ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Raiola film

LOL. You people are nuts. I say temper the expectations and it goes to ^^^This? LOL
Seriously, why are you surprised? This is the best QB Nebraska has been in on since the Osborne era, maybe ever, and in the midst of peoples’ excitement, you come in and throw some cold water on peoples’ excitement. What did you expect? I’m surprised that this caught you off guard.

Seriously, why are you surprised? This is the best QB Nebraska has been in on since the Osborne era, maybe ever, and in the midst of peoples’ excitement, you come in and throw some cold water on peoples’ excitement. What did you expect? I’m surprised that this caught you off guard.
Im excited. I hope we get him. I hope he is everything that everyone wants and more. But because I said to temper the expectations people lost their minds. We have been down this road before with unreasonable expectations. That's all Im saying.

Im excited. I hope we get him. I hope he is everything that everyone wants and more. But because I said to temper the expectations people lost their minds. We have been down this road before with unreasonable expectations. That's all Im saying.
I get it, and don’t disagree. He could come in and light it up or have freshman growing pains. But the response from this board shouldn’t be surprising.

He could come in and light it up or have freshman growing pains.
I would expect to see both (obviously).

his arm talent is something we've never seen in Scarlet & Cream. that fact is not debatable.

I also agree that talent begets talent, like winning begets winning.

it is not an exaggeration to say landing Raiola would be the biggest recruiting win in the history of Nebraska Football.

A better video.

And for those saying little to no mobility/escapability? Wtf?

Does Raiola watch a little too much Patrick Mahomes? Yeah but what kid doesn't? Like saying too many basketball players imitated MJ when I was a kid.
JFC. What a highlight reel for 1 season. One of the throws at the start where he is on the move and throws an absolute dime is amazing. He stands in and takes the pressure too. I really like that.

I would expect to see both (obviously).

his arm talent is something we've never seen in Scarlet & Cream. that fact is not debatable.

I also agree that talent begets talent, like winning begets winning.

it is not an exaggeration to say landing Raiola would be the biggest recruiting win in the history of Nebraska Football.
And Rhule needs to immediately capitalize with recruiting. Bo whiffed after Suh and Frost never hit it big when he was a big deal. Rhule needs to change that.

eh, yeah it did. Saw it a couple times. But maybe like 'hesitation cuts' kinda thing. They were serious but maybe not completely serious. Read every text thread between mid-September and mid-October and you'll see I'm right...
Oh, so you say something completely nonsensical but I'm supposed be the one to disprove it by re-reading every thread between mid-September and mid-October? Gotcha. Thanks for confirming you made it up.

10-2? I know your joking right?
10-2 is doable. But as a coach you already know your win/loss record next year … right?

I really don’t get why people act like we couldn’t hit 10 wins, other than historical performance. As it stands now, I see one game that I would say is highly likely to be a loss and that’s Ohio St. I see 8 games we will be favored right now and 3 toss ups. 10-2 is doable and Matt Rhule isn’t throwing in the towel, he and staff are busting ass to make it so.

Last edited:
Geezus. Of course this kid is going to have growing pains. Patrick Mahomes wasn't 12-0 for four years strait. So, I am certainly not saying that he won't have growing pains, @cavalot . That being said, this kid is not going to be a Spencer Rattler as someone suggested. Imo...barring injury, and just NORMAL progression you would expect from experience, DR has the potential to be the best we have ever seen at NU.

You seem to be in the camp that we would have been better off with the safer bet of McCord and DK. That's fine. I wholeheartedly disagree with you, but you have a right to your opinion.

Talent-wise, this kid is better than anyone we have here now....or anyone that would have potentially transferred in...
and that's my opinion.

10-2? I know your joking right?
Half joking. We hit 8 guaranteed with him starting. 10 is attainable, because he's gonna have a top 10 defense to back him up. We have a solid ground game that is going to have a lot less defenders in the box and we already have the receivers to take the top out.

I'm a run the damn ball guy. And we will still need to run the ball. I scoff at coordinators who come in here and decide to pass it over 40 percent of the time. I never thought we would have an opportunity at a QB like DR. With him I won't blink if it's 50/50

Reactions: HuskerDana
His tape sort of reminds me of a slower/less allusive Spencer Rattler coming out if high school. Big arm, likes to chuck it way down field, can make all the throws but probably needs to fine tune the decision making just a bit.
What is "allusive"? Like, he does not allude to things as much as Spencer Rattler? I don't know that I'm familiar with these allusions, or how they are measured. Who would be an example of a very allusive quarterback?

• Haha
Half joking. We hit 8 guaranteed with him starting. 10 is attainable, because he's gonna have a top 10 defense to back him up. We have a solid ground game that is going to have a lot less defenders in the box and we already have the receivers to take the top out.

I'm a run the damn ball guy. And we will still need to run the ball. I scoff at coordinators who come in here and decide to pass it over 40 percent of the time. I never thought we would have an opportunity at a QB like DR. With him I won't blink if it's 50/50
At least for the first portion of the meat of the schedule, I would certainly expect the staff to really rely heavily on the run. While DR is still getting his feet wet, his arm alone opens up the run game, though.

I love HH because of the grit and heart that kid has. That's what made him a leader. He just doesn'thave....nor will he ever have the tools that DR has. DR completely changes how you have to prepare defensively....even early on.

I am certainly not going to put out a bold prediction on record next year. I still think that EVEN LAST year, if this kid was behind center, NU would have had 7-8 wins instead of five.

Last edited:
Temper the expectations people. He has a powerful arm.
I have seen a couple references to him being here for two years and then going into the NFL as a high draft pick. That doesn't happen if you aren't an All American.

Which All American teams did Anthony Richardson make last year on his way to being a top 5 pick?

Would be more interesting to see a real breakdown than just a few highlights
Most of us don’t know much evaluating QBs. Multiple national guys who I think do know, say he’s a huge talent. The one thing that is really tough to evaluate from high school video is the decision making and ability to read defenses. His dad had a ver high football IQ. Let’s hope Dylan inherited some of that.

And your point? I was simply showing that he is prone to mistakes against HS competition....There are some on here that believe that he will be the second coming. We've been down that road before.

Saying a kid that had 34 TD to 1 INT his Senior year of HS “is prone to mistakes against HS competition”, is certainly……..interesting.

Saying a kid that had 34 TD to 1 INT his Senior year of HS “is prone to mistakes against HS competition”, is certainly……..interesting.
Cavalots QB had 40 TD’s and 90% completion with 1 pick - which hit off the receiver’s numbers and bounced in the air only to be picked off. Of course that was when they were up 35-0 - could have never happened when the game was on the line because they don’t make mistakes. They play really good football there.

I don't disagree with you about getting too overly excited about hs film. I usually don't. Having to study film in the past (granted, from the defensive perspective), this kid is eye-popping, though. The kind of talent he has is flat out ridiculous.

I will admit, I didn't necessarily look up or study a lot of other top qb recruits. I kind of check some of it a bit. The only reason I looked harder irt DR is because he was potentially coming to NU....or we at least had a shot.

I'll eat my words and never post again if he is not what I am saying he is. I really think this kid is going to be something we never imagined we'd see here at NU. He can make EVERY SINGLE throw, straight out of hs.

Someone else here said that if he is at NU for three years, he will break every single record irt to passing. The only thing I'll disagree with is that....I think he'll shatter those records.

I hate sounding like I am this kid's hype machine....or a close family member, but he is an extremely rare talent, imo.
With the new clock rules and how deliberate our offense is it might be tough to break records for yardage.

Of all his strengths, you are very correct, his ability to run/avoid contsct is nearly non existent. We are watching HS film and he cannot escape. The play fake in the zone read means little. He is definitely a pro style, sit in the pocket kind of QB. Some in Husker nation will bring this up - I can hear it now, the statue, no threat with his legs, where is the option game, etc.
He’s 6-2 and 235 lbs as an 18 year old. I don’t think he has to be super elusive. He’ll figure things out.

Reactions: BleedRed78
He's had plenty of moments in the sun. I have seen first hand what this board can do with the expectations for any player... little lone the calibre of DR. All im saying is pull back on the reigns a bit. Not once did I say I didn't agree with the evaluators.
They’re never a finished product. It’s a big jump from high school to the P5

Bo whiffed AFTER Suh. Meaning he didn't capitalize recruiting wise on Suh's mega giant huge year he had PLAYING UNDER BO.

images

I didn't know David played DT 🤔

Bo recruited unevenly, is the point. Nebraska's DL by 2011 wasn't very good and guys like Baker Steinkuhler and Cam Meredith were being played out of position. Bo did get Collins, Valentine and Gregory, but by that time there were no more Lavonte Davids on the second level and THAT part of the D struggled. Etc.

Reactions: RedMyMind
I like our young WR core with Fidone, but can you imagine what adding an experienced good WR from the portal this offseason would do for this offense with Railoa ? We could be a pretty damn good offense starting next year ..

Do you have the capacity to ever get excited again?

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT