ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Walking pad?

NikkiSixx

Offensive Coordinator
Sep 14, 2013
I'm curious if anyone has tried one of these things?

Since I spend a lot of time in front of a computer, I was considering getting a standing desk and one of these walking pad things.

I kind of like the idea, as it seems small and not like a big bulky treadmill..

or is it just a waste of money?

Bought one for my wife, same situation you described...says its one of the best presents I ever got her, routinely hits 20k steps. The one I got was $165 on Amazon and highly rated.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I'm curious if anyone has tried one of these things?

Since I spend a lot of time in front of a computer, I was considering getting a standing desk and one of these walking pad things.

I kind of like the idea, as it seems small and not like a big bulky treadmill..

or is it just a waste of money?
I bought on and they are meh. I do the standing desk thing and that is good enough for me. I think of myself as a pretty coordinated guy, but when I'm doing an in depth project, I find it hard to concentrate while walking. Just me though.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
So I went ahead and got a cheap one, was about $144 delivered to the door. Has some programs you can run via Bluetooth to the phone, but iOS doesn’t work so well so ended up using a Chromebook that can run android apps.

Tried a 30 minute “beginner” walking program that kicked my ass and even threw me off the machine once. I am sure I will get better, but the experience was pretty good overall.

Hope the machine lasts. Will also be looking at a standing desks as I too think that will be helpful as well.

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT