ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado…Prime

The lecture isn't going to teach them anything other than their coaches are bags of gas. There's no light going on in that meeting room like, "Oh wow coach, I didn't think of that, please tell me more so I can be so wise and hard working like you!" It's pointless. I paid my own way through college and I didn't know any more than anyone else my age.
When coaches are lost (I have done it many times) they point out things that are not tangible or objective.

FB coaches especially CHART EVERYTHING but the second shit goes bad, they all of a sudden go back to the old "effort" and "habits"

Because everything they are coaching is not working, it happens. Sometimes the other team is just better, sometimes your team makes stupid plays.

Their team is falling apart but really, it should have been "this way" earlier had it not been for two very luck wins vs TCU and CSU.

When coaches are lost (I have done it many times) they point out things that are not tangible or objective.

FB coaches especially CHART EVERYTHING but the second shit goes bad, they all of a sudden go back to the old "effort" and "habits"

Because everything they are coaching is not working, it happens. Sometimes the other team is just better, sometimes your team makes stupid plays.

Their team is falling apart but really, it should have been "this way" earlier had it not been for two very luck wins vs TCU and CSU.
Pretty amazing to look back on it and realize they could easily be 0-7 or 1-6 right now, with Nebraska game being the hardest to justify as a loss, and trending towards a 0-12 or 1-11 season.

I wonder if Deion will put that new book on hold if they finish 4-8, with (3) of the W's being a play away from being L's.

Very curious to see if Deion will be able to handle the adversity and stick it out at Colorado. Not playing USC or UCLA next year will help some, but he joined the big leagues and didn't look so happy standing on the sidelines in the cold. Can't exactly run a D1 football program by heading some where warm for the winter either.

Maybe, but maybe not in CU’s case. They preaching one thing, while simultaneously promoting brand and money too much.

I think what Rhule and co. are teaching is getting through. Learn, apply, get feedback, refine, work hard and then succeed. Wow, this works. We can compete and win games.

Versus colorado players worried about leaving their purses under the chair of the meeting room when they should be blocking
We’ll find out next year which approach works best.

Maybe, but maybe not in CU’s case. They preaching one thing, while simultaneously promoting brand and money too much.

I think what Rhule and co. are teaching is getting through. Learn, apply, get feedback, refine, work hard and then succeed. Wow, this works. We can compete and win games.

Versus colorado players worried about leaving their purses under the chair of the meeting room when they should be blocking
I think Harbaugh went through this phase when he first arrived at UM. To his credit he wised up and got more focused on development. Michigan is a beast machine right now; I would say better than Bama, LSU or Georgia.

Reactions: arf_man
I think Harbaugh went through this phase when he first arrived at UM. To his credit he wised up and got more focused on development. Michigan is a beast machine right now; I would say better than Bama, LSU or Georgia.
If they are healthy at the end, I like their odds to win a nattie. Harbaugh has recruited and built a tough team. He knows now how much of a gap he had to close the SEC gap.

Reactions: Laner2
Pretty amazing to look back on it and realize they could easily be 0-7 or 1-6 right now, with Nebraska game being the hardest to justify as a loss, and trending towards a 0-12 or 1-11 season.

I wonder if Deion will put that new book on hold if they finish 4-8, with (3) of the W's being a play away from being L's.

Very curious to see if Deion will be able to handle the adversity and stick it out at Colorado. Not playing USC or UCLA next year will help some, but he joined the big leagues and didn't look so happy standing on the sidelines in the cold. Can't exactly run a D1 football program by heading some where warm for the winter either.
Right? I know it sounds like "hating" but they got about every break possible vs TCU and CSU.

I like when the wr pointed to the flag on the ground. Just following the lead of their HC.
I know we're programmed to hate everything Colorado, but that was a soft flag. If that was a Nebraska defender in a tight game heads would explode here.

I know we're programmed to hate everything Colorado, but that was a soft flag. If that was a Nebraska defender in a tight game heads would explode here.
That was a pretty blatant penalty right in front of the zebra. Dude did a two hand palm strike to the receivers facemask. They are gonna call that every time.

are-you-serious-clark-clark.gif

That was a pretty blatant penalty right in front of the zebra. Dude did a two hand palm strike to the receivers facemask. They are gonna call that every time.

are-you-serious-clark-clark.gif
Still say heads would explode here. They were bitch slapping each other all the way down the field.

Unfortunately these types of approaches happen every day in business as well. When the answers aren’t known — it turns into a crap show reaaaal fast.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BTF69 and headcard
Hunter made a foolish reaction and it cost his team. If a Husker did that and the flag got thrown, yeah some here would lost their minds, but the action would warrant a flag. Personal foul? Questionable but don’t know if the game to that point had enough back and forth and the officials decided that was enough, or if a warning had been given before to knock the stuff off and just play.

Since CU leads the nation in penalties, this doesn’t seem like much of a surprise.

Hunter made a foolish reaction and it cost his team. If a Husker did that and the flag got thrown, yeah some here would lost their minds, but the action would warrant a flag. Personal foul? Questionable but don’t know if the game to that point had enough back and forth and the officials decided that was enough, or if a warning had been given before to knock the stuff off and just play.

Since CU leads the nation in penalties, this doesn’t seem like much of a surprise.
Agreed. I feel like most on here would blame the husker player. I know I would. Don’t do stupid stuff that might cost your team. Maybe it was a judgment call, but the flag was thrown and it cost his team.

That’s on him.

It also could have been nothing.
It wasn't going to ever be nothing. You can see the Stanford player react to the whistle and drop his hands about the 15ish yard line. Hunter took 2 steps back and lunged forward from the 11 and then did the 2 hand push to the face. If they expect a DL or LB to pull up when rushing the passer and not take more than a step after release of the ball (with no whistle), surely a DB, backpedaling at 1/2 speed can handle taking 2 steps back and a step forward after the whistle.

It will be interesting to see how he does when he is coached by someone else.

His daddy has set the focus of the entire team and season on stat-padding for Rolex boy. Take a sure win by running the ball more after leading 29-0 at half? Can’t do that, my boy needs to pile up some stats. Breaking your best player back in slowly after lacerating his liver? Can’t do that, my boy needs to pile up some stats. Take away social media access so everyone can focus on the game underway? Can’t do that, my boy needs to pile up some stats. Set an expectation to throw the ball away instead of risking sacks? Can’t do that, my boy needs to pile up some stats. And it’s been that way since peewee league.

How is Shedeur going to respond when his HC yells spit into his face and takes away a privilege? It has never happened to him, so we don’t know.
It was reminiscent of when Colorado blew a 45-17 4th quarter lead to Kansas years ago. Could have easily run clock, etc but Hawkins wanted to pad his son's stats instead and it blew up in his face.

Reactions: V-Doub

Yeah, you might want to find a different anti-Deion angle.

They've won 4 one possession games and they've lost 2 one possession games. So, sure, they're a play away per game from being 1-6 (no clue where you're getting they could easily be 0-7...well, yeah I do), but they're also a play away from being 6-1.

I think what's amazing is that in all of your attempted ant-Deion spin, you're really just highlighting the fact that we are their most dominant win. Yikes.

Agreed. That was pure frustration. Like when my smaller son gets frustrated that his bigger brother is manhandling him and he starts throwing punches.

Reactions: headcard
It wasn't going to ever be nothing. You can see the Stanford player react to the whistle and drop his hands about the 15ish yard line. Hunter took 2 steps back and lunged forward from the 11 and then did the 2 hand push to the face. If they expect a DL or LB to pull up when rushing the passer and not take more than a step after release of the ball (with no whistle), surely a DB, backpedaling at 1/2 speed can handle taking 2 steps back and a step forward after the whistle.
Yeah, he left the ground to do that. Not much different than what Ben Scott did against Illinois. I don’t remember anybody on this board calling That a bad call, so….,

Yeah, you might want to find a different anti-Deion angle.

They've won 4 one possession games and they've lost 2 one possession games. So, sure, they're a play away per game from being 1-6 (no clue where you're getting they could easily be 0-7...well, yeah I do), but they're also a play away from being 6-1.

I think what's amazing is that in all of your attempted ant-Deion spin, you're really just highlighting the fact that we are their most dominant win. Yikes.
I take it you would also deduce the 2021 Nebraska Cornhuskers were one play away each game from being 11-1?

I was simply noting how a team with so much hype is amazing lucky to not be 1-6 and on the verge of going 1-11 or 2-10. With a number of those loses or near loses very some pretty poor teams.

I am without a doubt wayyy over and anti hype fest on Colorado and Sheduer. I don't have any problem with Deion. Yet I can still wonder if he will postpone publishing a book if the team continues with the current trend.

I take it you would also deduce the 2021 Nebraska Cornhuskers were one play away each game from being 11-1?

I was simply noting how a team with so much hype is amazing lucky to not be 1-6 and on the verge of going 1-11 or 2-10. With a number of those loses or near loses very some pretty poor teams.

I am without a doubt wayyy over and anti hype fest on Colorado and Sheduer. I don't have any problem with Deion. Yet I can still wonder if he will postpone publishing a book if the team continues with the current trend.
If he postponed the book, I will gain more respect for him as at least appearances will be given he is focused more on the team and players than himself, and of course the 💰

If he postponed the book, I will gain more respect for him as at least appearances will be given he is focused more on the team and players than himself, and of course the 💰
Yeah not a huge fan of saying "I'm not coaching for the money, I've already got my bag. I want to help turn boys into men." (paraphrasing), while writing a book during the hype of your first season.

I'm very interested to see how he handles what looks to be a challenging rest of the season. Not a fan of Sheduer and Hunter acting like they are hot shiz when they've yet to really do anything. But Deion has walked the walk throughout his career, giving him room to talk a little, and has owned up to some of the poor play.

I'm very interested to see how he handles what looks to be a challenging rest of the season. Not a fan of Sheduer and Hunter acting like they are hot shiz when they've yet to really do anything. But Deion has walked the walk throughout his career, giving him room to talk a little, and has owned up to some of the poor play.
Sanders has jumped into Power 5 and is leading the nation in passing yards, top 3 in TD’s, and is completing over 72% of his passes with only 3 picks. I’d say he’s kinda doing something. I’m not a fan of his behavior or attitude and can’t wait to see the Puffs crumble on the back half. But he’s putting up numbers for sure -

Sanders has jumped into Power 5 and is leading the nation in passing yards, top 3 in TD’s, and is completing over 72% of his passes with only 3 picks. I’d say he’s kinda doing something. I’m not a fan of his behavior or attitude and can’t wait to see the Puffs crumble on the back half. But he’s putting up numbers for sure -

Sanders is a decent QB. He is an accurate thrower for sure. His stats are aided by the play calling, the type of offense they run, and the inability to run the football as a team, as indicated by them throwing the football so much in the 2nd half of the Stanford game. Which inevitably led to them losing the game.

As Taco mentioned. The offense he is in, the lack of run game, and other teams putting up huge points has a lot to do with his stats.

Physically the kid has what you want in a QB and appears to have a good feel for when to use touch or the fast ball. But on the field he has to learn not to hold on to the ball and just fade backwards. That will end any hope of him playing very long in the NFL. Off the field, like you said, can't stand his behavior or attitude. But... NIL came along at a great time for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT