ADVERTISEMENT

Decommits

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
I've been saying for a long time now that I think the 2021 class will see massive decommitments before signing day finally arrives. Well, 24/7 has put together a ranking of schools which so far have already seen the most decommits from the upcoming 2021 class. The schools are ranked by how many stars (according to the 24/7 rankings) a school has lost. That is, a 4-star counts as 4 stars, a 3-star as 3 stars and so forth in the total points. Here's the current ranking of which team lost the most stars according their analysis:

1. Miami
2. Florida
3.(tie) Ole Miss
3. (tie( Boston College
5. Texas
6. (tie) Alabama
6. Notre Dame
6. Oregon
6. Virginia Tech

Minnesota and Maryland are cited as potential B1G teams which could join the list down the road.

The complete free article is at the link.

LINK

I would bet that Miami and Florida schools in general are close to the top year in, year out. Seems like the thing to do in Florida is to commit as early in your HS career as possible and decommitting is no big deal. I think the majority of the kids we've gotten from down there lately were decommits.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I've been saying for a long time now that I think the 2021 class will see massive decommitments before signing day finally arrives. Well, 24/7 has put together a ranking of schools which so far have already seen the most decommits from the upcoming 2021 class. The schools are ranked by how many stars (according to the 24/7 rankings) a school has lost. That is, a 4-star counts as 4 stars, a 3-star as 3 stars and so forth in the total points. Here's the current ranking of which team lost the most stars according their analysis:

1. Miami
2. Florida
3.(tie) Ole Miss
3. (tie( Boston College
5. Texas
6. (tie) Alabama
6. Notre Dame
6. Oregon
6. Virginia Tech

Minnesota and Maryland are cited as potential B1G teams which could join the list down the road.

The complete free article is at the link.

LINK
Minnesota always has a bunch of decommits. Boston College seems like an odd one but haven’t they had a coaching carousel the past few months?

I would bet that Miami and Florida schools in general are close to the top year in, year out. Seems like the thing to do in Florida is to commit as early in your HS career as possible and decommitting is no big deal. I think the majority of the kids we've gotten from down there lately were decommits.
Last year, Miami's decommits would have been a Top 10 class.

Reactions: TOMHP and Dean Pope
Maryland's recent success is shocking. The are a lousy program with ton of bad baggage. Something doesn't smell right there. At least Minnesota is trending as a respectable team nationally. Texas surprises me a little bit. Why they are not in the hunt every year is a giant mystery to me. They let Oklahoma go into their backyard and pluck out the cream of the crop every year

Maryland's recent success is shocking. The are a lousy program with ton of bad baggage. Something doesn't smell right there. At least Minnesota is trending as a respectable team nationally. Texas surprises me a little bit. Why they are not in the hunt every year is a giant mystery to me. They let Oklahoma go into their backyard and pluck out the cream of the crop every year

I mean if you expect schools to recruit more or less in line with their historical win count then Maryland is shocking.

However there's always schools that buck that trend because the blue bloods can't take everything.

With the right coach Maryland could be one of those schools. This whole DC metro area basically extends from West Virginia past the Chesapeake to the Atlantic. You've got everything from guys who live in the mountains with only a knife and some string to serious inner city bad boys so there's sort of a culture for everyone you could recruit.

The metro area has a ton to do by itself but with Maryland being on the north side of the whole DC northern Virginia traffic mess its way easy to bop up to the mountains or NYC whatever your particular flavor is.

I mean no disrespect to Lincoln and a quality Runza but weekend trips to anywhere on the east coast are generally more exciting for younger players.. especially from this area. Alot of them aren't looking for excuses to leave unless it is an OSU or someone comes calling.

With recent events I would submit that for players concerned about having an established black culture to be a part of Maryland being in the DC metro takes that cake.

It is easy to explain the demise of Texas: too many cooks in the kitchen. The head coach is constantly compromised by outside interests and interference.

There's no one size that fits all recruiting angle or strategy that every school can successfully follow. If you try to emulate someone else's strategy, you're setting yourself up to fail.

Each school had to find the angle that works for them and be consistent at it. No school is going to appeal to every recruit either. Every recruit is an individual looking for a school that best satisfies his own wants and motives.

The bottom line is differentiate yourself from the other schools and be the best you possible.

Reactions: Dean Pope
Minnesota always has a bunch of decommits. Boston College seems like an odd one but haven’t they had a coaching carousel the past few months?

As long as Avanti Dickerson is one decommit they have this year and he chooses Big Red I'll be extremely happy!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT