ADVERTISEMENT

Does Iowa win today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It actually does not bother anybody that the Huskers have several National Titles. What does bother folks is how the fans treated others back in the "glory days" (see the above link). Now that Nebraska sucks, it makes them an easy target. Karma has a strange way of working.

If Nebraska ever makes it back on top of the heap, which you very well may, you now have 20 years of being the "shitty team" under your belt and hopefully there will be a bit more empathy.

and here’s the funny part. You see commentators, news write ups, posts on tweeter, threads on Facebook and so on about other fan bases bragging about how great the Husker fan base is. How well they treat other fan bases and so on...but yet your here trying to claim we treated other fans bad??? Sorry...I don’t believe you one bit. There is a reason why guys like Kirk Herbstreit and other college football guys call the Husker fans the “Best fans in college football”.

And sorry, 20 years of being shitty? Bo Pelini averaged 9-10 wins a season and he was here just under a decade (7 years or so). If he was an Iowa head coach you guys would have made him a statue and he’d gotten a huge raise. I do agree, Huskers have been down though. But not quite like your make it out to be.

Last edited:
Lol. We really have no room to talk. But carry on

All he’s doing is making a prediction on how Iowa will do with little baby Ferentz at helm. Just because are Huskers have struggled doesn’t mean he can’t make this prediction. And he’s dead on, even Iowa fans I talked to know they are in trouble when little Ferentz takes over.

and here’s the funny part. You see commentators, news write ups, posts on tweeter, threads on Facebook and so on about other fan bases bragging about how great the Husker fan base is. How well they treat other fan bases and so on...but yet your here trying to claim we treated other fans bad??? Sorry...I don’t believe you one bit.

Most of those conclusions were made back when you had a good team. It is easy to be nice when you are winning. Fast forward to the last 20 years and much has changed. During the Osborn era who would have ever thought that the fans would have boo'ed many players and coaches during a game? Who would have ever thought that droves of fans would leave before a game was over? Who would have guessed that the student section empties the fastest. Who would have guessed that there would be thousands of empty seats at every home game (I know, I know all about the sellout streak and the donors that buy up unsold tickets) Hell, at the last Iowa Game, the balloons didn't even want to fly right! It is hard to fathom, but this may be the new "normal" and the whole "greatest fan" moniker is probably gone.

It actually does not bother anybody that the Huskers have several National Titles. What does bother folks is how the fans treated others back in the "glory days" (see the above link). Now that Nebraska sucks, it makes them an easy target. Karma has a strange way of working.

If Nebraska ever makes it back on top of the heap, which you very well may, you now have 20 years of being the "shitty team" under your belt and hopefully there will be a bit more empathy.
There's no such thing as karma. It's fun to be on top and Nebraska fans never had a monopoly on being douche bags. So get over your hurt feelings and enjoy your 3 or 4 loss season. When is the parade?

Nnebraska has been shitty for a long time now but I bet their record is just about as shitty as Iowa's last two decades of greatness.

Most of those conclusions were made back when you had a good team. It is easy to be nice when you are winning. Fast forward to the last 20 years and much has changed. During the Osborn era who would have ever thought that the fans would have boo'ed many players and coaches during a game? Who would have ever thought that droves of fans would leave before a game was over? Who would have guessed that the student section empties the fastest. Who would have guessed that there would be thousands of empty seats at every home game (I know, I know all about the sellout streak and the donors that buy up unsold tickets) Hell, at the last Iowa Game, the balloons didn't even want to fly right! It is hard to fathom, but this may be the new "normal" and the whole "greatest fan" moniker is probably gone.

keep trying, keep on trying. Maybe you will even believe yourself if you keep saying it enough times.

Reactions: headcard
Well, this thread went according to the script.

What was the original question? Oh, ya, I will pull for Iowa and any other B1G team. It just looks better for us overall to say we got beat by a team with a pulse.

Honestly, I don't understand any of this. Humility is in order, Iowa owns us lately and there is no way to sugar coat it. We "almost" did a lot of things but winning wasn't one of those.

Everyone is forced to go to google to back up their argument, lovely. My memory works well enough to tell me what we have done the last few years. Yes, they live in many Husker heads but you don't want to admit that.

What was the original question? Oh, ya, I will pull for Iowa and any other B1G team. It just looks better for us overall to say we got beat by a team with a pulse.

Honestly, I don't understand any of this. Humility is in order, Iowa owns us lately and there is no way to sugar coat it. We "almost" did a lot of things but winning wasn't one of those.

Everyone is forced to go to google to back up their argument, lovely. My memory works well enough to tell me what we have done the last few years. Yes, they live in many Husker heads but you don't want to admit that.

and Husker football lives in Iowa fans heads too. Two way door. No offense, I’ll go ahead and side with my Husker fans. I’ll NEVER side with an Iowa fan trashing my Huskers. The day that happens, that’s the day I give up football forever.

and my bad my man, how dare I bring facts into the thread. Heaven for bid I do that...no offense bro, you need to take that TruHusker part off your name and change it to something else. No TruHusker fan ever backs an Iowa fan that comes onto a Husker message board and starts trashing the Huskers and their fan base. That says a lot about you my friend. I could care less if they won the last several games or not, you don’t come to Husker board and trash the Huskers and their fans and it be ok...

Last edited:

Pathetic, defeatist, troll pandering post on your part - all of it.

That aside, there's no way to gloss over a 5-7 record because one of the teams you lost to wins its bowl game.

Pathetic, defeatist, troll pandering post on your part - all of it.

That aside, there's no way to gloss over a 5-7 record because one of the teams you lost to wins its bowl game.

Exactly! If Iowa beats USC (and I hope they don’t), I suspect none of the stories written about the game will allude to Nebraska’s season not being so bad after all.

and Husker football lives in Iowa fans heads too. Two way door. No offense, I’ll go ahead and side with my Husker fans. I’ll NEVER side with an Iowa fan trashing my Huskers. The day that happens, that’s the day I give up football forever.

and my bad my man, how dare I bring facts into the thread. Heaven for bid I do that...no offense bro, you need to take that TruHusker part off your name and change it to something else. No TruHusker fan ever backs an Iowa fan that comes onto a Husker message board and starts trashing the Huskers and their fan base. That says a lot about you my friend. I could care less if they won the last several games or not, you don’t come to Husker board and trash the Huskers and their fans and it be ok...

Just win the game, not the argument. Try that one on. Where was I backing an Iowa fan? They won, we lost, last I looked that was reality. We have to get a lot better as a team and coaches, planning for the other team to get worse is a losers mentality. I want a better, tougher, more disciplined Husker team, not one that we keep hoping will get better as we bring back the same arguments from last year. Keep up the name calling, doesn't bother me, I just consider the source. Your favorite is to call others an Iowa troll. Interesting, who is in who's head? Have a blessed day.

Iowa sucks.

That is all.

Just win the game, not the argument. Try that one on. Where was I backing an Iowa fan? They won, we lost, last I looked that was reality. We have to get a lot better as a team and coaches, planning for the other team to get worse is a losers mentality. I want a better, tougher, more disciplined Husker team, not one that we keep hoping will get better as we bring back the same arguments from last year. Keep up the name calling, doesn't bother me, I just consider the source. Your favorite is to call others an Iowa troll. Interesting, who is in who's head? Have a blessed day.

We both want the same thing. Biggest difference between you and I is I’ll never back an Iowa fan trashing our Huskers on a Husker board. And don’t give me the who has who in who’s head more crap. Both teams have the other in each ones head. You go to Iowa’s board and they do the same thing our Huskers do on our board. And there was no name calling, I just said you need to change that TruHusker tag you wear. No true Husker fans backs an Iowa fan trashing our team on our board. Simple as that. Nothin more and nothing less.

Last edited:
Just wish we can make a bowl, throwing stones in glass houses.

I am pretty sure that’s going to be a thing of the past starting next year. Hell this year we barely missed it. I don’t see it happening again. Not when Frost is bringing in Top 15-18 Recruiting classes back to back to back times. Even an average coach can win 8-9 games with talent like that and Frost at the very least is that.

Nebraska is Iowa’s Super Bowl. They beat Scott by a total of 6 points. Huskers should of won a few weeks ago if the last drive didn’t get so f’ed up by the staff.
They had scoring drives of 1 play, 2 plays, and went 76 yds in 19 secs, and allowed us to rack up 16 yds in the 4Q...if they didn’t snooze the the 3rd quarter that thing would have been a blood letting. Revisionist history is chronic for some of our posters

They had scoring drives of 1 play, 2 plays, and went 76 yds in 19 secs, and allowed us to rack up 16 yds in the 4Q...if they didn’t snooze the the 3rd quarter that thing would have been a blood letting. Revisionist history is chronic for some of our posters

If they didn’t “SNOOZE”? Give me a F_cking break with that comment. The Husker defense absolutely shut their offense down for awhile there. Iowa has two drives that had big plays and that didn’t happen again all game long. Iowa didn’t SNOOZE, the Huskers just woke up. The Huskers EARNED what we got in that game. Iowa didn’t let anything. Hell I could say the same dam thing but put the Huskers in their. If the Huskers wouldn’t have allowed that Kick off for a TD Iowa loses, if the Huskers didn’t shoot them selves in the foot the final drive Iowa loses and so on...that’s literally a two way door. No matter how badly Iowa fans wanted that game to be a blow out, it wasn’t. It was another last second FG win by Iowa while Frost rebuilds the Huskers. Just wait till Frost has them rebuilt...bad things coming for Iowa.

Last edited:
If they didn’t “SNOOZE”? Give me a F_cking break with that comment. The Husker defense absolutely shut their offense down for awhile there. Iowa has two drives that had big plays and that didn’t happen again all game long. Iowa didn’t SNOOZE, the Huskers just woke up. The Huskers EARNED what we got in that game. Iowa didn’t let anything. Hell I could say the same dam thing but put the Huskers in their. If the Huskers wouldn’t have allowed that Kick off for a TD Iowa loses, if the Huskers didn’t shoot them selves in the foot the final drive Iowa loses and so on...that’s literally a two way door. No matter how badly Iowa fans wanted that game to be a blow out, it wasn’t. It was another last second FG win by Iowa while Frost rebuilds the Huskers. Just wait till Frost has them rebuilt...bad things coming for Iowa.
And if we didn’t have a gift thrown to us we lose it right back. Iowa had 7 plays in the 3rd, we benefited from a running into a kicker penalty, great field position, missed face mask, having lineman down field on McCafferys td pass, and totally had fpossesion as we inches down field. All of this led to Iowa’s 3q ineptitude...and the closeness of the game

I don’t get what some watch. We could of won if we could have thrown a punch in the 1st, 4th ind much of the 2nd. They were better than us last year and 3 points was fortunate.

no doubt. Bo Pelini average 9-10 wins a season which tops Kirk Ferentz. Iowa would build Bo a statue (which I said above) and Bo would be the highest paid coach in the country.
Bo Pelini also called Nebraska fans fair weather and losers lol

And if we didn’t have a gift thrown to us we lose it right back. Iowa had 7 plays in the 3rd, we benefited from a running into a kicker penalty, great field position, missed face mask, having lineman down field on McCafferys td pass, and totally had fpossesion as we inches down field. All of this led to Iowa’s 3q ineptitude...and the closeness of the game

I don’t get what some watch. We could of won if we could have thrown a punch in the 1st, 4th ind much of the 2nd. They were better than us last year and 3 points was fortunate.

what ever you think my man. Iowa with a coaching staff that’s been in place for 20 years and has all that talent...AJ Epenesa, Nate Stanley, T Wirfs, A Jackson, N Fant, another 1st round TE and players like that on their team the past 2 years while the Huskers supposedly suck and both years Iowa barely escaped with last second FGs......it wasn’t a 14-30 point wins. They won with last second Field goals back to back years....there’s nothing more to say. GBR

Only to you and you clearly aren’t a very stable individual anyway.

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
what ever you think my man. Iowa with a coaching staff that’s been in place for 20 years and has all that talent...AJ Epenesa, Nate Stanley, T Wirfs, A Jackson, N Fant, another 1st round TE and players like that on their team the past 2 years while the Huskers supposedly suck and both years Iowa barely escaped with last second FGs......it wasn’t a 14-30 point wins. They won with last second Field goals back to back years....there’s nothing more to say. GBR
Except they won. Everything else is hope and rationalization.

Nebraska will better, Iowa isn’t going away.

Actually, iowa will lose their qb,three year starting senior, that will hurt them, thats just, well, reality.
I'm sure no one planned it that way other than iowa.
They squeaked one out, we lost. I saw a team improve towards the end of the year, this coming year, no reason to think we won't be better.
It's where we were heading, not where we were, that's reality.

Except they won. Everything else is hope and rationalization.

Nebraska will better, Iowa isn’t going away.

I never said they didn’t. I just didn’t make it sound like they blew us out and we where that lucky to be that close of game. Hell we could have won both games. That’s my only point. And I disagree, when Kirk son takes over...Iowa WILL disappear.

Last edited:

Dont forget the two play that the Huskers made for 14 pts...a pick six and a trick play with a backup QB. That changed the game as well.

I think it would be fun for some of us fans to actually get together, in a friendly manner, have few beers and discuss football. Heck we can talk all sports.

I don’t post a lot (obviously), but I would like to meet some of you. I have had many conversations with Husker fans and we all had fun and respected each other. Yes I am a Hawkeye fan, all the way, but I try to be respectful to others. Sitting behind a screen is much different than live interaction.

Lastly, I actually have a son that goes to UNL.

Peace.

Sorry man, Bo just had to call a spade a spade
Yea, he's teaching his young kids to hate too. But thats all good right?
I'll take our fans thanx. When KF tells iowans you don't get or need a spring game, you roll over like punks.
I hope KF never again has a spring game, iowa fans don't deserve, so,I guess KF is just callin a spade a spade

You iowa fans always complaining about our attitudes, our expectations?
Just try to have a coach suspend a spring game here.
Thats the difference between you and us, you just don't get it, nor deserve, and, have never had it.

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
When big red came into big 10, i rooted for all big 10 teams during bowl season, now hope ohio st wins, hope ill wins, hope mich wins, hope mich st wins, hope penn st wins, be cool if minn wins. As far as iowa and wisc, hope you get your brains kicked in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT