ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado…Prime

Travis Hunter had 2 unsportsmanlike penalties? I saw video of one that he shoved Stanford WR in the face after a play. And saw other highlight videos of him yelling at other DBs when it was him that was giving up the slant passes. Tell me how that guy will make it in the NFL until he learns to shut up and improve his play.

Deion spends the week bitching about kick off time, getting Sheduer a lucrative watch deal, and trying to clown the Atlanta Falcons scout. I think he needs to spend time with his assistants figuring up a complete game plan for the week.

Sheduer is a great player and it’s possible that without him and just an average QB they would have 1 or 0 wins right now.
Sheduer is a great player? Serious?

Yes, look what he has done with a garbage O Line in front of him. His ability got them wins over Colorado St, ASU, probably TCU as well. Kid can most often make plays when needed to.
Agree his ability is near the top of college football. That same ability contributes to how he comes across to people and how treats any perceived slight about his greatness.

Agree his ability is near the top of college football. That same ability contributes to how he comes across to people and how treats any perceived slight about his greatness.
Oh I’m not here to disagree on that part. Throwing that int last night should teach him that you can’t always be the hero, sometimes you make mistake and fail. He deserves and heckling that he gets.

Reactions: baseball31ne
That Stanford WR who went off is jacked!!
orlando scandrick boards GIF

Kong after week 1: “Prime has the formula to win now by gutting his team. Matt Rhule had every chance to do the same but he’s a betraying coward”

This is aging well. I knew you would pat yourself on the back for being wrong again eventually but it looks like I beat you to it. Again.
Oops! Better to have people think you are a fool, than start typing and confirm it!

Our loss to them is inexcusable

Worst team on the schedule
I disagree. CU would beat 4-5 teams on our schedule.

And I don’t think the loss is inexcusable because NU is not a great (or even good) football team. If Ohio State lost to Colorado, it would be inexcusable.

I think we’re average at best due to an undisciplined and slow offense and inconsistent special teams.

Reactions: headcard
I disagree. CU would beat 4-5 teams on our schedule.

And I don’t think the loss is inexcusable because NU is not a great (or even good) football team. If Ohio State lost to Colorado, it would be inexcusable.

I think we’re average at best due to an undisciplined and slow offense and inconsistent special teams.
You have to at least admit our offensive performance against them is inexcusable, correct?

You have to at least admit our offensive performance against them is inexcusable, correct?
Outside of the long run by Sims, didn’t see a plan in place to attack a defense that is quick but not tough or consistent tacklers.

Think maybe one or two drives at best

Reactions: king_kong_
Hell yes. Especially the QB dropping the ball. Twice. Pre snap penalties at the worst times, etc. But saying that the loss itself to Colorado is inexcusable is a silly statement to make when you’re talking about a team with the longest bowl drought in P5.

Yes, look what he has done with a garbage O Line in front of him. His ability got them wins over Colorado St, ASU, probably TCU as well. Kid can most often make plays when needed to.
It will be interesting to see how he does when he is coached by someone else.

His daddy has set the focus of the entire team and season on stat-padding for Rolex boy. Take a sure win by running the ball more after leading 29-0 at half? Can’t do that, my boy needs to pile up some stats. Breaking your best player back in slowly after lacerating his liver? Can’t do that, my boy needs to pile up some stats. Take away social media access so everyone can focus on the game underway? Can’t do that, my boy needs to pile up some stats. Set an expectation to throw the ball away instead of risking sacks? Can’t do that, my boy needs to pile up some stats. And it’s been that way since peewee league.

How is Shedeur going to respond when his HC yells spit into his face and takes away a privilege? It has never happened to him, so we don’t know.

Quick summary of the season for CU, two stats
Shedur leads D1 in total passing yards (1 extra game than the avg leader)
The team leads the nation in penalties per game at 9.86/game

Reactions: V-Doub and headcard
Travis Hunter had 2 unsportsmanlike penalties? I saw video of one that he shoved Stanford WR in the face after a play. And saw other highlight videos of him yelling at other DBs when it was him that was giving up the slant passes. Tell me how that guy will make it in the NFL until he learns to shut up and improve his play.

Deion spends the week bitching about kick off time, getting Sheduer a lucrative watch deal, and trying to clown the Atlanta Falcons scout. I think he needs to spend time with his assistants figuring up a complete game plan for the week.

Sheduer is a great player and it’s possible that without him and just an average QB they would have 1 or 0 wins right now.
I think the kid would also struggle to get 1 rep of 225 on bench. He's thin... which I think is why he's been able to play both ways so far this year. I don't think an NFL body type would be able to play 120+ plays a game. NFL doesn't really care that much about hype unless it's at the QB position.

Man, I really think these kind of lectures will wear thin pretty fast in a program. What's the capacity of a 19-22yo male for constantly listening to lectures telling them how clueless they are?
Most college kids ARE clueless. Someone else is paying their way. The ones who are putting their own way through get it.
Nobody owes you a living. They need to hear that.

They need to cut to the chase instead of all the lectures:

"We flushed about 50 turds last season. You saw it. That's the reason you ended up here. Last year, there was a turd sitting in the chair you're in now. He ain't here any more. We flushed him. So here you are. You one of the 40 turds we're going to flush after this season? Are you? Keep it up. "

They need to cut to the chase instead of all the lectures:

"We flushed about 50 turds last season. You saw it. That's the reason you ended up here. Last year, there was a turd sitting in the chair you're in now. He ain't here any more. We flushed him. So here you are. You one of the 40 turds we're going to flush after this season? Are you? Keep it up. "
They flush too many and their supply of fresh turds will dwindle. Seems Prime thinks he can skip the development phase and just build a team of free agents.

Reactions: Laner2
Man, I really think these kind of lectures will wear thin pretty fast in a program. What's the capacity of a 19-22yo male for constantly listening to lectures telling them how clueless they are?
Agreed.

And 90% of those guys HOPE they play in the NFL but they also know they won't, they are not morons. They get it. The reason no one "had a plan" is because when your coach is lecturing you that is not the time when you stand up and go "Coach, my plan it to be an accountant, it is a good, safe, stable job"

This is lecturing for the sake of lecturing. This is what coaches do when they are a bit lost at the moment, I have seen it (and done it) for years. The longer the speech, the worst things are going (usually)

Agreed.

And 90% of those guys HOPE they play in the NFL but they also know they won't, they are not morons. They get it. The reason no one "had a plan" is because when your coach is lecturing you that is not the time when you stand up and go "Coach, my plan it to be an accountant, it is a good, safe, stable job"

This is lecturing for the sake of lecturing. This is what coaches do when they are a bit lost at the moment, I have seen it (and done it) for years. The longer the speech, the worst things are going (usually)
Well said!

Reactions: baseball31ne
Most college kids ARE clueless. Someone else is paying their way. The ones who are putting their own way through get it.
Nobody owes you a living. They need to hear that.
The lecture isn't going to teach them anything other than their coaches are bags of gas. There's no light going on in that meeting room like, "Oh wow coach, I didn't think of that, please tell me more so I can be so wise and hard working like you!" It's pointless. I paid my own way through college and I didn't know any more than anyone else my age.

The lecture isn't going to teach them anything other than their coaches are bags of gas. There's no light going on in that meeting room like, "Oh wow coach, I didn't think of that, please tell me more so I can be so wise and hard working like you!" It's pointless. I paid my own way through college and I didn't know any more than anyone else my age.
Maybe, but maybe not in CU’s case. They preaching one thing, while simultaneously promoting brand and money too much.

I think what Rhule and co. are teaching is getting through. Learn, apply, get feedback, refine, work hard and then succeed. Wow, this works. We can compete and win games.

Versus colorado players worried about leaving their purses under the chair of the meeting room when they should be blocking

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT