ADVERTISEMENT

Calvin is N

4 wr set...two slot guys. That or run trips. Or line one up in the backfield. All sorts of things to do with talented, fast wr's
bGxM6Li__bigger.jpg
T-WAYNE... @tyjonlindsey

That #calibraska movement is something serious. Us Cali boyzzzz are doing something astonishing over here.
1f3f4.png

3:27 PM - 27 Jan 2017 · Nebraska, USA

bGxM6Li__bigger.jpg
T-WAYNE... @tyjonlindsey

That #calibraska movement is something serious. Us Cali boyzzzz are doing something astonishing over here.
1f3f4.png

3:27 PM - 27 Jan 2017 · Nebraska, USA
Love hearing this kind of stuff... It seems to me we are getting some really good leaders for the future. We've been lacking this for a bit, but guys like Tanner Lee, KJJ, TL, some of these walk ons that are tenacious, seems like something we've been missing, but hopefully not for much longer.

Thank God it's not some of the people on this board steering the ship. They would have told the guy to take a hike, we don't need you, why's it so hard to make up your mind, etc....

No, that's just Miles we want to take a long walk on a short pier.

Any information on his interest in NU? I did a Google and it showed a list from 247. What are we doing to sway him from SoCal?

A real stretch but playing with Bookie next year with his connection to NU already, along with cousin Tyjon. Mix in some Williams and Williams. Let it settle for 12 months, and let's hope we like the outcome.

Reactions: brianm1202
Will be really fun to watch all these wideouts over the next few years, hard to replace what we're losing but man we've got a ton of talent rolling in.

Will be really fun to watch all these wideouts over the next few years, hard to replace what we're losing but man we've got a ton of talent rolling in.
Yep. This is gonna be damn exciting. These coaches have it going. About a month ago I was getting very, very worried about the state of our recruiting. It seemed like we were floundering. But these coaches are tenacious and worked their asses off. Man, we haven't seen recruiting effort like this from our coaches in a long time.

Happy for the young man. Looked at all of the options and took the necessary time to do what is best for him and his future. Congratulations on deciding ro spend the next 4-5 years at the University of Nebraska.

Coaches never gave up on the young man. Welcome to the Big Red Family!

Last edited:
Losing Westy and Reilly hurts, no doubt about it. Those guys were solid "move the chains-know how to get open" kind of guys. But I love the upgrade in speed we are seeing here now. Alonzo had good speed but seemed to be always injured. Excited for the future

Losing Westy and Reilly hurts, no doubt about it. Those guys were solid "move the chains-know how to get open" kind of guys. But I love the upgrade in speed we are seeing here now. Alonzo had good speed but seemed to be always injured. Excited for the future

I agree with that Pennsy, the problem seemed to be as the year grew on, there was no deep threat which allowed the D to keep things closer to the LOS. We need a deep threat or two to stretch the D downfield and by that I don't mean just heave it down there - someone has to create some separation. That will open up the underneath stuff even more. Our guys were getting killed in the short passing game the second half of the year.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I think Reilly was a very good deep threat, just the combination of him being dinged up all year and Tommy being the one trying to hit him sort of neutered his game. Hopefully Lee or Obrien will be able to better unlock the talents of these young guys.

I agree with that Pennsy, the problem seemed to be as the year grew on, there was no deep threat which allowed the D to keep things closer to the LOS. We need a deep threat or two to stretch the D downfield and by that I don't mean just heave it down there - someone has to create some separation. That will open up the underneath stuff even more. Our guys were getting killed in the short passing game the second half of the year.
Agree. Moore was our only true burner and he was playing hurt. DPE has speed but still had issues last year with route running. Reilly had a knack for the long ball, but that hammy injury really dogged him all year. Plus... TA was very innacurate with both the long ball and the short stuff. Armstrong was really good in that 15-20 yard range. But that was it

I think Reilly was a very good deep threat, just the combination of him being dinged up all year and Tommy being the one trying to hit him sort of neutered his game. Hopefully Lee or Obrien will be able to better unlock the talents of these young guys.

I can recall a few times the receiver had separation, but the throw was not accurate.

I recall many times TA was accurate, but the receiver had zero separation.

Both of you are correct, we need the receivers to get separation more often and the QB to be accurate enough to hit them when they get that separation.

I can recall a few times the receiver had separation, but the throw was not accurate.

I recall many times TA was accurate, but the receiver had zero separation.

Both of you are correct, we need the receivers to get separation more often and the QB to be accurate enough to hit them when they get that separation.

Thank you. Our receivers were average at getting separation and TA was average at hitting them all the time.

Other than Westerkamp. I had no confidence that our WR would get open unless it was a rub route or play action.

Hopefully, both will be an improvement in the next few years.

Tweeting at recruits is not a great thing to do, but I think it is far less creepy than people commenting when Nebraska gets a commitment from an 18 year old young man about getting an erection or that South Park pic with the guy wacking off...smh

Tweeting at recruits is not a great thing to do, but I think it is far less creepy than people commenting when Nebraska gets a commitment from an 18 year old young man about getting an erection or that South Park pic with the guy wacking off...smh
I think they are kinda making fun of themselves for being so excited about recruiting news.

Thank you. Our receivers were average at getting separation and TA was average at hitting them all the time.

Other than Westerkamp. I had no confidence that our WR would get open unless it was a rub route or play action.

Hopefully, both will be an improvement in the next few years.
I would always get so nervous when we called a pass play on 3 and short. With the QBs and slot guys we have coming in now, that should ease some nerves lol

Reactions: jeans15
For the past couple of years or more there have been numerous injuries to our wide receivers for various reasons. Westy took a regular beating along with Kenny Bell because of their thin frames.

Lindsey, McQuitty, and Johnson all look like they can take a hit. Calvin is so quick and elusive that he is probably hard to hit cleanly. Lindsey, Johnson, and McQuitty all have very solid builds which should bode well along with QB(s) that can put the ball in good catchable positions.

For the past couple of years or more there have been numerous injuries to our wide receivers for various reasons. Westy took a regular beating along with Kenny Bell because of their thin frames.

Lindsey, McQuitty, and Johnson all look like they can take a hit. Calvin is so quick and elusive that he is probably hard to hit cleanly. Lindsey, Johnson, and McQuitty all have very solid builds which should bode well along with QB(s) that can put the ball in good catchable positions.
I hope you are correct.

Injuries happen though all the time. The key is depth. Glad to see us stockpiling receivers.

Reactions: regibson1
I'm less worried about losing Westy than most. I know he hasn't played a down yet, but I see Keyshawn, Jr. in that role here. He has a lot of the same attributes as Westerkamp, he has a high IQ, great body control and excellent hands. I think he's going to end up catching a lot of balls during his career here, even if the other guys in the class make more splash plays.

Reactions: OO Snipes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT