ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Nick Gates

Not exactly lighting the world on fire with 20 though, is he? Looks like he is projected all over the place by different scouts and maybe he will do better playing a different position. My bet is it won't be at left tackle though. My completely uneducated guess is 7th round with someone taking a chance on what they saw his first year or two playing.

Not exactly lighting the world on fire with 20 though, is he? Looks like he is projected all over the place by different scouts and maybe he will do better playing a different position. My bet is it won't be at left tackle though. My completely uneducated guess is 7th round with someone taking a chance on what they saw his first year or two playing.
No way he is a LT, moving him out there wasn't good for Gates, as he was a dam good LG his rFR year. My guess is he is a mid-round pick (5th-ish) and has a solid NFL career on the interior.

Is this serious?>

10 has to be some kind of record for a lineman doesnt it?
Is he injured in some way- this cant be what an OFFENSIVE LINEMAN from NEBRASKA can do healthy?

And all the people were laughing at those of us that talked about how weak and unathletic our linemen looked'
Maybe we were right- looks like it

As a 183 lb RB age 19- I would do 8 with 2 plates as a warm up on heavy days- 225
When I was 40 181 lbs- could still do 6
That is so lame if it is really true

He will have recievers who weigh 100 lbs less than him do double his reps
Nice strength. Stronger than me.

So was it your speed, agility and vision that held you back as a RB?

No way he is a LT, moving him out there wasn't good for Gates, as he was a dam good LG his rFR year. My guess is he is a mid-round pick (5th-ish) and has a solid NFL career on the interior.
I agree he isn't a tackle in the NFL BUT the NFL loves versatile linemen who they can pick in the bottom half of the draft. So having moved him there may be a blessing for him. At the combine they are going to see a versatile linemen with good athleticism who has played both tackle spots but projects as a guard. They'll also see a guy with a frame who can pretty easily add 20 lbs of muscle in the weight room. IN A PINCH though with limited roster spots, his time at LT may keep him on the active roster. I think Gates is going to surprise some naysayers.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Funny you can't delete a thread but you like to delete people's message count (and then antagonize). Classic

GBR

I think the long arms that are part of the tackle profile can make high bench press reps somewhat difficult (and maybe irrelevant). I had a teammate in college who weighed about 160 and could bench 350. And he had some stubby ass short arms. It's physics. I'm sure it's all taken into account. And also... Tony Mandarich - 39 reps.

Good riddance to Gates. He is a lazy slacker and wasn't going to do the work Frost would expect !

Given the combine results and buzz that Gates is a 3rd or 4th rounder, just continues Nebraska's recent trend of guys who didn't do a lot in college but found a spot in the Pros. They leave Nebraska and do well in the NFL. Underachieve here. Not anymore, I hope. GBR

Shaquem Griffin did 20 with a prosthetic arm, which matches Gates and many others. Any team could use Griffin and his heart.

Not to mention his pass rush and closing speed.

Special teams beast, at a minimum. All-Pro OLB? Who knows?

needs a wider grip then he won't have to work so hard. easy fix, if he was in the iron room with the last regime they would have showed him this trick.

Wow a couple of you choose to make a mountain out of a molehill over a mistake that he owned up to. Seriously?

A couple of you take this stuff way too seriously, move on already.

Time for somebody to turn this in to a yoga pants thread. Of course there is a pic on the net of Johnny Football's honey in a thong. We could make it a thong thread....

You should be banned for a month for saying that and not posting the pic

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT