ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado #44 Jacob Callier is a dirty player, and should be suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show me the video

He said the did it. Is he lying?

Incognito and Suh are thought of as 2 of the dirtiest players in the NFL, you think that behavior started after they left Lincoln? I don’t recall any suspension for those players that weren’t league mandated.

Incognito and Suh are thought of as 2 of the dirtiest players in the NFL, you think that behavior started after they left Lincoln? I don’t recall any suspension for those players that weren’t league mandated.
Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. I don't have any concrete evidence like the video I have in this instance

Ten years ago? lots has changed since then - The NCAA and colleges are very much in the protect the player mode - I will be shocked if there isnt a suspension handed out

Ten years ago? lots has changed since then - The NCAA and colleges are very much in the protect the player mode - I will be shocked if there isnt a suspension handed out

So purposely hurting people was acceptable to you 10 years ago but now it isn’t? It’s either ethical or it isn’t. It’s either bush league or it isn’t. That is the argument. Keep up.

There wasn’t a penalty called on the play. The tape was sent to 2 league offices and nothing has been handed down and it’s Tuesday evening. If it is that cut and dry that the player had full intent on injuring Martinez, why would it take 2 full business days to act?

Again you need to come stronger.

He didn't beat up his girlfriend. Everyone that testified at LP's trial for 3rd degree misdemeanor assault and trespass testified to that, including 2 downstairs neighbors. In fact, in a bit of irony, the only physical injury KM suffered was when SF and one neighbor separated her and LP and she fell back into the bannister, suffering a small cut on the back of her head. And you are at least partially right. I should have added to my comment that you engaged in intentional or ignorant misrepresentations. TO did kick LP off the team on Monday. but then that evening the athletic department sent him to the Meininger Clinic in Kansas. The doctors there, some 5 days later, came to the conclusion that LP could be "cured" but the only way to keep him on the strict regimen necessary for the "cure" was to offer him the carrot of being allowed to return to the team. TO initially rejected the plan, but after several doctors met with him he relented and, adding multiple requirement to the doctors' plan, allowed LP to earn the opportunity to rejoin the team. We may be splitting hairs, but he was kicked off the team until and if he met the many requirements. Oh, and as an aside a study done by Washburn University found that 17 Div. 1 football players committed felony or misdemeanor assault on females in 1995. 1 was not suspended or otherwise punished, 1 was suspended for 1 game, 14 were suspended for 2 or 3 games. LP missed 6 games. Oh and as another aside, what about whacky Bill and his punishment for his star QB's SECOND conviction for assault, this one felony assault? Aunese missed half of the spring game. I could go on forever about the zoo under Vineyards Bill, but why bother. As others have said, that is immaterial to today.
Do you know where I can find this documentation? I've heard this as well, but looking for documentation confirming it.

Show me the video

Have you played football? This shit happens all of the way down to the junior high level. If this were NU nothing would happen as well unless the Big 10 decided to rule like what happened to Captain Caveman back in the day after his hit at Oklahoma State. Coaches won't like it, but this is highly part of the game, and would probably just warrant running stairs.

Do you know where I can find this documentation? I've heard this as well, but looking for documentation confirming it.

The information on the trial came from reading or listening to the testimony in the case file. I checked out a number of trials and I can't recall which are on cassette and which are actual transcripts. Need to bring your Walkman. The information about the Meininger Clinic deal comes from initially talking to an assistant coach. Then TO put it out in one of his books and talked about it in some of his speaking engagements. The information on Aunese came from a Street and Smith interview with him way back when, and also information in local papers. I live in Colorado. The information on Washburn U came from a CBS report attempting to back track from Bernard Goldberg's hatchet, two camera piece on TO and NU, given that NU was on the verge of suing CBS and Goldberg. They mentioned the Washburn U study, among other things. I called Washburn U to verify that the study was real. Now having said that, I am about 98% certain it was Washburn. It definitely was a school that began with a W, lol. However, all my hard copy notes from that period are packed away in a POD, as I am in the process of moving back to dear old Nebraska.

At worst, the cu player will get some sort of reprimand (don't do it again:mad:)from the PAC and it will be done. Time for Troy talk!

Nice that buff fans, and I use that term loosely, are still bringing up Lawrence Phillips. Didn’t they have a player convicted of murder? Based on their logic, they should probably shut down their program.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Why can’t we just let this go. We are looking like a bunch of wussies ans whiners. It wasn’t a clear cut dirty play and now we are sending innuendos about having a bounty on the player. We are pathetic. Fans of Husker teams of the 90’s wound not dare act this way

Reactions: ffjoey44
Why can’t we just let this go. We are looking like a bunch of wussies ans whiners. It wasn’t a clear cut dirty play and now we are sending innuendos about having a bounty on the player. We are pathetic. Fans of Husker teams of the 90’s wound not dare act this way
I agree it is time to move on. But completely disagree that it wasn’t a clear cut dirty play, it was as clear and as dirty as it gets. Oh and most of us were pretty big fans in the 90’s as well.

Nice that buff fans, and I use that term loosely, are still bringing up Lawrence Phillips. Didn’t they have a player convicted of murder? Based on their logic, they should probably shut down their program.
Rae Carruth planned out the murder of his girlfriend who was pregnant with his own child. That POS makes LP and the rest of our guys look like choir boys. Carruth belongs in the same category as O.J. and Aaron Hernandez.

I agree it is time to move on. But completely disagree that it wasn’t a clear cut dirty play, it was as clear and as dirty as it gets. Oh and most of us were pretty big fans in the 90’s as well.
There is a huge difference between being overly aggressive and even losing your temper to what this POS did - he is holding the leg, glances over to make sure he is down then rolls with the leg intentionally trying to hurt Martinez. Cold, calculated and not the heat of the moment

If AM was practicing and ready to go this week nobody would really give a shit. Now we have no idea when he'll be back for sure. I think we have a right to be pissed.

If AM was practicing and ready to go this week nobody would really give a shit. Now we have no idea when he'll be back for sure. I think we have a right to be pissed.
I’m obviously unhappy that he’s hurt, but you’re now saying it’s OK for CU play dirty if he could play this week?

He will probably miss a week. We should beat Troy on talent alone. We are Nebraska and they are Troy

I’m obviously unhappy that he’s hurt, but you’re now saying it’s OK for CU play dirty if he could play this week?

He will probably miss a week. We should beat Troy on talent alone. We are Nebraska and they are Troy
Not saying that at all, I think it was a completely chicken shit move. People wouldn't have reacted so strongly if AM hadn't actually been hurt on the play. I don't care who were playing this week, AM probably won't get to play and that is BS.

Reactions: HuskerDana
There is nothing wrong with stating your opinion on if it’s dirty or not that’s your choice and your right. However when Nebraska fans go to his twitter account and harass a 20 year old kid that is completely wrong. He had to make his page private to due to death threats and being called the N word but several husker fans. That’s complete bull shit and unacceptable. If fans of my team did that to a Nebraska player I’d be extremely upset and embarrassed. Your right to an opinion and to be angry but not do that disgusting bull shit being racist and sending death threats. Hope Martinez is ok. He’s a very talented young man and I enjoyed watching him on Saturday.

There is nothing wrong with stating your opinion on if it’s dirty or not that’s your choice and your right. However when Nebraska fans go to his twitter account and harass a 20 year old kid that is completely wrong. He had to make his page private to due to death threats and being called the N word but several husker fans. That’s complete bull shit and unacceptable. If fans of my team did that to a Nebraska player I’d be extremely upset and embarrassed. Your right to an opinion and to be angry but not do that disgusting bull shit being racist and sending death threats. Hope Martinez is ok. He’s a very talented young man and I enjoyed watching him on Saturday.

Just a couple of things, here.

First of all, I wouldn't condone tracking down a twenty-year-old athlete on Twitter, either.

Secondly, this douchebag kid is well, a douchebag. Forgive me if I don't feel sorry for him because he had to shut down his Twitter account. Especially after failing to end another athlete's season....or maybe even his career on a pu**y move.

Thirdly, my head hurts. Punctuation is your friend.

Finally, as far as your last sentence goes, I enjoy a good submission move in MMA, too.

Just a couple of things, here.

First of all, I wouldn't condone tracking down a twenty-year-old athlete on Twitter, either.

Secondly, this douchebag kid is well, a douchebag. Forgive me if I don't feel sorry for him because he had to shut down his Twitter account. Especially after failing to end another athlete's season....or maybe even his career on a pu**y move.

Thirdly, my head hurts. Punctuation is your friend.

Finally, as far as your last sentence goes, I enjoy a good submission move in MMA, too.

It’s not the fact he had to shut down his page. It’s the fact that fans were sending death threats. If it was intentional suspend him. Rivalry or not that shouldn’t be put up with at all. My apologies on hurting your head. Lol.

Ah yes, let's turn pos#44 into the victim. Poor guy can't use his Twitter, meanwhile AM sits on the bench because of #44s actions. Boofnhoo. Maybe the chicken shit will think twice next time. I don't condone the Twitter garbage, but I really don't care either. An injured knee or some meaningless words from strangers, which is worse? He could end someone's career with that horseshit, I hope he's learned a lesson. If Twitter is so important to him, he could've at least acknowledged the injury and wished AM well. Sorry, no sympathy here, try someplace else.

For Real? Yikes. That is disgusting.

But in some ways that is bound to happen on publicly open twitter pages. All it takes is about 10 or fewer douche bags to go after you on Twitter to make your life miserable.

I think, as I said above, that it is pretty clear to me that this was a dirty play with an intent to injure.

But in order for either league to levy sanctions the video has to be REALLY clear cut. I don't think it is.

The information on the trial came from reading or listening to the testimony in the case file. I checked out a number of trials and I can't recall which are on cassette and which are actual transcripts. Need to bring your Walkman. The information about the Meininger Clinic deal comes from initially talking to an assistant coach. Then TO put it out in one of his books and talked about it in some of his speaking engagements. The information on Aunese came from a Street and Smith interview with him way back when, and also information in local papers. I live in Colorado. The information on Washburn U came from a CBS report attempting to back track from Bernard Goldberg's hatchet, two camera piece on TO and NU, given that NU was on the verge of suing CBS and Goldberg. They mentioned the Washburn U study, among other things. I called Washburn U to verify that the study was real. Now having said that, I am about 98% certain it was Washburn. It definitely was a school that began with a W, lol. However, all my hard copy notes from that period are packed away in a POD, as I am in the process of moving back to dear old Nebraska.
Wow. Thanks for going through that for me. You sound like you've investigated this pretty extensively.

Reactions: HuskerBlueDevil
A coach with integrity would. Look at the video. What more intent do you need???? Scumbag play and scumbag move for no punishment. Open season on cu players next year.. bring in a walk on for sole purpose of taking out cu qb.
Behavior like what 44 showed is learned or taught. Considering he was 10 the last time CU played Nebraska I'll give you one guess where the motivation behind his actions came from. Mac wasn't going to do sh*t, regardless of what the video showed.

Behavior like what 44 showed is learned or taught. Considering he was 10 the last time CU played Nebraska I'll give you one guess where the motivation behind his actions came from. Mac wasn't going to do sh*t, regardless of what the video showed.
To be very honest the puffs are lucky Gamboa wasn't ejected for targeting in the first quarter. The hit he put on Washington was targeting and should have been flagged. I would post video if I knew how. I've seen Gerry kicked out of games twice for much less.

Reactions: headcard
To be very honest the puffs are lucky Gamboa wasn't ejected for targeting in the first quarter. The hit he put on Washington was targeting and should have been flagged. I would post video if I knew how. I've seen Gerry kicked out of games twice for much less.

I don’t remember the play. Was Washington a receiver?

Add Slausen, Denard, Brown, the Peter brothers. We could make an all thug team that would keep up with anyone. We just like to turn a cheek. Those didn’t happen this year tho ???

He's probably referring to the Washington run at 5:30 on the video. Debatable at best.

Best I can tell the defender made helmet to helmet contact, however, unless he leads with the crown of his helmet, the offensive player has to meet the definition of defenseless. I don’t think Washington meets that definition on that play.

Thanks for the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT