ADVERTISEMENT

Early Ark State prediction thread

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
i know it is early, but when I read that the team is now turning its attention to first game prep it got me thinking in a serious way about that first game. So here is my prediction:

NU 48
Ark St. 9

After a crisp Fall camp I see the Huskers playing well for an opening game. It is an opening game for the other guys too. And they have a lot more question marks than we do. NU, unlike last year against inferior opponents, puts this one away early.

I'm going to say Huskers 28-20 with Tanner Lee going down early and POB playing 2/3 of the game. Bootle and Jackson each give up a long TD, and so does a bust by Alex Davis on a running play (C. Davis blocks the XP).

Instead of collecting his NFL accolades and sleeping with cheerleaders from both schools, Tanner Lee goes hip replacement shopping with litespeed ;)

Yes this is a joke.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I'm going to say Huskers 28-20 with Tanner Lee going down early and POB playing 2/3 of the game. Bootle and Jackson each give up a long TD, and so does a bust by Alex Davis on a running play (C. Davis blocks the XP).

Instead of collecting his NFL accolades and sleeping with cheerleaders from both schools, Tanner Lee goes hip replacement shopping with litespeed ;)

Yes this is a joke.
Yeah but I don't see the comedy in it!

Nebraska 34- Ark St. 17

Looking back at past schedules, Ark State has played all over and played a fair amount of power 5 schools in the Non Con. So they won't be intimidated, but they just wont have the horses to keep up. I do think this is a really good test for Nebraska and I do like how their schedule sets up this year.

Arkansas State has been known for having a dynamic offense, although last year they seemed to take a step backwards in terms of offensive production. The team started out 0-4 and finished a respectable 8-5. During their run of wins, none really came against anyone respectable with a decent win over UCF in the bowl game.

The Arkansas State QB returns, now a junior after putting up respectable numbers in his sophomore season (2719 yards passing, 19 TDs and 8 INTs). He's 6'4, 207, and definitely not a runner with a net -13 yards last season on the ground.

We will see if Diaco is "holding back" blitz packages for a bigger game, say Oregon, or if he wants to get the team comfortable in new schemes.

I think Nebraska wins this one (duh), but I think there are some kinks to work out defensively and offensively. I think it's a game at half. Huskers pull away in the third and take their foot off the gas in the 4th.

Huskers 38
Ark State 24

Reactions: spinner4
Just for those that care, but I am 93.788% sure Arkansas St is also replacing 4 starters on the OLine.
This may not bode well for them, given that we return Freedom and Mick as starters, plus Carlos played a lot of snaps. Their QB looks like he can he can throw it a bit, so our DBs will get some work.

Yes this is a joke.
Ummm, really not that funny

Yes this is a joke.

I found it amusing JFlo.

Reactions: jflores
I'm with the 38-24 crowd. Offensively I think Lee will look as advertised and Lindsey will have an electric performance for a true freshman. Defensively we'll be pretty vanilla and have a few breakdowns in the secondary. All in all, not too bad for first game. Ark St will score late TD to make the score look respectable.

I really want to go big on Nebraska to cover, but there are some iffy betting trends on this one.

42-17 and the story wont be about TL, but how Tre Bryant takes control of the RB situation and runs wild. TL looks good also, just outshined by Bryant and the conservative play calling.

The talk after the game will be about making excuses. Many will say we played a "vanilla" O and D and that accounts for the lack of exciting plays (long bombs, LB blitzes galore, etc). On D We will send four guys with one being a LB and people will say we are finally blitzing more which we aren't. Four is considered base D. I predict we run the ball more than throw it, 60-40 split and maybe 70-30. This is a coming out party for the big uglies up front on both sides of the ball the coaches want to get established game one. It will be methodical and at times boring but solid. I hope to see the team take the game over late first half and the entire second half.

41-17 Huskers.

For the first time in my life, I will actually have skybox seats for this game. That is an omen. Big Husker win coming!

I might need to get a hold of you next week I might have an extra ticket in the Husker section for the Oregon game and I will know for sure with in the next week..

Would love to meet you and watch the game together if possible would you be interested?

Reactions: c3ntral08
41-17 Huskers.

I might need to get a hold of you next week I might have an extra ticket in the Husker section for the Oregon game and I will know for sure with in the next week..

Would love to meet you and watch the game together if possible would you be interested?
Thanks for the offer! But I had to sell my Oregon ticket and won't be going to that game after all. Pisses me off since I was really looking forward to that trip. Thankfully, I bought trip insurance for my plane ticket. I have to be at the U Penn med center that whole week and the next. Long story and not life threatening, but I will be out of commission for two weeks. Ugh. Inner ear surgery thing. Balance affected. Won't be fun.
Meeting you at that game would have been fun. I think we will win. That means lots of drinking. Stupid inner ear.

We could still meet. I will be at the Wisconsin game too (assuming my recovery from surgery is only a week or two as the docs are saying). No Skybox, just regular seats. I usually just party beforehand downtown.

Last edited:
Their history? I'm confused. Lost last 9 against P5
0-9 average score 43-17.
Your not confused, just well researched. A month back a lot of people were really pumping the opponents ability to stun teams on occasion; recently many here are being more factual. I think you have nailed the score. .... I would hate to see more than 17, because I think we have better talent against this team, above 17 could make me wonder what didn't stick in the coaching.

The talk after the game will be about making excuses. Many will say we played a "vanilla" O and D and that accounts for the lack of exciting plays (long bombs, LB blitzes galore, etc). On D We will send four guys with one being a LB and people will say we are finally blitzing more which we aren't. Four is considered base D. I predict we run the ball more than throw it, 60-40 split and maybe 70-30. This is a coming out party for the big uglies up front on both sides of the ball the coaches want to get established game one. It will be methodical and at times boring but solid. I hope to see the team take the game over late first half and the entire second half.
Good news is there should be some long bombs. They like to do that so often in every game, so they aren't giving anything away before Oregon by doing it. I would like to think one of our receivers will break an intermediate pass the distance, they seem to have the "it" factor. A coming out party in receptions ( 4-6 ), by the tight ends is eminent also, the crowds would love that.
Good you point out the big uglies, totally agree they will have a chip on their shoulder - a more talented O-line this year; I think the D line may be or is on the way, to being something special. I really like your post, nice to get some insight. GBR

looking at schedules

WTH are the Miami Hurricanes doing playing an AWAY game @ Ark State in week 2 ??????

PAIN

Lol.. season opener....night game... defense will be jacked... i like the skers 45-10

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT