ADVERTISEMENT

Disconcerting signals penalty

timnsun

Head Coach
Jan 25, 2008
I’m sure it was discussed in the game thread, but how bush league was that call? Didn’t change the outcome of the game, just a call we’ve sought for years while playing the likes of Michigan state, but never got.

I’ve never seen that called in a game before, and since I was at the game, can someone tell me what happened? Who clapped on defense?

unreal. couldn't believe that's a penalty. apparently the B1G did end up having to adjust to frost, just not in the way we all thought.

Reimer clapped at our own RE to get his attention

was staring directly at him

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I’ve seen it called a handful of times. Klatt was pretty adamant that it was the right call. Seemed pretty inadvertent to me, but maybe he had been warned already.

I swear we're the only team called for this type of shit even though everyone does it.

I thought it was only called when it was clearly intended to disrupt the snap count, but apparently not. IIRC, when Michigan State was doing it to us, their LB was running up and doing it under and right behind their DL. That kind of crap is clearly bush league. Reimer clearly wasn't trying to do that.

But, if the rule says no clapping, then it was the right call I guess. When I googled it, apparently Reimer was called for it in 2021 against Michigan too for the same thing and it was noteworthy at the time.

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT