ADVERTISEMENT

Death Row

Were you sharing your syphilis with them?
Nope the Herps🤣
Saturday Night Live Snl GIF by NBC

could be if we get some pass rush on the edge, 0 & 9 are good shutting the inside run down.
hopefully 9 can take that extra step of grabbing hold of guy when right next to him in the backfield.

Meh. More off season hype. Tired of it. Here is an idea, try getting off the field on third down for a change and getting late game stops in tight games when you need it. Both were not strong suits of this defense last year. Our defense was very much improved last year for sure. But they need to take a step higher this year to deserve any “death row” moniker.

Reactions: InMotion and TOMHP
Meh. More off season hype. Tired of it. Here is an idea, try getting off the field on third down for a change and getting late game stops in tight games when you need it. Both were not strong suits of this defense last year. Our defense was very much improved last year for sure. But they need to take a step higher this year to deserve any “death row” moniker.

Yeah, I'm with this. I didn't read the article either, but these types of things never seem to end well. That is to say, they don't ever really seem to live up to the hype. I feel like nicknames should happen organically and be the outcome of results. Not some sort of "what should we call ourselves" or "what do we want to play like" type deal. They were far from death row last year (improved, but not anywhere close to what I'd consider death row) and given that they've done nothing since then to earn that moniker, just off season hype. Show me on the field. Then you can call yourselves whatever you want.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
You want to give yourself a nickname? Well, you better get it done now.

There is always this hype where our team feels like they are better than ever. "We're gonna shock the world." ... "OH, We're gonna surprise a few people." Until they realize every team got better too. Our team crumbles because they thought they put in all that work blah, blah, blah. And the next thing you know, we just lost another 1 score game.

You want to give yourself a nickname? Well, you better get it done now.

There is always this hype where our team feels like they are better than ever. "We're gonna shock the world." ... "OH, We're gonna surprise a few people." Until they realize every team got better too. Our team crumbles because they thought they put in all that work blah, blah, blah. And the next thing you know, we just lost another 1 score game.
I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend...

Thank God for off season hype.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT