ADVERTISEMENT

Does anybody really care...

Don't really care who wins. Just looking forward to seeing the best of the best slug it out.

Plus it's a nice preview of the NFL draft. Cam Robinson was a beast last year, and should be on everyone's radar.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigboxes
College football is my favorite sport. So, if it's a matchup of #1/#2 for the championship, hell yeah I'm interested! Wish it was a school from the Big Ten, but that doesn't mean I don't care. Kinda rooting against Saban. It's no fun when one team/conference wins all the time (except for NU, of course).

Dabo is a darn good young football coach and I wish we have someone like that in the not to far future.

Reactions: otismotis08
Other than the southeast portion of the United States . I dislike both teams !m!
I would think that any fan wanting their team to win an NC would want to watch the game pitting the 2 best teams against each other. If, for no other reason, than to see how they measure up against the best.

Good game 24-21 Tide inn 4th. The only bad part is watching Saban bitch about wanting a penalty called every single play. The refs are having none of it.

the pick, maybe. the back shoulder sideline throws, no f'n way.

Pick/rub plays give Clemson and the refs a national championship. What a screwjob.

Watch the replay. The Bama DB threw the WR down within a yard of the LOS. No penalty should be called.

And if anybody should butch about no calls, it's Clemson. Obvious miss targeting call (possibly 2 of them) and a ridiculous hold on Bamas first TD.

Reactions: GRHusker
If you guys think that last TD was a penalty, you need to watch the replay. That was executed perfectly. #3 on the outside is getting contact from the CB on him, never touches the other corner

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Watch the replay. The Bama DB threw the WR down within a yard of the LOS. No penalty should be called.

And if anybody should butch about no calls, it's Clemson. Obvious miss targeting call (possibly 2 of them) and a ridiculous hold on Bamas first TD.

They got 14 points on illegal pick plays.

Incredible football game...one of the best 5 minutes in a National Championship I've ever seen.

There is a difference between legal and illegal pick plays. The rule says that 'the crossing receiver cannot purposely impede the progress of the defensive player.'

If it isn't completely evident that the WR was there to block the DB. Is that the play design? Yes. But it isn't illegal unless he does nothing but block the DB.

Reactions: dinglefritz
''What you want to look for, is it truly a situation where the offensive player prohibits the defender from making a play?'' NCAA coordinator of officials Rogers Redding said on Sunday. ''It's got to be obvious and the rules even says, `an obvious intent to impede.'"

Apparently Deshaun doesn't know the rule on a pick play either

the only penalty that should have been called on the last play was holding on Alabama.

Watson said it was a pick play.

It can be a pick play and not illegal. An actual ref said both plays were legal. The intent of being a pick is not illegal, the action of who made contact first is what makes it illegal. He has a nice write up on offensive PI here: .

So it doesn't matter if Watson said it was a pick play or not.

Reactions: GRHusker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT