ADVERTISEMENT

Do you feel better or worse?

Then your some Tom guy who still holds a grudge against Shawn. Either way get over it! Our team looks lightyears better then anything we've seen in years. We play hard and fast and how can you bitch about that. No pre snap penalties and we won the turnover battle??? Smile much???
If you read more of my posts, which are on RSS and not here, you'd see how complimentary I am of the team. I don't give a sh#t about Osborne or Eichorst either. If you can't handle another guy's opinion on what he sees out there and the fact that I'm not happy with the current product then grow some thicker skin. I'd just like to thank God we didn't have any pre-snap penalties though. The 10-15 yard holding and unsportsmanlike penalties are completely fine but God forbid we get a false start lol. You're unreal. I wish I lived in your world of sunshine, rainbows, and unicorns.

If you read more of my posts, which are on RSS and not here, you'd see how complimentary I am of the team. I don't give a sh#t about Osborne or Eichorst either. If you can't handle another guy's opinion on what he sees out there and the fact that I'm not happy with the current product then grow some thicker skin. I'd just like to thank God we didn't have any pre-snap penalties though. The 10-15 yard holding and unsportsmanlike penalties are completely fine but God forbid we get a false start lol. You're unreal. I wish I lived in your world of sunshine, rainbows, and unicorns.
Most of what I've seen from the personal foul penalties through two games have been that they're bogus.

We have a run stuffing D backed up by a veteran secondary making plays on the ball. A secondary who has a coach for the safeties and a different coach for the corners, both of whom are emphasizing take aways.

Defense is the least of my worries so far.

Offensively we have shown we can run and we have shown we can pass. The backs are running with conviction. When the O doesn't make mistakes it has looked pretty good. It has the potential to be explosive, especially if they can achieve that run/pass balance the coaches want so bad. Somewhat of a mixed bag, but there is a lot to like there.

The two big problems so far have been the punt teams and the penalties (specifically PF penalties). I am hopeful the punter will settle in. He is a true frosh after all in extraordinary circumstances.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Now if that's the way refs in college football are gonna call things then we do need to adjust.

We have a run stuffing D backed up by a veteran secondary making plays on the ball. A secondary who has a coach for the safeties and a different coach for the corners, both of whom are emphasizing take aways.

Defense is the least of my worries so far.

Offensively we have shown we can run and we have shown we can pass. The backs are running with conviction. When the O doesn't make mistakes it has looked pretty good. It has the potential to be explosive, especially if they can achieve that run/pass balance the coaches want so bad. Somewhat of a mixed bag, but there is a lot to like there.

The two big problems so far have been the punt teams and the penalties (specifically PF penalties). I am hopeful the punter will settle in. He is a true frosh after all in extraordinary circumstances.

Special teams play is a very legitimate concern.

Most of what I've seen from the personal foul penalties through two games have been that they're bogus.
Absolutely not. Gerry is a senior and mocks the quarterback by handing him the ball after picking him off. Then he embarrasses himself in the presser and says he thought he was handing it to the ref. You have our best OL Nick Gates blowing people up like 3 seconds after the whistle blows. He did the same thing last week and never got called. We're either stupid or dirty and sometimes probably both. The game is changing and if our players aren't smart enough to NOT have these kinds of penalties then they shouldn't play. It's really become pretty embarrassing as a fan.

Absolutely not. Gerry is a senior and mocks the quarterback by handing him the ball after picking him off. Then he embarrasses himself in the presser and says he thought he was handing it to the ref. You have our best OL Nick Gates blowing people up like 3 seconds after the whistle blows. He did the same thing last week and never got called. We're either stupid or dirty and sometimes probably both. The game is changing and if our players aren't smart enough to NOT have these kinds of penalties then they shouldn't play. It's really become pretty embarrassing as a fan.
You gonna be really pissed when we beat Oregon next week. Gerry should hand you the ball for that one. So do you think it was stupid for their quarterback to then pelt Gerry in the back with the ball???

Reactions: leodisflowers
If you read more of my posts, which are on RSS and not here, you'd see how complimentary I am of the team.
Well, I don't read RSS, but I'm guessing what you consider complimentary and what most people consider complimentary aren't the same thing. Either that, or you act one way on there and another on here, because I haven't seen you write anything remotely complimentary.

Well, I don't read RSS, but I'm guessing what you consider complimentary and what most people consider complimentary aren't the same thing. Either that, or you act one way on there and another on here, because I haven't seen you write anything remotely complimentary.
RSS probably ran him off. There are 50 posters on RSS that agree with 99% of what I say. Let's put it like this I totally blend in on RSS.

You gonna be really pissed when we beat Oregon next week. Gerry should hand you the ball for that one. So do you think it was stupid for their quarterback to then pelt Gerry in the back with the ball???
I wouldn't be surprised if we beat Oregon. I really hope we do. I also wouldn't be surprised if Oregon WRs ran freely past Gerry on easy TDs then threw him the ball. That scenario would be just as likely based on what I saw today. Should the QB have thrown the ball back at Gerry after he was stupid and handed him the ball? Absolutely not. The ref could have called a penalty on him as well. However, maybe the refs got tired of calling offsetting personal foul penalties over something Nebraska started means it happened on the first drive of the game.

RSS probably ran him off. There are 50 posters on RSS that agree with 99% of what I say. Let's put it like this I totally blend in on RSS.
lol And I'm sure the other 10,000 members think you have no idea what you're talking about. I could make a thread on RSS right now on how excited I am about this team and how many big games we're going to win and have 250 likes before you made your morning coffee. Unlike you, however, I could care less about what people think of my opinions. Definitely am not "ran off of RSS." Pretty well-respected actually and have been active on RSS for 12+ years.

I wouldn't be surprised if we beat Oregon. I really hope we do. I also wouldn't be surprised if Oregon WRs ran freely past Gerry on easy TDs then threw him the ball. That scenario would be just as likely based on what I saw today. Should the QB have thrown the ball back at Gerry after he was stupid and handed him the ball? Absolutely not. The ref could have called a penalty on him as well. However, maybe the refs got tired of calling offsetting personal foul penalties over something Nebraska started means it happened on the first drive of the game.

You've got to be one of the most passive aggressive anti Eichorst posters I've ever seen. And that's saying alot. It's really obviously you have a huge hard-on for destroying everything Shawn Eichorst. The anger is just flowing from your posts.

lol And I'm sure the other 10,000 members think you have no idea what you're talking about. I could make a thread on RSS right now on how excited I am about this team and how many big games we're going to win and have 250 likes before you made your morning coffee. Unlike you, however, I could care less about what people think of my opinions. Definitely am not "ran off of RSS." Pretty well-respected actually and have been active on RSS for 12+ years.

You mean like Louisiana Husker and Sam I am???

Your guy's days are over on HOL. I literally kicked Louisiana Husker in the teeth a few days ago and I didn't get bant...

1254172884282.jpg

You mean like Louisiana Husker and Sam I am???
What about them? Kevin is a pretty good dude and his biggest crime was being friends with Sam-I-Am. I've been exposing Sam for his lies for a decade and the mods got tired of tired of his constant whining and threats and sent him to Chile. Last time I saw Sam in Lincoln I told him to his face that he was full of sh*t. What do those guys have to do with me?

You've got to be one of the most passive aggressive anti Eichorst posters I've ever seen. And that's saying alot. It's really obviously you have a huge hard-on for destroying everything Shawn Eichorst. The anger is just flowing from your posts.
Actually, I owe the guy a drink for firing Mark Pelini and not extending Miles' contract. I should have high-fived the him today when I saw him in the Suh Strength Center after the game during Riley's presser.

What about them? Kevin is a pretty good dude and his biggest crime was being friends with Sam-I-Am. I've been exposing Sam for his lies for a decade and the mods got tired of tired of his constant whining and threats and sent him to Chile. Last time I saw Sam in Lincoln I told him to his face that he was full of sh*t. What do those guys have to do with me?

You've got a response for everything I'll give you that.

OK, here it is...
We are fine. Riley has us going in the right direction. OK.

You've got a response for everything I'll give you that.

OK, here it is...
We are fine. Riley has us going in the right direction. OK.
Agreed. I think 99% of the problems I see are not Riley's fault. 1% being Bruce Read.

Agreed. I think 99% of the problems I see are not Riley's fault. 1% being Bruce Read.
The problems we have are small compared to past issues and will get worked out. I will agree with the Read comment though. I still haven't figured out why Riley is so attached to him.

Good and bad in this game overall right now we are a bowl team but clearly below the top 4 or 5 teams in the conference and that is disappointing

offense- this was a mirror of what we did last year and it is clear the staff has not learned their lesson as everyone thought and it will bite us again in game we expect to win

Defense - we are better than last year but that bar was set pretty low. Dline is better than what I thought but we still lack a pass rush, there is still something lacking imo. It was disappointing to see Wyoming still get as many yards on the ground as they did. Turnovers are however a great sign and can lead to more in my opinion

special teams - This coach will cost us at least two games this year. An area that could be a weapon is a huge negative. Riley having faith in him is also disturbing. Read has been fired from every coaching job except the ones he has had with Riley. Riley must understand the team and program come first

We aren't dominating on the OL, and our QB makes some bad decisions. However, we do have a lot of good players who can make plays. It's a shame we lost so much talent on the DL, but the Davis twins are filling in nicely. We have essentially had Martinez for 4 years, and Armstrong for 4. Taylor had his best year as a freshman, and then kind of got worse. Tommy, hopefully, will get his head in the game, and have his best year as a Senior. Time will tell. I hope our next 4 years with a QB is with someone a little more talented. GBR!!!!

This game was a mixed bag. Thrilled to get a win and with the turnovers on defense, but this game was in doubt at the start of the fourth, and I thought we we're about to repeat a bad loss from last year. It was the same scenario minus some great plays (Westerkamp) and the turnovers on D. Maybe that's the silver lining: the D is making plays. But how much is that was on the WY QB or tipped balls? I think I feel worse...

Well, putting pressure on the QB can effect their performance and tipped balls could indicate defenders in better positions so, rather than discount the defensive play because of those factors, you could credit them.

Good and bad in this game overall right now we are a bowl team but clearly below the top 4 or 5 teams in the conference and that is disappointing

offense- this was a mirror of what we did last year and it is clear the staff has not learned their lesson as everyone thought and it will bite us again in game we expect to win

Defense - we are better than last year but that bar was set pretty low. Dline is better than what I thought but we still lack a pass rush, there is still something lacking imo. It was disappointing to see Wyoming still get as many yards on the ground as they did. Turnovers are however a great sign and can lead to more in my opinion

special teams - This coach will cost us at least two games this year. An area that could be a weapon is a huge negative. Riley having faith in him is also disturbing. Read has been fired from every coaching job except the ones he has had with Riley. Riley must understand the team and program come first
Can't agree with your assessment on the offense... Why did we throw so much? That's what the defense was giving us... When you stack the box as much as they did, what would you want the coaches to do? The run wasn't there like it was the previous week. We hurt them through the air, because that is what they gave us. Was it disappointing that we didn't run the ball like we did the week before? Sure, but Wyoming's game plan was to make us throw. I can't imagine what this board would be saying if we simply ran the ball and continued to get stuffed. For the game we averaged fewer yards per carry than Wyoming, and we had 43 carries for 138 yards. Conversely, we threw the ball 35 times for over 400 yards. How is running the ball 43 times repeating last year? I think we had something like 20 carries per half, give or take.

I only saw the first half, but I'm gonna say Tommy made more good throws than bad, by a healthy margin, just looking at the stats. I saw the int and the near int, and those were horrible passes. But you don't luck into 377 yards passing and 3 tds (I know you aren't say this, but I'm just saying the pass was there and we made them pay for it).

I agree with the rest of your post, but am curious what you mean by the coaches didn't learn a thing from last year.

Reactions: regibson1
Can't agree with your assessment on the offense... Why did we throw so much? That's what the defense was giving us... When you stack the box as much as they did, what would you want the coaches to do? The run wasn't there like it was the previous week. We hurt them through the air, because that is what they gave us. Was it disappointing that we didn't run the ball like we did the week before? Sure, but Wyoming's game plan was to make us throw. I can't imagine what this board would be saying if we simply ran the ball and continued to get stuffed. For the game we averaged fewer yards per carry than Wyoming, and we had 43 carries for 138 yards. Conversely, we threw the ball 35 times for over 400 yards. How is running the ball 43 times repeating last year? I think we had something like 20 carries per half, give or take.

I only saw the first half, but I'm gonna say Tommy made more good throws than bad, by a healthy margin, just looking at the stats. I saw the int and the near int, and those were horrible passes. But you don't luck into 377 yards passing and 3 tds (I know you aren't say this, but I'm just saying the pass was there and we made them pay for it).

I agree with the rest of your post, but am curious what you mean by the coaches didn't learn a thing from last year.

I agree ... what is absolutely key as the competition stiffens is that teams are required to put an extra man in the box to stop the run. TA can do a reasonable job in the passing game if the defense has to commit to stopping the run. Where things are going to get dicey is if the running game falters against opponents base defense.

Reactions: timnsun
Well, putting pressure on the QB can effect their performance and tipped balls could indicate defenders in better positions so, rather than discount the defensive play because of those factors, you could credit them.
Yeah, like when I said the D was making plays? The question I raised was how much credit they deserve vs the WY offense, which doesn't imply and in fact excludes them not deserving any.

Probably worse, but it's close to being neutral.

The preventable penalties will continue to kill us. Most of those picks were not a result of fantastic coverage, rather bad throws from an injured QB. Still not convince we can cover top 20 receivers effectively enough.

TA made another really bad decision, but recovered from it, so I guess that's "better". I continue to be pleasantly surprised with the run D and running backs.

Yeah, like when I said the D was making plays? The question I raised was how much credit they deserve vs the WY offense, which doesn't imply and in fact excludes them not deserving any.

I didn't discount that you said the D was making plays. They way you phrased it:
the D is making plays. But how much is that was on the WY QB or tipped balls? I think I feel worse...
It sounds like you answered your own question crediting poor Wyoming play over good defensive play, otherwise, why would you feel worse?

We're a really average team with a really average QB, in short, exactly what I thought we were. So I feel the same as I did before the season started, because I'm seeing exactly what I expected to see.
We won the turnover margin 2 weeks in a row. That is something I don't recall happening in recent history. If we can keep winning the turnovers especially with interceptions that will compensate for a lot of average elsewhere on the team

Impossible to truly tell how good or bad we are based on beating 2 of the worst teams in the Mountain West Conference. The margins of victory were about what everyone predicted. We had a lot of young guys getting their first real taste of college football.

Next week's game will give us a much better measuring stick. If we beat Oregon, we should be 7-0 heading into Wisconsin.

Last edited:
Impossible to truly tell how good or bad we are based on beating 2 of the worst teams in the Mountain West Conference. We margins of victory were about what everyone predicted. We had a lot of young guys getting their first real taste of college football.

Next week's game will give us a much better measuring stick. If we beat Oregon, we should be 7-0 heading into Wisconsin.

We should but Indiana may be the next challenge for us after next weeks Oregon game being that the game is in Bloomington.

Hey......we're outscoring opponents 50-0 in 4th quarter and +7 on turnovers this year. Money! I don't care who we're playing. Quacks are next!

I didn't discount that you said the D was making plays. They way you phrased it:

It sounds like you answered your own question crediting poor Wyoming play over good defensive play, otherwise, why would you feel worse?

In the context of the whole game, especially TA's decision making in key moments, not just the D. I made that comment thinking of the fourth quarter specifically. I've rehashed why in more detail more than once in the thread, but if you feel better after yesterday's game, that's fine! I'm not trying to argue everyone should feel worse, just my gut reaction after the game yesterday. I did feel better listening to the post game and hearing Riley talk about how they adapted to WY stacking the box. I do worry that we'll be able to win many games that way against better competition, but we'll see! I hope so!

We won the turnover margin 2 weeks in a row. That is something I don't recall happening in recent history. If we can keep winning the turnovers especially with interceptions that will compensate for a lot of average elsewhere on the team
We are 4th in the country right now in turnover margin per game. We were 114th last year. Let that sink in for a moment. That is an incredible turnaround. Like I said yesterday, when was the last time we were plus 7 in turnover margin at any point in the season, let alone after the first two weeks?

I've been saying this for years that some people just absolutely steadfastly refuse to give credit for anything, including things that they have complained about. People have been complaining for the last several years about our inability to force turnovers on defense. For me, personally it's probably been my biggest criticism, and I'm not somebody given to criticize very much. So we finally have a huge game in that category and force 6 turnovers, and some people completely ignore it or try to explain it away by suggesting we got lucky. What it really means is those people have decided they are going to be negative no matter what the circumstances and they won't let a positive statistic like that get in the way. It's just too much fun to trash your team all the time, because isn't that what being a fan is all about?

Feeling Ok. Haven't embarrassed ourselves on national tv yet, so thats always a good thing and the scores at the end of the games Have Looked Great.
Lets all hope our 4th quarters can turn into all 4 quarters and lets hope the biggest leap of improvement will be from week 2 to week 3 !!!!! :)
GBR!!!!!!!

solich, callahan, and bo kinda broke me of getting happy or upset over a NU game.
which could be seen as good or bad depending how you look at it :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT