ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Raiola film

Bo whiffed AFTER Suh. Meaning he didn't capitalize recruiting wise on Suh's mega giant huge year he had PLAYING UNDER BO.
they did land some good DTs who played in the NFL. They weren’t particularly high profile guys though.

10-2? I know your joking right?
Why? Solid D….pretty easy 1st 7….Iowa? Wiscy? USC will be down…UCLA?

Get a handle on turnovers and it doesn’t seem far fetched at all….assuming Raiola performs a few steps anove last years guys.

OL should be vastly improved also.

I get what your trying to say. But we are part of the easy schedule until we prove differently
Keep our TOs averaging less than 2 a game an we will be good. Looking back at all the 1 score losses and the turnover machines we’ve had at WB the last 6 yr and it’s amazing.

A physically mature arm talent worries me far less than our RB situation and fumbles.

I’m the eternal optimist but this years, if DR signed, just feels too right after all the WTF moments the last 5 yr.

Need the kicker to screw his head on straight also.

Reactions: RedMyMind
No doubt DR has an incredible arm. Most of these highlights were either of the bomb variety or feature his ability to throw with people hanging on him.

Can he read a D, pre snap, make the line calls, and go through progressions? Those are very difficult for freshmen to learn so I would expect some learning pains in those areas.

I am always cautious watching HS film as it's always hard to tell how good the opposition. I remember similar film out this year with Sims college highlights and how dominate he was in THOSE highlights. I think the thread headline was something like, "This is all you need to know about Sims." I could be wrong.

It will be exciting to see this offense grow, lots of youth all around.
Alot better to watch the whole game(s).

I agree with you totally. Cautiously. Definitely highest profile we've had in a long time. Hopefully the real deal

Why? Solid D….pretty easy 1st 7….Iowa? Wiscy? USC will be down…UCLA?

Get a handle on turnovers and it doesn’t seem far fetched at all….assuming Raiola performs a few steps anove last years guys.

OL should be vastly improved also.
There is nothing in the past 7 years that would suggest that we are ready to double or win average.

Do you have the capacity to ever get excited again?
Yes. When the Huskers do something to get excited about. We've had plenty of High profile players in the last 20 years. None of them measured up to expectations. Beck, Lucky, Keller etc... .

Yes. When the Huskers do something to get excited about. We've had plenty of High profile players in the last 20 years. None of them measured up to expectations. Beck, Lucky, Keller etc... .
QB is the most important position on any team. We’ve had spotty QB play for a long time. When you lose as many close games as we have it’s pretty easy to pick out players who could have helped

Reactions: cavalot
In your high school coaching do you conclude that previous year’s performance is what dictates next year or do you look at it as a fresh start every year?
depends

if you build momentum, win games and ride the wave into the offseason, the previous year's performance can absolutely dictate next year. look at the Lions.

if you shit yourself for a month, can't manage games and finish on an absolute low with a losing record, you do all you can to bleach the memory away as quickly as possible and act like it's a fresh start.

Reactions: cavalot
In your high school coaching do you conclude that previous year’s performance is what dictates next year or do you look at it as a fresh start every year?
Both. We were excellent this year and return a ton of talent. We will be excellent next year. With that said it is a fresh start and things can happen. We had great chemistry this year. Will that be the same next year? I believe so but again there are outside factors at play that sometimes are unpredictable.

We have had years where we were not very good, and we returned a lot of the same players and predictably we were better but still not great. We coached them up to the best of ours abilities and got the most out of what we had to work with.

Now with all of this said. We are not a Losing program. Losing is not engrained. So even when we are not very good we can manufacture 6-7 regular season wins.

Nebraska is a losing program. And until they rectify that with consistent winning seasons, one can predict that they will not be very good the following year. I think MR can change that. I think DR could possibly change that. But until then im going to be skeptical.

Both. We were excellent this year and return a ton of talent. We will be excellent next year. With that said it is a fresh start and things can happen. We had great chemistry this year. Will that be the same next year? I believe so but again there are outside factors at play that sometimes are unpredictable.

We have had years where we were not very good, and we returned a lot of the same players and predictably we were better but still not great. We coached them up to the best of ours abilities and got the most out of what we had to work with.

Now with all of this said. We are not a Losing program. Losing is not engrained. So even when we are not very good we can manufacture 6-7 regular season wins.

Nebraska is a losing program. And until they rectify that with consistent winning seasons, one can predict that they will not be very good the following year. I think MR can change that. I think DR could possibly change that. But until then im going to be skeptical.
Fair … I just think about the jump the players could make from playing young to having that experience and an extra year in the weight and nutrition we could see a solid jump. Additionally - if, and it’s a big IF, we can get turnovers to a manageable level I don’t see why a big jump shouldn’t happen and be expected to happen.

To Kong’s point bleach the end of the season or let it be the driver to not happen again and work their ass off to ensure it doesn’t. I think our staff is building the right culture in the building and we will see a legit step forward next year.

Fair … I just think about the jump the players could make from playing young to having that experience and an extra year in the weight and nutrition we could see a solid jump. Additionally - if, and it’s a big IF, we can get turnovers to a manageable level I don’t see why a big jump shouldn’t happen and be expected to happen.

To Kong’s point bleach the end of the season or let it be the driver to not happen again and work their ass off to ensure it doesn’t. I think our staff is building the right culture in the building and we will see a legit step forward next year.
I agree. These guys can make a jump. I think defensively we will be fantastic. We will build off of what we did this year and with experience should be very very good. 08 good? remains to be seen. And honestly with what I see on offense and most likely an inexperienced QB.... They will need to be 08 good to get to a bowl game.

To be perfectly honest. Nebraska football has beat me down. I have very little faith in the program right now. I want badly to be wrong. I thought we would win 8 this year. We should have. So to fall flat on our faces was once again sobering. Every year we look at potential and every year it disappoints.

Im simply at the "show me" stage now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT