ADVERTISEMENT

Does Iowa win today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you memba the last 6 times that Iowa played Nebraska? Asking for a friend......

So what? Good for Iowa for beating some bad Husker teams under Mike Riley...big deal. All that tells me is the Huskers should have never hired Riley. Come back talk to me when Iowa owns the series that the Huskers lead 29-18...again that’s 29-18 Huskers and that’s with Iowa winning the last several games in a row.

So what? Good for Iowa for beating some bad Husker teams under Mike Riley...big deal. All that tells me is the Huskers should have never hired Riley. Come back talk to me when Iowa owns the series that the Huskers lead 29-18...again that’s 29-18 Huskers and that’s with Iowa winning the last several games in a row.
Nebraska is Iowa’s Super Bowl. They beat Scott by a total of 6 points. Huskers should of won a few weeks ago if the last drive didn’t get so f’ed up by the staff.

USC stomps Iowa into a mud hole. Ferentz will try hard to make this game very boring by not snapping the ball till the play clock is under 10 seconds from the first snap till the last snap and they will try and protect their defense with their offense. But it will be all for nothing....Iowa won’t be able to handle those Trojan WRs and USC offense. M. Pittman, A. St Brown and T. Vaughn are about to go off in Iowa’s weak DBs...USC stomps Iowa...

Last edited:
I hope so & I think they will. Kind of easily actually.

USC is one of my top 5 hated programs. I’ll be rooting for ISU to stomp ND tomorrow as well.

I’ll say Iowa wins by 2 td’s. They’re the better team & Kirk will want to win this game for Fry.
Not by 2 tds, maybe not at all.

I suppose that I would prefer to live in the past also. The further back you look, the better the view. Enjoy the Holiday Bowl!

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
I suppose that I would prefer to live in the past also. The further back you look, the better the view. Enjoy the Holiday Bowl!

that’s literally a two way door. Neither team has done a dam thing and isn’t relevant. And I will, I’ll absolutely enjoy watching UCS blast Iowa out of the waters...M. Pittman, St Brown and T Vaughn are about to go off on your defense...

Regardless of the result of the game, dozens of people will be in attendance with dozens more watching from home....surely on the edge of their seats.

When Ferentz retires he won't be able to give his kids a Rose Bowl or outright conference championship ring, but they're all getting a Holiday Bowl t-shirt and a tape deck version of Frank Sinatra's My Way.

Nebraska is Iowa’s Super Bowl. They beat Scott by a total of 6 points. Huskers should of won a few weeks ago if the last drive didn’t get so f’ed up by the staff.

Would'a, could'a, shoud'a! Huskers should have won every game if it weren't for turnovers, bad coaching, penalties, bad coaching, poor linemen, poor coaching, bad passing, poor coaching, bad running, poor coaching, bad defense, poor coaching. Just read the forums........

Would'a, could'a, shoud'a! Huskers should have won every game if it weren't for turnovers, bad coaching, penalties, bad coaching, poor linemen, poor coaching, bad passing, poor coaching, bad running, poor coaching, bad defense, poor coaching. Just read the forums........

And with all that Iowa barely wins with a last second FG. As bad as that Husker team is...Iowa barely escaped with wins last year and this year...what’s that tell you? Yep...as bad as the Huskers are, Iowa is right there with them. ;)

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
What did your boyfriend get you for Christmas? 1958 Title shirt?

again, I didn’t see anyone mention those times. So what warrants that comment? It was way out of left field and had no merit in this thread...neither does that link. But I do get it, Iowa hates they can’t compete with the Huskers here. Iowa doesn’t own one single out right National Title. NOT ONE and it kills Iowa that Huskers own several...;)

Iowa is so boring and predictable, they must be the team least susceptible to the unpredictability of bowl season. They'll show up and do what they usually do. It'll be a close game. If they win they'll celebrate another championship (in their minds). If they lose they'll all be proud of their team for really hanging close. Rinse and repeat.

Iowa is so boring and predictable, they must be the team least susceptible to the unpredictability of bowl season. They'll show up and do what they usually do. It'll be a close game. If they win they'll celebrate another championship (in their minds). If they lose they'll all be proud of their team for really hanging close. Rinse and repeat.

that’s why they run the offense they do. Ferentz plays scared. He plays his offense to protect his defense. Dudes lost it, he doesn’t have that killer instinct and that’s exactly why Iowa will remain a 7-8 win team over the next decade. Once Wirfs, Nate Stanley, AJ Epenesa and a Jackson are gone...Iowa is in trouble.

No, I have USC picked in my bowl pool...I figure they have good athletes, and the holiday bowl is closer to USC. plus I would feel worst if I picked iowa and they lost

Reactions: huskerssalts
that’s why they run the offense they do. Ferentz plays scared. He plays his offense to protect his defense. Dudes lost it, he doesn’t have that killer instinct and that’s exactly why Iowa will remain a 7-8 win team over the next decade. Once Wirfs, Nate Stanley, AJ Epenesa and a Jackson are gone...Iowa is in trouble.
I don't think I'd say "scared" is the right word. It's his plan and it works for what he wants. It's just never going be top 5 quality.

again, I didn’t see anyone mention those times. So what warrants that comment? It was way out of left field and had no merit in this thread...neither does that link. But I do get it, Iowa hates they can’t compete with the Huskers here. Iowa doesn’t own one single out right National Title. NOT ONE and it kills Iowa that Huskers own several...;)

It actually does not bother anybody that the Huskers have several National Titles. What does bother folks is how the fans treated others back in the "glory days" (see the above link). Now that Nebraska sucks, it makes them an easy target. Karma has a strange way of working.

If Nebraska ever makes it back on top of the heap, which you very well may, you now have 20 years of being the "shitty team" under your belt and hopefully there will be a bit more empathy.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT