ADVERTISEMENT

Calvin is N

I'm thinking he's gone as well. But, he's changed his mind many times already...so who knows. I like our WR group either way....would be nice to land him for our overall ranking but it's not going to kill us if he chooses WSU.
If anyone can pull this off it is MR and KW.... Tyjon doesn't hurt either... Is he under 18?(does he need a parent to sign off?)

If anyone can pull this off it is MR and KW.... Tyjon doesn't hurt either... Is he under 18?(does he need a parent to sign off?)

I'm pretty sure his mom wants him on the West Coast....and I believe it's a dead period now so MR and KW have done all they could have to this point. Guess we will find out tomorrow, but all signs are pointing to him flipping to WSU.

I'm pretty sure his mom wants him on the West Coast....and I believe it's a dead period now so MR and KW have done all they could have to this point. Guess we will find out tomorrow, but all signs are pointing to him flipping to WSU.
They can still contact him, just not in person. Can you even imagine the recruiting shenanigans going on tonight?

Reactions: rchrisreade
It would seem that the staff has done all that they could. One might even argue they should have cut bait after the OSU commit.

Reactions: brianm1202
It would seem that the staff has done all that they could. One might even argue they should have cut bait after the OSU commit.
Kind of a fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on us type of deal. IF they really started turning guys away because of his commitment, than that is on us. BUT we aren't in a position program wise to not take a guy with his kind of talent. That being said, if plan "B and C" were still interested and wanting to visit, than we should have brought them in this past weekend in the event that he pulled a Calvin on us.

Who knows... maybe he leaves and we pull Thompson and Lewis.

As I said before it is not up to us, and these decisions are a big time commitment.

With that said... If he is leaving he needs to do it now and stop f'ing around. If he is a signing day flip we could end up with only 3 WR's this class, and that would not be good.

I hope Thompson still is considering us, because a Calvin flip on NSD could completely kill our WR class.

McQuitty, KJJ and Lindsey are all great receivers, but take a look at our WR's on scholarship we only have 4 and one of them is Zach Darlington

As I said before it is not up to us, and these decisions are a big time commitment.

With that said... If he is leaving he needs to do it now and stop f'ing around. If he is a signing day flip we could end up with only 3 WR's this class, and that would not be good.

I hope Thompson still is considering us, because a Calvin flip on NSD could completely kill our WR class.

McQuitty, KJJ and Lindsey are all great receivers, but take a look at our WR's on scholarship we only have 4 and one of them is Zach Darlington
any walk on candidates? Seems that we always have a B Rilley type guy every three years or so...

Our coaches have met with Calvin; I have not. They have a better feel for his psychological makeup and how flaky he is. Perhaps they gave him a committable offer and required an answer last weekend which is why he pulled the trigger before NSD. Perhaps he is giving us all a head fake with the Wazzou stuff. Perhaps he truly is gone. 26 hours from now we should know.

Reactions: MileHighHusker22
Unless Williams has two guys higher rated on his board ready to sign tomorrow, I want Calvin to sign with Nebraska. Bummer for Williams if he loses another recruit on a signing day flip.

Blades appears to be a straight flip. The CW (the old Crystal Ball) doesn't point to Lewis or Thompson being headed our way. Neither it seems with Lenoir or Johnson. Would seem we get Onyemaobi, Blades, and Daniels. Guy Thomas is mucho mysterioso. If we hold Thomas, lose Calvin and get the aforementioned three, we have 21 in the class. Do we take a flyer on someone to get to 22?

Blades appears to be a straight flip. The CW (the old Crystal Ball) doesn't point to Lewis or Thompson being headed our way. Neither it seems with Lenoir or Johnson. Would seem we get Onyemaobi, Blades, and Daniels. Guy Thomas is mucho mysterioso. If we hold Thomas, lose Calvin and get the aforementioned three, we have 21 in the class. Do we take a flyer on someone to get to 22?
So if Blades does indeed flip to Nebraska, he did it the right way. Gave Florida a chance to get someone else. If Calvin does flip(I really hope he doesn't) it will give our coaches no time to fill the position of need.

Here's to hoping things work out tomorrow!

They can still contact him, just not in person. Can you even imagine the recruiting shenanigans going on tonight?

Thanks, I don't follow recruiting all that much anymore now that I gave up on my subscription. Talk about a stressful 24-48 hours for the coaches.

Have you heard anything about him? That would be a huge addition, literally.
Not really, just a couple of mentions given his previous coach is now our DC and he would conceivably be a candidate for a 5th year grad transfer. Nothing at all lately.

DPE, Morgan, Williams, Spielman

Reimers is on a semester schollie and could go full depending on numbers

One of the problems with past classes were the recruits that never stuck around.
Calvin strikes me as someone who isn't going to stick around.
Of course at this point we'd take him, but I hope our coaches are investing more time and effort at the other receivers on the radar so we for sure get them.

If he is "N" than he certainly has a funny way of showing it. (blast me for looking at twitter)

Red Flags:
1) Silent Commit who flips to OSU
2) Removes Nebraska Recruit from profile
3) Tweets 2 cryptic messages
4) Retweets and posts a message about joining WSU
5) Just today he starts following WSU staff and coaches (For example Jim Mastro and Gordy Anderson..)
6) He deletes who he is following from his updates...

I'm thinking he isn't coming here. Hope I'm wrong, but I think the momma factor may be too big of a hurdle to overcome. Oh well Flipping TL more than makes up for this....
Yup, at this point I wouldn't count Calvin as a commit. I would be shocked if he remained N.

On a good note, I think we keep Guy Thomas. I of course could be completely wrong on both...

Six crystal ball picks for Calvin flipping to WSU in the past hour, including Schaffer and Wiltfong.

Husker fans need to stay the hell off of Twitter
Why? There would no negative posts towards the kid if he did not commit and then last second flip.

Look at my previous posts, I don't like bashing the kid. He just needs to not commit, and none of this negativity happens.

He does this to any school the kid is going to catch some flack.

I do not own a twitter account, but if he wants attention and followers on twitter. The kid needs to accept the good and the bad that comea with it. If we only land 3 WR's this class because of him what the hell do you expect?

It's a hard decision and I respect that... Decommit now and let us move on. That is all I ask!

Reactions: headcard
This poor kid seems really torn. We need to cut him some slack. He is trying to make the most important decision of his life so far.

Wherever he ends up I wish him well.

You are all thinking like adults think. Is the kid being irresponsible when he commits and decommits so often? Hell yes. Would I rather he showed some maturity and just waited until he was sure? Hell yes. But he is 17 and thinking emotionally. Probably an impulsive kid who gets excited about a school and then makes a premature decision rooted in emotion.

I doubt he is deliberately trying to screw anyone over. He is also probably being pressured by parents and others.

I am sure our coaches are/were well aware of his potential to flip. Don't think this caught them by surprise.

Finally, not one person on this board (probably) knows the kid personally at all. But the coaches do and they thought he was worth the risk. Up until today everyone on here was yelling "yippee for Calvin!". Now some are trashing him.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT