Colorado #44 Jacob Callier is a dirty player, and should be suspended

Discussion in 'Husker Board' started by workavoidance101, Sep 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuco Salamanca

Tuco Salamanca Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

He said the did it. Is he lying?

Incognito and Suh are thought of as 2 of the dirtiest players in the NFL, you think that behavior started after they left Lincoln? I don’t recall any suspension for those players that weren’t league mandated.

2. Ftwhusker

Ftwhusker Newbie
    Expand Collapse

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. I don't have any concrete evidence like the video I have in this instance

3. Tuco Salamanca

Expand Collapse

Typical.

4. SnohomishRed

SnohomishRed Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

Ten years ago? lots has changed since then - The NCAA and colleges are very much in the protect the player mode - I will be shocked if there isnt a suspension handed out

5. tpmcg

tpmcg Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

if not, i'm prepared to let it go.

6. Tuco Salamanca

Expand Collapse

So purposely hurting people was acceptable to you 10 years ago but now it isn’t? It’s either ethical or it isn’t. It’s either bush league or it isn’t. That is the argument. Keep up.

There wasn’t a penalty called on the play. The tape was sent to 2 league offices and nothing has been handed down and it’s Tuesday evening. If it is that cut and dry that the player had full intent on injuring Martinez, why would it take 2 full business days to act?

Again you need to come stronger.

7. ThrowBones92

ThrowBones92 Redshirt Freshman
    Expand Collapse

Do you know where I can find this documentation? I've heard this as well, but looking for documentation confirming it.

8. ZJSARENOTFREE

ZJSARENOTFREE Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

Have you played football? This shit happens all of the way down to the junior high level. If this were NU nothing would happen as well unless the Big 10 decided to rule like what happened to Captain Caveman back in the day after his hit at Oklahoma State. Coaches won't like it, but this is highly part of the game, and would probably just warrant running stairs.

9. HuskerBlueDevil

Expand Collapse

The information on the trial came from reading or listening to the testimony in the case file. I checked out a number of trials and I can't recall which are on cassette and which are actual transcripts. Need to bring your Walkman. The information about the Meininger Clinic deal comes from initially talking to an assistant coach. Then TO put it out in one of his books and talked about it in some of his speaking engagements. The information on Aunese came from a Street and Smith interview with him way back when, and also information in local papers. I live in Colorado. The information on Washburn U came from a CBS report attempting to back track from Bernard Goldberg's hatchet, two camera piece on TO and NU, given that NU was on the verge of suing CBS and Goldberg. They mentioned the Washburn U study, among other things. I called Washburn U to verify that the study was real. Now having said that, I am about 98% certain it was Washburn. It definitely was a school that began with a W, lol. However, all my hard copy notes from that period are packed away in a POD, as I am in the process of moving back to dear old Nebraska.

10. F5Tornado

F5Tornado Senior
    Expand Collapse

At worst, the cu player will get some sort of reprimand (don't do it again:mad:)from the PAC and it will be done. Time for Troy talk!

11. nwualum

nwualum Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

Nice that buff fans, and I use that term loosely, are still bringing up Lawrence Phillips. Didn’t they have a player convicted of murder? Based on their logic, they should probably shut down their program.

HuskerDana likes this.
  12. Biggesthuskerfan

Expand Collapse

Why can’t we just let this go. We are looking like a bunch of wussies ans whiners. It wasn’t a clear cut dirty play and now we are sending innuendos about having a bounty on the player. We are pathetic. Fans of Husker teams of the 90’s wound not dare act this way

ffjoey44 likes this.
  13. headcard

headcard Nebraska Legend
    Expand Collapse

I agree it is time to move on. But completely disagree that it wasn’t a clear cut dirty play, it was as clear and as dirty as it gets. Oh and most of us were pretty big fans in the 90’s as well.

14. Biggesthuskerfan

Expand Collapse

True, but I don’t remember us acting like this. Maybe because we blew everyone out and we
    weren’t so uptight

15. SOHusker11

SOHusker11 Junior
    Expand Collapse

Rae Carruth planned out the murder of his girlfriend who was pregnant with his own child. That POS makes LP and the rest of our guys look like choir boys. Carruth belongs in the same category as O.J. and Aaron Hernandez.

16. SnohomishRed

SnohomishRed Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

There is a huge difference between being overly aggressive and even losing your temper to what this POS did - he is holding the leg, glances over to make sure he is down then rolls with the leg intentionally trying to hurt Martinez. Cold, calculated and not the heat of the moment

17. SOHusker11

SOHusker11 Junior
    Expand Collapse

If AM was practicing and ready to go this week nobody would really give a shit. Now we have no idea when he'll be back for sure. I think we have a right to be pissed.

HuskerLegion and HuskerDana like this.
  18. DaddyBoi

DaddyBoi Walk On
    Expand Collapse

This x1000

19. Biggesthuskerfan

Expand Collapse

I’m obviously unhappy that he’s hurt, but you’re now saying it’s OK for CU play dirty if he could play this week?

He will probably miss a week. We should beat Troy on talent alone. We are Nebraska and they are Troy

20. SOHusker11

SOHusker11 Junior
    Expand Collapse

Not saying that at all, I think it was a completely chicken shit move. People wouldn't have reacted so strongly if AM hadn't actually been hurt on the play. I don't care who were playing this week, AM probably won't get to play and that is BS.

HuskerDana likes this.
  21. burkek

burkek Senior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I am not sure what's worse ... the Big 12 referees favoring big 12 teams, or Big 10 refs favoring Big 10 teams, except Nebraska

HuskerLegion, timnsun and HuskerDana like this.
  22. ajb8686

Expand Collapse

There is nothing wrong with stating your opinion on if it’s dirty or not that’s your choice and your right. However when Nebraska fans go to his twitter account and harass a 20 year old kid that is completely wrong. He had to make his page private to due to death threats and being called the N word but several husker fans. That’s complete bull shit and unacceptable. If fans of my team did that to a Nebraska player I’d be extremely upset and embarrassed. Your right to an opinion and to be angry but not do that disgusting bull shit being racist and sending death threats. Hope Martinez is ok. He’s a very talented young man and I enjoyed watching him on Saturday.

Herkster5 and cam1058 like this.
  23. HuskerDana

HuskerDana Recruiting Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

Just a couple of things, here.

First of all, I wouldn't condone tracking down a twenty-year-old athlete on Twitter, either.

Secondly, this douchebag kid is well, a douchebag. Forgive me if I don't feel sorry for him because he had to shut down his Twitter account. Especially after failing to end another athlete's season....or maybe even his career on a pu**y move.

Thirdly, my head hurts. Punctuation is your friend.

Finally, as far as your last sentence goes, I enjoy a good submission move in MMA, too.

24. ajb8686

Expand Collapse

It’s not the fact he had to shut down his page. It’s the fact that fans were sending death threats. If it was intentional suspend him. Rivalry or not that shouldn’t be put up with at all. My apologies on hurting your head. Lol.

25. SOHusker11

SOHusker11 Junior
    Expand Collapse

Ah yes, let's turn pos#44 into the victim. Poor guy can't use his Twitter, meanwhile AM sits on the bench because of #44s actions. Boofnhoo. Maybe the chicken shit will think twice next time. I don't condone the Twitter garbage, but I really don't care either. An injured knee or some meaningless words from strangers, which is worse? He could end someone's career with that horseshit, I hope he's learned a lesson. If Twitter is so important to him, he could've at least acknowledged the injury and wished AM well. Sorry, no sympathy here, try someplace else.

26. Pennsyhusker

Pennsyhusker Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

For Real? Yikes. That is disgusting.

But in some ways that is bound to happen on publicly open twitter pages. All it takes is about 10 or fewer douche bags to go after you on Twitter to make your life miserable.

27. Tuco Salamanca

Expand Collapse

And all it takes is one loose cannon to actually do something.

HuskerDana and Pennsyhusker like this.
  28. Pennsyhusker

Pennsyhusker Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

I think, as I said above, that it is pretty clear to me that this was a dirty play with an intent to injure.

But in order for either league to levy sanctions the video has to be REALLY clear cut. I don't think it is.

29. Pennsyhusker

Pennsyhusker Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

That is the worry. One nut job who isn't just a Twitter trolling asshole, but a real psycho.

30. Tuco Salamanca

Expand Collapse

Get out of here. He should never be able to play football again. He hurt a Nebraska football QB.

Pennsyhusker likes this.
  31. Pennsyhusker

Pennsyhusker Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

Lol. Burn him!
    I think it is time to move on from this. Frost seems to have done that. Said yesterday that they turned stuff into both leagues. But that now it is time to move on.

32. ThrowBones92

ThrowBones92 Redshirt Freshman
    Expand Collapse

Wow. Thanks for going through that for me. You sound like you've investigated this pretty extensively.

HuskerBlueDevil likes this.
  33. SkerInCo

SkerInCo Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

Behavior like what 44 showed is learned or taught. Considering he was 10 the last time CU played Nebraska I'll give you one guess where the motivation behind his actions came from. Mac wasn't going to do sh*t, regardless of what the video showed.

34. Ftwhusker

Ftwhusker Newbie
    Expand Collapse

To be very honest the puffs are lucky Gamboa wasn't ejected for targeting in the first quarter. The hit he put on Washington was targeting and should have been flagged. I would post video if I knew how. I've seen Gerry kicked out of games twice for much less.

headcard likes this.
  35. Tuco Salamanca

Expand Collapse

I don’t remember the play. Was Washington a receiver?

36. 9and4

9and4 Junior
    Expand Collapse

He's probably referring to the Washington run at 5:30 on the video. Debatable at best.

37. Footballfinatic2016

Footballfinatic2016 Redshirt Freshman
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Add Slausen, Denard, Brown, the Peter brothers. We could make an all thug team that would keep up with anyone. We just like to turn a cheek. Those didn’t happen this year tho ???

38. CheeseRunza

CheeseRunza Walk On
    Expand Collapse

I would say the hit that their outside receiver puts on Reed (ironically) at 1:30 is closer to targeting than the one listed above. Launching a shoulder right into his helmet.

39. Tuco Salamanca

Expand Collapse

Best I can tell the defender made helmet to helmet contact, however, unless he leads with the crown of his helmet, the offensive player has to meet the definition of defenseless. I don’t think Washington meets that definition on that play.

Thanks for the video.

40. Tuco Salamanca

Expand Collapse

Shoulder to shoulder and again doesn’t meet the definition of defenseless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.