ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado #44 Jacob Callier is a dirty player, and should be suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoulder to shoulder and again doesn’t meet the definition of defenseless.
Looked to me like he hit him under the chin/facemask area. But regardless, I think it is a good block. Just like I didn't have a problem with Reed's hit later on. And just like I didn't have a problem with Kenny Bell's block vs Wisconsin. You just never know how the ref is going to view them however.

Looked to me like he hit him under the chin/facemask area. But regardless, I think it is a good block. Just like I didn't have a problem with Reed's hit later on. And just like I didn't have a problem with Kenny Bell's block vs Wisconsin. You just never know how the ref is going to view them however.

Reed’s hit was a textbook definition of a defenseless player and totally unnecessary.

Reactions: TruHusker
Shoulder to shoulder and again doesn’t meet the definition of defenseless.
Here is a link to an article from Sports Illustrated.

From the Targeting section of the article:
  • Leading with helmet, shoulder forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area.

From the Defenseless Players section of the article:
  • a player who receives a blind-side block.
https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/college-football-helmet-targeting-rule-explained

Here is a link to an article from Sports Illustrated.

From the Targeting section of the article:
  • Leading with helmet, shoulder forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area.

From the Defenseless Players section of the article:
  • a player who receives a blind-side block.
https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/college-football-helmet-targeting-rule-explained
Gamboa should have been gone then according to that article. If that wasn't forcible contact to head or neck area I don't know what is.

These views are pretty damning. I know that if there were views like this of a Husker player doing this I hope Frost suspends such player for at least a couple of games. Would only have to be done once cause that would put a stop to it. If nothing is done such actions are condoned!!!!!

He didn't beat up his girlfriend. Everyone that testified at LP's trial for 3rd degree misdemeanor assault and trespass testified to that, including 2 downstairs neighbors. In fact, in a bit of irony, the only physical injury KM suffered was when SF and one neighbor separated her and LP and she fell back into the bannister, suffering a small cut on the back of her head. And you are at least partially right. I should have added to my comment that you engaged in intentional or ignorant misrepresentations. TO did kick LP off the team on Monday. but then that evening the athletic department sent him to the Meininger Clinic in Kansas. The doctors there, some 5 days later, came to the conclusion that LP could be "cured" but the only way to keep him on the strict regimen necessary for the "cure" was to offer him the carrot of being allowed to return to the team. TO initially rejected the plan, but after several doctors met with him he relented and, adding multiple requirement to the doctors' plan, allowed LP to earn the opportunity to rejoin the team. We may be splitting hairs, but he was kicked off the team until and if he met the many requirements. Oh, and as an aside a study done by Washburn University found that 17 Div. 1 football players committed felony or misdemeanor assault on females in 1995. 1 was not suspended or otherwise punished, 1 was suspended for 1 game, 14 were suspended for 2 or 3 games. LP missed 6 games. Oh and as another aside, what about whacky Bill and his punishment for his star QB's SECOND conviction for assault, this one felony assault? Aunese missed half of the spring game. I could go on forever about the zoo under Vineyards Bill, but why bother. As others have said, that is immaterial to today.
AmusingSandyAnchovy-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: SOHusker11
Video: Nebraska football releases footage of Adrian Martinez's injury against Colorado

This sucker better be watching his backside from here on out. God will punish him for the twisting and levering he did during that play. Vengeance is Mine says the LORD."
Is gord going to punish you for saying sucker and creating yet another thread about this? I'm thinking gord would probably be more focused on punishing most of the East Coast with Hurricane Florence right now .

In reality, the true injustice on this play is the late hit on Martinez after his knee was down and before the leg twisting. If Antonio Reed's hit was a penalty then this was CLEARLY a penalty. Instead, Conrad gets called for a phantom holding call.

That was a very poorly officiated play in every way.

But we need to move on from the leg twist. Ain't nothin gonna happen. Troy is up.

Gamboa should have been gone then according to that article. If that wasn't forcible contact to head or neck area I don't know what is.

There is more to the rule than what was posted.

Much of the rule deals with the definition of defenseless. A runner moving forward, is by definition not defenseless.

If each time two helmets touched it resulted in a targeting foul, every Offensive and Defensive linemen would be gone by the end of the first series.

Exactly. That's all I'm trying to say is that it isn't as cut and dried as you seem to make it out to be when shooting down everyone else's opinions.

The problem is we all want that call if it’s Morgan getting lit up but when it’s MacIntyre, then it’s a questionable call.

That is how I judge how “fair”the call is. It is how I look at a hit/ error, or a foul in basketball. If the roles were reversed, how would I want it called or how would I call it.

In the two plays you are comparing, I would want the penalty on the Reed play and wouldn’t necessarily on the Williams play

The problem is we all want that call if it’s Morgan getting lit up but when it’s MacIntyre, then it’s a questionable call.

That is how I judge how “fair”the call is. It is how I look at a hit/ error, or a foul in basketball. If the roles were reversed, how would I want it called or how would I call it.

In the two plays you are comparing, I would want the penalty on the Reed play and wouldn’t necessarily on the Williams play
Do you think, after watching the various OWH videos, that Martinez was the victim of a late hit? I think he was. I think Reed got called for a legit foul. But I also think the refs missed the late hit on Martinez.

I just saw the video from several angles and it is obvious #44 Callier intentionally tried to injure Martinez. He had his arm wrapped around AMart's lower leg for an extended period long after the play was over.

I just saw the video from several angles and it is obvious #44 Callier intentionally tried to injure Martinez. He had his arm wrapped around AMart's lower leg for an extended period long after the play was over.

IN the 2 seconds after the high late hit and after AM had his knee down and rapped up, you can see 44 puting the little extra twist and lean on the knee. 44 had already been looking around and saw AM was down and re-hit, and had to know AM was down. I wonder how long that was after the whistle blew.

Last edited:
Do you think, after watching the various OWH videos, that Martinez was the victim of a late hit? I think he was. I think Reed got called for a legit foul. But I also think the refs missed the late hit on Martinez.

I have said since the jump that it was dirty play by 44. I just think it happens a lot in games but either a player isn’t injured on the play or you don’t have an unobstructed view of the play.

That video is in slow mo. The hit from 53 looks a lot later in slow mo than it does in real time. I don’t think it was late when I watch in real time.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
I have said since the jump that it was dirty play by 44. I just think it happens a lot in games but either a player isn’t injured on the play or you don’t have an unobstructed view of the play.

That video is in slow mo. The hit from 53 looks a lot later in slow mo than it does in real time. I don’t think it was late when I watch in real time.
Ok. Thanks. This is the first time I saw it at that angle and in slo mo. So you might be right.

I tend to agree that the real issue at hand is the video. It’s the smoking gun. If we don’t see this then AM was injured when he was tackled and went down awkwardly.

We don’t always have the smoking gun. But when we do, we’re loaded for buffalo. And I get it, it’s frustrating that it appears this will be swept under the rug... but it’s time to move on from this.

Edit: not calling you out, just agreeing with you on the moving on part.

Last edited:
Ah yes, let's turn pos#44 into the victim. Poor guy can't use his Twitter, meanwhile AM sits on the bench because of #44s actions. Boofnhoo. Maybe the chicken shit will think twice next time. I don't condone the Twitter garbage, but I really don't care either. An injured knee or some meaningless words from strangers, which is worse? He could end someone's career with that horseshit, I hope he's learned a lesson. If Twitter is so important to him, he could've at least acknowledged the injury and wished AM well. Sorry, no sympathy here, try someplace else.

Not making him the victim at all. We teach our kids to not cyber bully someone, yet you blow it off just because he injured your QB. Not asking for sympathy either. Just saying it shouldn’t happen. Death threats and calling a 20 year old black college kid the N word isn’t “Meaningless”.

Not making him the victim at all. We teach our kids to not cyber bully someone, yet you blow it off just because he injured your QB. Not asking for sympathy either. Just saying it shouldn’t happen. Death threats and calling a 20 year old black college kid the N word isn’t “Meaningless”.

You are right, shouldn't be using that word or cyber bully the real live bully who twisted a defenseless player's knee, even if he is a fecal head. Go back to your own team board and blow smoke up your own ass. I'll supply the long, flexible straw just in case you lost yours. And you can suck on it at first while it's in there.

Last edited:
Reactions: SOHusker11
I agree, it is low class and shouldn’t happen. No excuses.

Having said that, it wouldn’t happen if he didn’t do what he did first. Again, not excusing behavior of husker fans, but the fans are saying vile things in response to what he first did.

In reality, the true injustice on this play is the late hit on Martinez after his knee was down and before the leg twisting. If Antonio Reed's hit was a penalty then this was CLEARLY a penalty. Instead, Conrad gets called for a phantom holding call.

That was a very poorly officiated play in every way.

But we need to move on from the leg twist. Ain't nothin gonna happen. Troy is up.
That’s what I believe, #53 for cu clearly starts his tackle head first after Martinez is clearly down, hard to miss that spearing type of late tackle.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT