ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Raiola film

He's had plenty of moments in the sun. I have seen first hand what this board can do with the expectations for any player... little lone the calibre of DR. All im saying is pull back on the reigns a bit. Not once did I say I didn't agree with the evaluators.
Maybe you should take your own advice on game day threads. You are usually one of the first posters to say it's over before the first quarter ends. Try showing patience first yourself

Hopefully, getting away from the designed QB runs / options will help us keep a QB upright.

The entire QB room was injured by the last couple games of the season, I think that Purdy was just the least injured of the bunch.

The time is now for uncle Donnie to show what he's got.
LOL. Maybe true. Coach up that OL to protect his nephew's body. Nepotism that I support!

Reactions: Mack In Motion
Maybe you should take your own advice on game day threads. You are usually one of the first posters to say it's over before the first quarter ends. Try showing patience first yourself
True. I have said that multiple times. Unfortunately its held true most of those games. Hasn't it?

Of all his strengths, you are very correct, his ability to run/avoid contsct is nearly non existent. We are watching HS film and he cannot escape. The play fake in the zone read means little. He is definitely a pro style, sit in the pocket kind of QB. Some in Husker nation will bring this up - I can hear it now, the statue, no threat with his legs, where is the option game, etc.
DK supposedly isn't much faster. Our offense was likely headed towards a pro-style qb anyway. Need the rb running game now, which I felt was always needed. Running a qb into the ground year after year just doesn't work.

Really, aren't you a coach.
Yes...And your point? My team doesn't suck or fail at nut check time. Not to say that we haven't lost games that I thought we should have won, but nothing like what we have witnessed from Nebraska over the last 7 years. If that's the point you were trying to make?

Anybody not notice the video was posted by a Georgia troll account? This attempted to show nothing but his lowlights and he still came out looking okay. DR is as polished a HS player as you're going to get.
And your point? I was simply showing that he is prone to mistakes against HS competition....There are some on here that believe that he will be the second coming. We've been down that road before.

• Haha
Reactions: Walleye79
Yes...And your point? My team doesn't suck or fail at nut check time. Not to say that we haven't lost games that I thought we should have won, but nothing like what we have witnessed from Nebraska over the last 7 years. If that's the point you were trying to make?
I love this. This is akin to

I run a 4.5 40 at 52
I bench 350
Married to a supermodel
CEO of a Fortune 500

Nothing says successful coach like lowered expectations.
Yes being realistic and recognizing that a true freshman may not be an all american his freshman year nor be a lottery pick in his sophomore year is lowering the expectations. LOL dude you are really reaching here.

Yes being realistic and recognizing that a true freshman may not be an all american his freshman year nor be a lottery pick in his sophomore year is lowering the expectations. LOL dude you are really reaching here.
can you quote the posts you're referencing here?

or are these figments of your imagination you're responding to?

Just calling a spade a spade.

My expectations have absolutely no bearing on any success Dylan Raiola nor the Nebraska football team may or may not have.

can you quote the posts you're referencing here?

or are these figments of your imagination you're responding to?
I have seen a couple references to him being here for two years and then going into the NFL as a high draft pick. That doesn't happen if you aren't an All American.

Who do you coach … would like to have game by game verification of the nut check claim.

Just calling a spade a spade.

My expectations have absolutely no bearing on any success Dylan Raiola nor the Nebraska football team may or may not have.
but spade a spade doesn't make sense... And yes unreal fan expectations can have a consequence on the success of a player and team. How the hell do you think NE got here in the first place?

• Haha
Reactions: Walleye79
I was just calling you out on your bragging.
What bragging? Saying that my teams don't display the same ability to consistently lose games like Nebraska has over the past 7 years? Shit 90% of coaches can say that. Thats not bragging, thats pointing out how pathetic we have been.

What bragging? Saying that my teams don't display the same ability to consistently lose games like Nebraska has over the past 7 years? Shit 90% of coaches can say that. Thats not bragging, thats pointing out how pathetic we have been.
But we get highest rated QB we have ever had. And you say lower expectations. Glad I didn't have high school coaches wanting to temper expectations.

Have you provided who your team is so we can all verify the nut check successes?
Comedy Sketch GIF by NETFLIX

But we get highest rated QB we have ever had. And you say lower expectations. Glad I didn't have high school coaches wanting to temper expectations.
You're right we should go all in. He will be an all American next year and lead us to a BIG 10 championship. He will be a starter from day 1, maybe Heisman ...yada yada yada.

There's a difference between having high expectations and being unrealistic. Nice try though.

My point, really. You're a coach but are quick to give up. I really need to explain this? Please tell me you don't coach around Papillon.

You're right we should go all in. He will be an all American next year and lead us to a BIG 10 championship. He will be a starter from day 1, maybe Heisman ...yada yada yada.

There's a difference between having high expectations and being unrealistic. Nice try though.
We get it. You know more than everyone else here because you are guarded in your predictions for DR.
The beauty of pump your brakes guy. If something does go south, "See I told ya, I is smart.". If it doesn't? Everyone is so pumped and excited that things went well, they don't remember you were the naysayer whiny bitch that is afraid to put themselves out there to be criticized.

Reactions: jimmykrackedkorn
My point, really. You're a coach but are quick to give up. I really need to explain this? Please tell me you don't coach around Papillon.
LOL. Give up? WTH are you rambling about. I didn't say anything about giving up. Geez

So which team do you pretend to be the coach of?

We get it. You know more than everyone else here because you are guarded in your predictions for DR.
The beauty of pump your brakes guy. If something does go south, "See I told ya, I is smart.". If it doesn't? Everyone is so pumped and excited that things went well, they don't remember you were the naysayer whiny bitch that is afraid to put themselves out there to be criticized.
LOL. You people are nuts. I say temper the expectations and it goes to ^^^This? LOL

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
but spade a spade doesn't make sense... And yes unreal fan expectations can have a consequence on the success of a player and team. How the hell do you think NE got here in the first place?
Now you're blaming unreal fan expectations for the horrible decisions made by the people in power. Wow dude. Better question is why do you feel the need to piss on people being excited. So what if a few are being unrealistic, happens in both sides.

We could end up with arguably the #1 player in the country, and flipping him from the defending champs. From the SEC no less, let people be excited.

I'd caution one thing here. The recievers he was throwing to his last couple of years are probably nearly as good as what he will throw to here. Chandler and Buford are football factories. Hopefully if he's N he can adjust to the speed of the game quickly and Doogie gets the WR room coached up. I love the potential we have there with Doss, Coleman, Lloyd and Fidone

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT