White the last year he coached too this day we might have been wearing Red helmets instead of white ones..

Only decision that Bob made was in Nebraska first away game during the 1964 season against Minnesota Nebraska wore red pants for away games except for the 1966 Orange bowl which was at night..

I'm tainted by history with the all red thing - brings back memories of the '86 NU-OU game, one of the most painful losses in my lifetime of being a Husker fan. A bit of the same feeling on all whites - reminds me of a disappointing loss to Washington in a game at Husky Stadium that I attended in the early 90s.
That was 1992. Mike Grant was the starting QB.

They also wore all-white in 2002 when Nebraska officially changed their uniforms. All-white with a red stripe down the sides. Coincidentally, they went 7-7 that year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT