ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado #44 Jacob Callier is a dirty player, and should be suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
From that angle the twist at the end looks like a cheap shot but it's hard to be sure from that angle. If you watch it back what happened was we were running a speed option to the right, Adrian sees a lane inside and cuts it up, 44 who was the pitch key lunged at him and wrapped up his legs, Farniok drove his man back into Martinez and his knee got caught under 44. Adrian was undisciplined here, I know for a fact Scott teaches his guys to attack the pitch keys outside shoulder, had he done that he would have not injured his knee. Oh, and they called a phantom hold on Conrad. Terrible call.

From that angle the twist at the end looks like a cheap shot but it's hard to be sure from that angle. If you watch it back what happened was we were running a speed option to the right, Adrian sees a lane inside and cuts it up, 44 who was the pitch key lunged at him and wrapped up his legs, Farniok drove his man back into Martinez and his knee got caught under 44. Adrian was undisciplined here, I know for a fact Scott teaches his guys to attack the pitch keys outside shoulder, had he done that he would have not injured his knee. Oh, and they called a phantom hold on Conrad. Terrible call.

I am referring specifically to the 'twist at the end'.
Martinez's knee did get caught under POS #44 Jacob Callier of the Colorado Buffaloes, and at that point he is down.
He sustains an injury, because POS #44 Jacob Callier of the Colorado Buffaloes then grasps the foot and ankle of Martinez, and stretches Martinez's leg around his arm (from second 3 to 6 in the linked video).

It is a deliberate, cowardly, malicious attempt to injure Martinez. The guy should not be playing football.

"...Adrian was undisciplined here, I know for a fact Scott teaches his guys to attack the pitch keys outside shoulder, had he done that he would have not injured his knee..."
I don't agree with this. I don't see how this would protect against a dirty POS player from attempting to end another player's career.

I watched the game and thought that immediately.

We were not give the angle during the game that is presented in the link but even from the angles provided during the game you could see #44 doing something with that leg. It was a goon play.

The hit from #53 at the end was neither late or relevant to the injury.

Go Blue!

I am referring specifically to the 'twist at the end'.
Martinez's knee did get caught under POS #44 Jacob Callier of the Colorado Buffaloes, and at that point he is down.
He sustains an injury, because POS #44 Jacob Callier of the Colorado Buffaloes then grasps the foot and ankle of Martinez, and stretches Martinez's leg around his arm (from second 3 to 6 in the linked video).

It is a deliberate, cowardly, malicious attempt to injure Martinez. The guy should not be playing football.

"...Adrian was undisciplined here, I know for a fact Scott teaches his guys to attack the pitch keys outside shoulder, had he done that he would have not injured his knee..."
I don't agree with this. I don't see how this would protect against a dirty POS player from attempting to end another player's career.
He would have not gone inside and Farniok wouldnt have been able to push his man into Martinez and 44 would have to tackle him straight up not dive at his legs. Not arguing the twisting part that should be looked into.

Reactions: workavoidance101
He would have not gone inside and Farniok wouldnt have been able to push his man into Martinez and 44 would have to tackle him straight up not dive at his legs. Not arguing the twisting part that should be looked into.
Thanks for the elaboration. Agreed.

Thanks also for your "Notes & Takeaways" work.

According to the SF press conf today, they have turned the play in to the B1G and Pac-12. Not sure what will happen with it.
Unfortunately nothing will happen to the guy. There's no enforcement mechanism for plays like that. McIntyre should discipline him but he won't. Knocking Martinez out probably won the game for Cheater U.

Where the refs at the game from the Big Ten or Pac 12? One of the refs apparently patted the Colorado receiver on the head after his game-winning catch. Some people on Twitter were retweeting it and saying stuff like that should never happen, which is obvious.

Reactions: timnsun
Pac-12 refs. It's standard operating procedure that the crew is from the conference of the visiting team in Power 5 matchups.

And Suh was clean pretty sure he did it all the time. It happens part of football if you played.
Anyone who is dirty should get called out for it.
I played.

This crap does happen in football, which means there are at least a few spineless d!psh!ts who do participate in the sport. No different than anywhere else, including message boards.

That doesn't mean it should be allowed, condoned, encouraged, or explained away.

Anyone who is dirty should get called out for it.
I played.

This crap does happen in football, which means there are at least a few spineless d!psh!ts who do participate in the sport. No different than anywhere else, including message boards.

That doesn't mean it should be allowed, condoned, encouraged, or explained away.

Bingo.

That he is, 44 is definitely a dirty, douche bag of a player. I finally watched the replay on that. 44 definitely takes a shoulder lean into his legs and clearly takes an aggressive twist to his leg. That’s about as clear cut as it gets to someone purposely trying to hurt another player as it gets. And of course, the refs (the PAC12 refs) missed it.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Where the refs at the game from the Big Ten or Pac 12? One of the refs apparently patted the Colorado receiver on the head after his game-winning catch. Some people on Twitter were retweeting it and saying stuff like that should never happen, which is obvious.
I saw that when it happened and thought it was odd that a ref seemed to “congratulate” the receiver on his TD catch.

Oh, and they called a phantom hold on Conrad. Terrible call.

That hold on Conrad was a TERRIBLE call. The officials don't call holding all game, and then at that time they throw a flag on a highly marginal grab of the jersey that had zero impact on the defender or the play. Just a terrible hold that screwed us even harder. The officials did a pretty good job (they missed a late hit OB by us in the first half), but that call at that time in the game when there had not been a holding call on the line all game and then they call a phantom hold at that time - its inexcusable from an officiating standpoint. Can't do it.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Watching the replay again and noticed something interesting. After #44 gets up off AM watch what Martinez does. Makes a wtf type hand gesture. Makes me believe that Martinez knows it was intentional as well.

The more I watch it the more I get pissed off. Especially the view from the end zone. There is no way anyone can watch that and say it wasn't intentional. Kid needs to be done for the year or longer.

Last edited:
I'm sure the rest of the season he'll get his upcoming most coaches don't tolerate this if not just might happen a year from now

It's been my opinion the last few years that if you injure someone on a personal foul or intentional action you need to be suspended for as long as the person you injure is unable to participate

good luck with that. The refs would then have to prove intent?

It is not the hit that people are talking about it after the play is over, when Martinez is on the ground. Guys are starting to get off the pile and #44 stay a couple seconds longer and twists on Martinez leg a couple times. There is no way around it, it was intentional and deliberate.

It is not the hit that people are talking about it after the play is over, when Martinez is on the ground. Guys are starting to get off the pile and #44 stay a couple seconds longer and twists on Martinez leg a couple times. There is no way around it, it was intentional and deliberate.
Just like rollin' a spliff, brah.

All everybody is talking about is after he was hit and no how he got tackled and went backward on his knee, this is tackle football. I saw a play where a Colorado players was on the ground trying to get up and he was pushed back to the ground. Again football. Did Suh stomp the Colorado qb's head while he was laying in the ground. It was a hell of a game. People get hurt in football, both teams lost players.

All everybody is talking about is after he was hit and no how he got tackled and went backward on his knee, this is tackle football. I saw a play where a Colorado players was on the ground trying to get up and he was pushed back to the ground. Again football. Did Suh stomp the Colorado qb's head while he was laying in the ground. It was a hell of a game. People get hurt in football, both teams lost players.
Nice first post troll. That QB head stomp you are referencing was Cody Hawkins trying to tackle Suh after he pick sixed him to ice the game. I don't recall any dirty play prior to that involving Suh. You are free to show me some evidence if I missed something.

That’s laughable! He was just on the ground trying to get up? Come on, don’t be ridiculous!

Al...this is tackle football... ...Did Suh stomp the Colorado qb's head while he was laying in the ground... ...People get hurt in football, both teams lost players....
This is tackle football. Correct. Not MMA.
But POS Slimeball dirbag #44 Jacob Callier of the Colorado Buffaloes isn't attempting to play a sport. His is a deliberate attempt to injure.

"Did Suh stomp the Colorado qb's head while he was laying in the ground"
Weak ass straw man attempt. Two wrongs don't make a right... at least that's what your mom taught me.

"People get hurt in football, both teams lost players"
Another weak sauce attempt... The difference is intending to maliciously do harm.

Take your weak ass trolling attempts somewhere else.

These players know what it takes to come back from a knee injury. They realize the pain and sacrifice needed to just get on the field again. They also know a knee injury can end a career.

This slime ball knowing all that deliberately target his knee for injury and to remove him from the game. This is an action that can not stand it is not football it is not normal

Pushed back down ? You really are a puff. Whatever you are smoking is good stuff . No one touches 44 . After he gets done doing his douchebag dirty work he hops right up

You are an absolute idiot.

Last edited:
Callier is a sophomore at Cal-Boulder. He played last year as a freshman for Cal-Boulder. He's from Downey, California and in his second year at Cal-Boulder. Because he didn't redshirt his first year at Cal-Boulder, he still has three years remaining to play two at Cal-Boulder.

Reactions: Bremser
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT