ADVERTISEMENT

"Chip Kelly doesn't look like an offensive genius anymore. That puts UCLA atop Misery Index"

They're 3-7 with a loss to Eastern Michigan. And they were blown out by Utah 55-3 the game before this.
Wow. Had no idea. I never watched one of their games start to finish but had no idea their record was that bad.

That Oregon system made Mariota, Frost, Chip and the crew a lot of money.

College football has since adjusted, but when they came on the screen, before some of the rules changes, defenses didn’t have a chance.
Those Duck teams when Kelly first got there as OC and then as HC, those offenses were insane. The gambling lines were nuts too and they seemed like they always covered.

Oh man I came on to exact this same sentiment but I was going to tie it in with the Jimbo thread. But since you created a thread, let me vent a bit. UCLA cost me some nice cash last night, so I’m still a bit pissed, but I’m left wondering what exactly is so great about Chip Kelly?? Chip Kelly in what, six years, hasnt done chit for UCLA. Apparently the Bruins expectations arent much. I’m convinced Chip Kelley is highly overrated and basically was a one hit wonder at Oregon. His Bruins teams have totally underperformed. Talk about a guy who should be on the hot seat.

Oh man I came on to exact this same sentiment but I was going to tie it in with the Jimbo thread. But since you created a thread, let me vent a bit. UCLA cost me some nice cash last night, so I’m still a bit pissed, but I’m left wondering what exactly is so great about Chip Kelly?? Chip Kelly in what, six years, hasnt done chit for UCLA. Apparently the Bruins expectations arent much. I’m convinced Chip Kelley is highly overrated and basically was a one hit wonder at Oregon. His Bruins teams have totally underperformed. Talk about a guy who should be on the hot seat.
UCLA has not done shit in 70 years. It is the most talked about school that has not done shit in FB, ever.

There is a reason he took the UCLA gig and not UF. No one cares at UCLA

UCLA has not done shit in 70 years. It is the most talked about school that has not done shit in FB, ever.

There is a reason he took the UCLA gig and not UF. No one cares at UCLA
Kelley would have been gone at UF by now. He would have been gone here too with what he’s accomplished, or hasn’t, at UCLA. I think he sucks, personally, as a head coach. But you’re right about UCLA. From watching their game last night, I had to wonder if anyone was in the stands. It sounded vacant.

• Love
Reactions: BTF69
Kelley would have been gone at UF by now. He would have been gone here too with what he’s accomplished, or hasn’t, at UCLA. I think he sucks, personally, as a head coach. But you’re right about UCLA. From watching their game last night, I had to wonder if anyone was in the stands. It sounded vacant.
No one cares at that school, it is the biggest fake important FB program in the country with Michigan being second. But at least Michigan has sort of won something in the last 50 years, sort of.

Chip isn't running the same offense he was running at Oregon. It's like he went to the NFL and modified his offensive scheme so it's more prostyle now. I mean look at his running back. Quarterbacks are young and experienced as well. Plus let's be real, UCLA is a basketball program so if the football team is good it's a bonus but not an expectation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT