ADVERTISEMENT

Death Row

Were you sharing your syphilis with them?
Nope the Herps🤣
Saturday Night Live Snl GIF by NBC

• Haha
Reactions: Laner2
could be if we get some pass rush on the edge, 0 & 9 are good shutting the inside run down.
hopefully 9 can take that extra step of grabbing hold of guy when right next to him in the backfield.

Meh. More off season hype. Tired of it. Here is an idea, try getting off the field on third down for a change and getting late game stops in tight games when you need it. Both were not strong suits of this defense last year. Our defense was very much improved last year for sure. But they need to take a step higher this year to deserve any “death row” moniker.

Meh. More off season hype. Tired of it. Here is an idea, try getting off the field on third down for a change and getting late game stops in tight games when you need it. Both were not strong suits of this defense last year. Our defense was very much improved last year for sure. But they need to take a step higher this year to deserve any “death row” moniker.

Yeah, I'm with this. I didn't read the article either, but these types of things never seem to end well. That is to say, they don't ever really seem to live up to the hype. I feel like nicknames should happen organically and be the outcome of results. Not some sort of "what should we call ourselves" or "what do we want to play like" type deal. They were far from death row last year (improved, but not anywhere close to what I'd consider death row) and given that they've done nothing since then to earn that moniker, just off season hype. Show me on the field. Then you can call yourselves whatever you want.

You want to give yourself a nickname? Well, you better get it done now.

There is always this hype where our team feels like they are better than ever. "We're gonna shock the world." ... "OH, We're gonna surprise a few people." Until they realize every team got better too. Our team crumbles because they thought they put in all that work blah, blah, blah. And the next thing you know, we just lost another 1 score game.

You want to give yourself a nickname? Well, you better get it done now.

There is always this hype where our team feels like they are better than ever. "We're gonna shock the world." ... "OH, We're gonna surprise a few people." Until they realize every team got better too. Our team crumbles because they thought they put in all that work blah, blah, blah. And the next thing you know, we just lost another 1 score game.
I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend...

Thank God for off season hype.

• Haha
Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Kinda like when Corcoran and all the OLmen wore those hats that said, "Just run the damn ball." Turns out, most of the OLmen were a fricking sieve that didn't allow NU to run the ball.

At a time when NU had Corcoran at LT, Piper at LG, and Benhart at RT. Yeah, lets run the ball. LOL

Last edited:
could be if we get some pass rush on the edge, 0 & 9 are good shutting the inside run down.
hopefully 9 can take that extra step of grabbing hold of guy when right next to him in the backfield.
I’m good with it. I think we finally have enough horses AND Coaching to make it work. Enough guys got reps and experience last year and 2nd year in the system. They should be much better this year.
No talent with Attitude doesn’t get you much.
Talent with Nasty Attitude, could be pretty fun to watch.
Black Shirts-Skull & Crossbones-Death Row!

Reactions: BleedRed78
I’m good with it. I think we finally have enough horses AND Coaching to make it work. Enough guys got reps and experience last year and 2nd year in the system. They should be much better this year.
No talent with Attitude doesn’t get you much.
Talent with Nasty Attitude, could be pretty fun to watch.
Black Shirts-Skull & Crossbones-Death Row!
It's all good until they start getting torched for 500 yards by OSU and USC.... If the Offense can sustain some 8-10 play drives that mitigates those type of games happening.

I do think this has a chance to be a helluva defense and have said so a week or so ago. The key is to get healthy and stay healthy. Guys like Cam, Princewill, Blye Hill, Deshon, all potentially upgrade this to maybe a top 5 defense in the country. NU needs a real surpise to surface like Shavers at LB to become the equivalent of a starter.

Nash taking a lot of weight off that adds to his quickness, Butler putting on 25 #'s can help him be a real bitch if he maintains his quickness, and I believe I heard Shavers has put on 20#'s. So, the ingredients are there.

The best defenses I've seen play didn't pick a nick name, it was called out on their behalf. Most didn't care for names and gimmicky crap.

Reactions: king_kong_
The best defenses I've seen play didn't pick a nick name, it was called out on their behalf. Most didn't care for names and gimmicky crap.
I get what you’re saying and agree for the most part. Although, This is a different era than when we had our dominant defenses. It’s been a long time. If they back it up, and this motivates them and makes them a cohesive unit, there’s nothing wrong with them having fun with it.

We need better players and in the meantime we need the players we have now to play like better players

And for the love of Pete catch the damn ball when it hits you right in the chest, DBs! We’re bowling if Gifford didn’t completely brick a layup in the end zone against minn

Last edited:
Reactions: InMotion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT