ADVERTISEMENT

Calvin is N

He retweeted something from 4 days ago before he made his commitment. I have been wrong before but I am not reading anything substantive into a retweet.

Time to shut this thread down... it does no good to speculate at this point. No way do I see Calvin going elsewhere, not at this stage. Any kind of speculation about Tweets will drive people crazy. Just let the coaches recruit and let's see where the chips fall on Wednesday.

Tweeting at recruits is not a great thing to do, but I think it is far less creepy than people commenting when Nebraska gets a commitment from an 18 year old young man about getting an erection or that South Park pic with the guy wacking off...smh

Those with a sense of humor understand the difference between the two.

He retweeted something from 4 days ago before he made his commitment. I have been wrong before but I am not reading anything substantive into a retweet.
The tweet was from four days ago, he decided to retweet it yesterday, for some reason.

Me thinks he could still end up at Wazzu. These kids use twitter as a medium and when he tweets about nothing matters until signing day and retweets Wazzu stuff on top of taking Nebraska out of his bio says something.

Now go ahead and crucify me for talking about his twitter.

Reactions: blackbones
Doubt he ever makes it to NU. Wouldn't count him or either Thomas as commits right now. If any of those guys sign it will be a nice bonus, but I wouldn't bet on them sticking with their verbals.

Reactions: brianm1202
I'll say this, he has already demonstrated a penchant for being unreliable and for making impulsive decisions. So will I be shocked if he doesn't sign with NU in two days? No. Will I be disappointed? Sure.

Shawn Callahan sure didn't seem very optimistic about Thomas or Calvin this morning via kfab.

Calvin changing his mind again after committing is a mind blower. Still feel we are good hands with JD Spielman and the other 3 receivers for the future the bigger loss might be Thomas but we have a great shot grabbing Daniels which would make up for the Thomas loss he he decides to go another direction.

Calvin changing his mind again after committing is a mind blower. Still feel we are good hands with JD Spielman and the other 3 receivers for the future the bigger loss might be Thomas but we have a great shot grabbing Daniels which would make up for the Thomas loss he he decides to go another direction.
I refuse to speculate about an 18 year old kid who cannot make up his mind. I also won't let an 18 year old kid who can't make up his mind affect my life in any possible way.

If he comes, great. I think he's got great athleticism. If he goes, just like other wide receivers and players with great athleticism, we will be fine without him.

Personally, I won't be that disappointed if he doesn't sign. Talent-wise, sure its a hit. Tough decision for some kids to make? Absolutely. Torn between going half way across the country and staying home? You bet. Kid gets cold feet with his first commitment or decides there's a better fit elsewhere after some thought? Understandable. But, in my opinion, get kids in here who are all in. Let him stay on the West Coast and go to a school where he can be there No. 1 receiver when he walks on campus. We have some good receivers in this class. We have quarterbacks who will make good receivers look very good, and we will have other recruiting classes which could be even more special once they see how the offense works with a quarterback who can read defenses, work through his progressions and consistently hit receivers in stride (and hopefully with a line that is better able to protect). IMO, whether Calvin signs or not will have no impact on the success of the program.

Reactions: c3ntral08
Doubt he ever makes it to NU. Wouldn't count him or either Thomas as commits right now. If any of those guys sign it will be a nice bonus, but I wouldn't bet on them sticking with their verbals.
Why are you worried about Deontre Thomas? He hasn't even taken any other official visits.

Is there any chance the Huskers pull off a stunner and land someone who we may not have heard much about during recruiting season or is it pretty much impossible these days to get someone without the media already being aware?

Is there any chance the Huskers pull off a stunner and land someone who we may not have heard much about during recruiting season or is it pretty much impossible these days to get someone without the media already being aware?
yes. there is a chance. Im not going to put anything past them. We had people show up for visits that no one knew of ahead of time.

It's awfully easy from our position to judge. The kid has family pulling him one direction, friends pulling him another, fellow players tugging in another. If the kid isn't going to be happy here, support him going somewhere he will be happy.

The problem is, he is really leaving us high and dry. Pretty sure that if Calvin had committed to WSU on the 27th, we would have a WR like Hawkins N right now instead.

Last edited:
I think we should just let the coaches do what they do best...And then let the chips fall where they may. But I don't think we should continue cussing the kid for having a hard time deciding where he wants to go. Best to just leave things up to the coaches.

Since I have no idea what he is telling our coaches behind the scenes, the only adverse evidence which I have seen is his retweet and deletions of certain information from his Twitter profile. If he wants to be wooed all of the way to the altar, well I am pretty certain he is not the only one. The #GBRs remain his most recent posts after that. The commitment remains up. What is going to happen 24 hours from now? No clue. But so long as he has GBR on his page and left up his commitment, he is still committed.

EDIT: I don't always agree with Hoosker's posts, but when I do, he is right.

I'm over Calvin..the staff has done about all they can do to ensure he's N. At this point, even if he ends up in Lincoln I'm sure he will transfer out once adversity sets in.
THIS. I'm hoping he goes elsewhere. He's obviously not 100% committed to anything and if he does come here, he'll probably transfer. Let's hope Guy sticks, Blades is N, and DD as well. Anything more than that would be a bonus.

Looks like Calvin is now following a bunch of WSU coaches on twitter. This doesn't look good, I hope we are still in contact with guys like Thompson and Hawkins. Although, I'm sure it is hard to tell a kid "sorry we gave your spot to someone we liked better" and then turn around and get him to commit when that kid backs out.

Let's be honest, we want him. It's OK to admit it and I've seen waaaay to many "Where would we be ranked if" and "in depth raking posts" questions for me to believe so many don't care about this kid anymore. I care, I hope he comes here.
+1

Let's be honest, we want him. It's OK to admit it and I've seen waaaay to many "Where would we be ranked if" and "in depth raking posts" questions for me to believe so many don't care about this kid anymore. I care, I hope he comes here.

Either way we will be fine one way or another.. We're not hurting at receiver in this class or what we have on hand, we have some other needs we need to attend too. JD Spielman is in the same mold of Calvin and I expect him to contribute in the system quicker than Calvin.

Blades and Daniels and keeping Deontre Thomas in the group I would take over Calvin's choice.

If this kid actually does sign here he won't last a single year.

72ac5424e8e2a2b3d2f220ea01c98f6322cff1c34576c54f6c543115720d6985.jpg

Looks like Calvin is now following a bunch of WSU coaches on twitter. This doesn't look good, I hope we are still in contact with guys like Thompson and Hawkins. Although, I'm sure it is hard to tell a kid "sorry we gave your spot to someone we liked better" and then turn around and get him to commit when that kid backs out.

True, but if you look through who he is following (and I only did this because you brought it up so its your fault Head) there are far more Huskers that he is following than Cougars. What does this mean? I have no idea. I live in Vegas, and I would not bet on what goes on in the heads of 17 and 18 year olds.

I can honestly say I don't want Calvin anymore. Our program and our players don't need to deal with this drama. We should be focused on getting better every day, not catering to the emotional needs of an overly dramatic teenager. If the dude didn't have his mind up, he never should've committed anywhere, he's just fishing for attention at this point. Adios.

Reactions: c3ntral08
True, but if you look through who he is following (and I only did this because you brought it up so its your fault Head) there are far more Huskers that he is following than Cougars. What does this mean? I have no idea. I live in Vegas, and I would not bet on what goes on in the heads of 17 and 18 year olds.
True, but the most recent follows are WSU coaches (I saw it on another board so I looked for myself too). Sometimes kids are pretty transparent with stuff like this. Our course, all it may take to end this is a good phone call from Coach Williams, I guess we will see.

I for one would like to see Calvin in Lincoln, but it seems the kid is skittish as a feral kitten. Blades signing tomorrow vs. Calvin signing tomorrow is far from a coin flip for me. How do things work out for a kid that commits to one school, then de-commits and commits to another, only to apparently be considering a third school, all within a span of a month? If he signs, how do we know he won't be enrolling at a fourth school in August. Decision-making skills need some work, even for an 18 year old.

If he is "N" than he certainly has a funny way of showing it. (blast me for looking at twitter)

Red Flags:
1) Silent Commit who flips to OSU
2) Removes Nebraska Recruit from profile
3) Tweets 2 cryptic messages
4) Retweets and posts a message about joining WSU
5) Just today he starts following WSU staff and coaches (For example Jim Mastro and Gordy Anderson..)
6) He deletes who he is following from his updates...

I'm thinking he isn't coming here. Hope I'm wrong, but I think the momma factor may be too big of a hurdle to overcome. Oh well Flipping TL more than makes up for this....

If he is "N" than he certainly has a funny way of showing it. (blast me for looking at twitter)

Red Flags:
1) Silent Commit who flips to OSU
2) Removes Nebraska Recruit from profile
3) Tweets 2 cryptic messages
4) Retweets and posts a message about joining WSU
5) Just today he starts following WSU staff and coaches (For example Jim Mastro and Gordy Anderson..)
6) He deletes who he is following from his updates...

I'm thinking he isn't coming here. Hope I'm wrong, but I think the momma factor may be too big of a hurdle to overcome. Oh well Flipping TL more than makes up for this....

I'm thinking he's gone as well. But, he's changed his mind many times already...so who knows. I like our WR group either way....would be nice to land him for our overall ranking but it's not going to kill us if he chooses WSU.

Reactions: MileHighHusker22
I'm thinking he's gone as well. But, he's changed his mind many times already...so who knows. I like our WR group either way....would be nice to land him for our overall ranking but it's not going to kill us if he chooses WSU.
the ranking thing is the only thing that bothers me as well...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT