ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado #44 Jacob Callier is a dirty player, and should be suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Callier is a sophomore at Cal-Boulder. He played last year as a freshman for Cal-Boulder. He's from Downey, California and in his second year at Cal-Boulder. Because he didn't redshirt his first year at Cal-Boulder, he still has three years remaining to play two at Cal-Boulder.
We play early enough next year that he may need the third year to finish his playing days at Colorado.

All everybody is talking about is after he was hit and no how he got tackled and went backward on his knee, this is tackle football. I saw a play where a Colorado players was on the ground trying to get up and he was pushed back to the ground. Again football. Did Suh stomp the Colorado qb's head while he was laying in the ground. It was a hell of a game. People get hurt in football, both teams lost players.
People get hurt, sure. But there is no place for intentionally hurting people in the game, which is exactly what happened in this case. How can you possibly defend this bush league behavior?

Reactions: SOHusker11
Pushed back down ? You really are a puff. Whatever you are smoking is good stuff . No one touches 44 . After he gets done doing his douchebag dirty work he hops right up
While I smoke some more good stuff, maybe you can take a reading class, I didn't say the Colorado player was pushed down on the play where Martine
People get hurt, sure. But there is no place for intentionally hurting people in the game, which is exactly what happened in this case. How can you possibly defend this bush league behavior?
I don't defend bush league behavior, from watching the film I think he more likely got hurt when his knee was planted in the ground and he got pushed back. He had also limped off earlier in the game.

While I smoke some more good stuff, maybe you can take a reading class, I didn't say the Colorado player was pushed down on the play where Martine

I don't defend bush league behavior, from watching the film I think he more likely got hurt when his knee was planted in the ground and he got pushed back. He had also limped off earlier in the game.
W
You are defending bush league behavior . It was a classless play by a douchebag. Watch martinez's face. You can see him grimace as the leg gets torqued by dirty player. Then Martinez raises his hands as if he is saying wtf are you doing

All everybody is talking about is after he was hit and no how he got tackled and went backward on his knee, this is tackle football. I saw a play where a Colorado players was on the ground trying to get up and he was pushed back to the ground. Again football. Did Suh stomp the Colorado qb's head while he was laying in the ground. It was a hell of a game. People get hurt in football, both teams lost players.
I smell Buffalo SH$%

How can they still defend this shit? Only at CU, they remain the most pathetic fans in the country.
Only at CU are you kidding??? Dr. Tom your hall of fame coach let Lawrence Phillips play in the bowl game after he beat up his girlfriend and dragged her down the stairs. Maybe if he had kicked him off the team he would have learned there are consequences to your actions.

Last edited:
Only at CU are you kidding??? Dr. Tom your hall of fame coach let Lawrence Phillips play in the bowl game after he beat up his girlfriend and dragged her down the stairs. Maybe if he has suspended him he would have learned there are consequences to your actions.
Not to get in a pissing match or even to argue that Phillips should have played again, but he was suspended for six games that year, effectively ending his chances at the Heisman Trophy. Peace. And if you need a lesson in punctuation, I've taught ninth-grade English in the past, so I know how to make language mechanics accessible to even the least literate among us.

Only at CU are you kidding??? Dr. Tom your hall of fame coach let Lawrence Phillips play in the bowl game after he beat up his girlfriend and dragged her down the stairs. Maybe if he has suspended him he would have learned there are consequences to your actions.

So that makes you feel better about this? OK got it. "Other people in CFB history have done things I don't agree with, so it is OK that this kid tried to end someones career."

And BTW Phillips was suspended for 6 games. Sure you can argue he should have been kicked off the team, but I'm not sure how that somehow justifies this kids actions 23 years later.

So that makes you feel better about this? OK got it. "Other people in CFB history have done things I don't agree with, so it is OK that this kid tried to end someones career."

And BTW Phillips was suspended for 6 games. Sure you can argue he should have been kicked off the team, but I'm not sure how that somehow justifies this kids actions 23 years later.
It's their fallback position: "Tom Osborne's a douche who voted for Georgia Tech."

Wow, talk about stupid. LP has absolutely nothing to do with this. None, zero, an absolute reach. Keep runnin' your mouth though, it's funny as hell.

Thanks, you just acknowledged the chickenshit move on pos44 by trying to claim AM was hurt earlier. BS, even some Denver media members have called for a suspension. Keep talking, you're making it easy.

Last edited:
The fact that MacIntyre sees nothing wrong with this play speaks volumes. It is a classless, dirty play. Come out and say that it was unfortunate and that we do not teach our players to do dirty things. But to say nothing and that we have no reaction is gutless.

Not sure MacIntyre sees nothing wrong with it. I read the comment to say that the league reviewed the play and isn't suspending anyone so he is moving on. I would expect Frost to do the same thing if the roles were reversed.

Not sure MacIntyre sees nothing wrong with it. I read the comment to say that the league reviewed the play and isn't suspending anyone so he is moving on. I would expect Frost to do the same thing if the roles were reversed.
not exactly true initially they saw nothing wrong with it when NU provided a new angle now they are reviewing again

not exactly true initially they saw nothing wrong with it when NU provided a new angle now they are reviewing again

sigh...........the discussion was about what MacIntyre said. Someone was trying to claim that MacIntyre didn't think there is anything wrong with the play. He didn't say that there wasn't anything wrong with the play, he said, no one was suspended so we are moving on.

Reactions: saluno22
sigh...........the discussion was about what MacIntyre said. Someone was trying to claim that MacIntyre didn't think there is anything wrong with the play. He didn't say that there wasn't anything wrong with the play, he said, no one was suspended so we are moving on.
double sign..... I was responding to this " I read the comment to say that the league reviewed the play and isn't suspending anyone so he is moving on. " that statement is not true at least yet

double sign..... I was responding to this " I read the comment to say that the league reviewed the play and isn't suspending anyone so he is moving on. " that statement is not true at least yet

FFS dude! You are absolutely the worst at discussing anything.

I don't care if the league has finished reviewing the play or not. Someone tried to say that the comments MacIntyre said meant that he didn't see anything wrong with the play. I said that I read his comments to say that the league has not suspended anyone and he is moving on. That doesn't mean that they won't suspend anyone in the future or that MacIntyre thinks the play was clean. It just means that he is moving on because he hasn't been told his player is suspended.

Good effing grief.

Please show me 1 lie in the paragraph. I am a CU fan, it was a great football game. Will look forward to you showing me the lie.
Shoulda let it go dumbass, again LP, AP, DP, AC/DC or even Opie have anything to do with this. Funny as hell though to hear CU hypocrites shit -talk our former players. Two words: Rae Carruth. Don't bother to respond, game over.

If he thought something wrong was done then he needs to do something about it whether the league does or not. Have some balls and do the right thing. By moving on he is condoning the appalling actions of his player and by default saying he thinks it was a clean play. Actions speak louder than words

If he thought something wrong was done then he needs to do something about it whether the league does or not. Have some balls and do the right thing. By moving on he is condoning the appalling actions of his player and by default saying he thinks it was a clean play. Actions speak louder than words

Please, this isn't the Boy Scouts or the Good Sportsmanship commercials on TV where the kid says, "coach, the ball was out" This is a billion dollar industry, unless the league dictates or school policy mandates a suspension, no coach, in their right mind, suspends a player in this situation. You would have to prove intent. Good luck with that.

Please, this isn't the Boy Scouts or the Good Sportsmanship commercials on TV where the kid says, "coach, the ball was out" This is a billion dollar industry, unless the league dictates or school policy mandates a suspension, no coach, in their right mind, suspends a player in this situation. You would have to prove intent. Good luck with that.

Tuco— I understand your position. However to say that unless the league levels discipline, we as the school do nothing and take no position is tantamount to saying that we as a school have no standards and impose no discipline. Nothing mandates intent. Antonio Reed got flagged for the hit on MacIntyre; he was immediately on the sideline. Moving on without recognizing and acknowledging the conduct tacitly says “We don’t find anything wrong with this conduct and if it happens again will have no problem with it”.

A coach with integrity would. Look at the video. What more intent do you need???? Scumbag play and scumbag move for no punishment. Open season on cu players next year.. bring in a walk on for sole purpose of taking out cu qb.

Tuco— I understand your position. However to say that unless the league levels discipline, we as the school do nothing and take no position is tantamount to saying that we as a school have no standards and impose no discipline. Nothing mandates intent. Antonio Reed got flagged for the hit on MacIntyre; he was immediately on the sideline. Moving on without recognizing and acknowledging the conduct tacitly says “We don’t find anything wrong with this conduct and if it happens again will have no problem with it”.

If you think Frost suspends a player in the exact same situation, I want some of what you are smoking. He may run some stadium stairs or may have some other punishment, but I can promise you he wouldn't miss any game time.

The fact that MacIntyre didn't suspend his player, doesn't mean that there was no punishment or that that he thought the play was clean. He doesn't have to acknowledge it publicly he can take care of it in house.

The other issue I have is the sanctimonious crap about integrity and standards. If this exact thing happened by a Nebraska player today, as it did quite a bit in the 90's, no one would be screaming and hollering that we needed to suspend our own players out of principal.

Last edited:
A coach with integrity would. Look at the video. What more intent do you need???? Scumbag play and scumbag move for no punishment. Open season on cu players next year.. bring in a walk on for sole purpose of taking out cu qb.

In the immortal words of Dan Hawkins, this isn't intramurals brother.

Only at CU are you kidding??? Dr. Tom your hall of fame coach let Lawrence Phillips play in the bowl game after he beat up his girlfriend and dragged her down the stairs. Maybe if he had kicked him off the team he would have learned there are consequences to your actions.

He didn't beat up his girlfriend. Everyone that testified at LP's trial for 3rd degree misdemeanor assault and trespass testified to that, including 2 downstairs neighbors. In fact, in a bit of irony, the only physical injury KM suffered was when SF and one neighbor separated her and LP and she fell back into the bannister, suffering a small cut on the back of her head. And you are at least partially right. I should have added to my comment that you engaged in intentional or ignorant misrepresentations. TO did kick LP off the team on Monday. but then that evening the athletic department sent him to the Meininger Clinic in Kansas. The doctors there, some 5 days later, came to the conclusion that LP could be "cured" but the only way to keep him on the strict regimen necessary for the "cure" was to offer him the carrot of being allowed to return to the team. TO initially rejected the plan, but after several doctors met with him he relented and, adding multiple requirement to the doctors' plan, allowed LP to earn the opportunity to rejoin the team. We may be splitting hairs, but he was kicked off the team until and if he met the many requirements. Oh, and as an aside a study done by Washburn University found that 17 Div. 1 football players committed felony or misdemeanor assault on females in 1995. 1 was not suspended or otherwise punished, 1 was suspended for 1 game, 14 were suspended for 2 or 3 games. LP missed 6 games. Oh and as another aside, what about whacky Bill and his punishment for his star QB's SECOND conviction for assault, this one felony assault? Aunese missed half of the spring game. I could go on forever about the zoo under Vineyards Bill, but why bother. As others have said, that is immaterial to today.

Last edited:
He didn't beat up his girlfriend. Everyone that testified at LP's trial for 3rd degree misdemeanor assault and trespass testified to that, including 2 downstairs neighbors. In fact, in a bit of irony, the only physical injury KM suffered was when SF and one neighbor separated her and LP and she fell back into the bannister, suffering a small cut on the back of her head. And you are at least partially right. I should have added that you engaged in intentional or ignorant misrepresentations to my comment. TO did kick LP off the team on Monday. but then that evening the athletic department sent him to the Meininger Clinic in Kansas. The doctors there, some 5 days later, came to the conclusion that LP could be "cured" but the only way to keep him on the strict regimen necessary for the "cure" was to offer him the carrot of being allowed to return to the team. TO initially rejected the plan, but after several doctors met with him he relented and, adding multiple requirement to the doctors' plan, allowed LP to earn the opportunity to rejoin the team. We may be splitting hairs, but he was kicked off the team until, if and when, he met the many requirements. Oh, and as an aside a study done by Washburn University found that 17 Div. 1 football players committed felony or misdemeanor assault on females in 1995. 1 was not suspended or otherwise punished, 1 was suspended for 1 game, 14 were suspended for 2 or 3 games. LP missed 6 games. Oh and as another aside, what about whacky Bill and his punishment for his star QB's SECOND conviction for assault, this one felony assault? Aunese missed half of the spring game. I could go on forever about the zoo under Vineyards Bill, but why bother. As others have said, that is immaterial to today.
This ought to quiet him down a bit...

But it won’t.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I
If you think Frost suspends a player in the exact same situation, I want some of what you are smoking. He may run some stadium stairs or may have some other punishment, but I can promise you he wouldn't miss any game time.

The fact that MacIntyre didn't suspend his player, doesn't mean that there was no punishment or that that he thought the play was clean. He doesn't have to acknowledge it publicly he can take care of it in house.

The other issue I have is the sanctimonious crap about integrity and standards. If this exact thing happened by a Nebraska player today, as it did quite a bit in the 90's, no one would be screaming and hollering that we needed to suspend our own players out of principal.
I would guarantee you that if a nebraksa player blatantly tried to injure an opposing player like what happened Saturday that frost would indeed sit them down and miss some game time. Take it to the bank.

I

I would guarantee you that if a nebraksa player blatantly tried to injure an opposing player like what happened Saturday that frost would indeed sit them down and miss some game time. Take it to the bank.

Read about some of the stuff Jason Peter talks about in his books and on the radio. They twisted all kinds of things in piles. Fingers, ankles, wrists, legs. Are you saying Coach Osborne had no integrity? Because I don’t recall any of those dudes ever serving any suspensions for their actions on the field.

You live in a fantasy world.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
Read about some of the stuff Jason Peter talks about in his books and on the radio. They twisted all kinds of things in piles. Fingers, ankles, wrists, legs. Are you saying Coach Osborne had no integrity? Because I don’t recall any of those dudes ever serving any suspensions for their actions on the field.

You live in a fantasy world.
Show me the video

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT