ADVERTISEMENT

BYU players will be suspended

huskerbaseball13

Nebraska Legend
Jul 30, 2003
Bronco won't release the suspensions until game week. Memphis coach has stated his returning players will be suspending anywhere from half a game to two games at the start of next year. Im assuming some BYU players will be out for our game.

LINK

Kiss a girl and risk getting thrown out of school. Get involved in an all our brawl on national tv and you could miss a half a game or a game. Gotta love BYU.

Too bad the brawl happened. I would love for NU to roll a full-strength BYU in Memorial Stadium to open the season.

They'll have their quarterback, Taysom Hill back full speed though. He's enough to make their offense dangerous all by himself, he's essentially the player we hoped that Taylor Martinez would be. Pretty good arm, blazing fast in a straight line even if he doesn't have many moves.

Originally posted by ReuniteGondwanaland:
They'll have their quarterback, Taysom Hill back full speed though. He's enough to make their offense dangerous all by himself, he's essentially the player we hoped that Taylor Martinez would be. Pretty good arm, blazing fast in a straight line even if he doesn't have many moves.
He may be back but I'm not seeing him coming back at full speed or exactly the same player he was before the injury.

I was a little surprised, BYU says he's going to be participating in spring drills, non-contact and they say he'll be full speed before summer starts. He wasn't even wearing a leg brace in spring practice yesterday. He might be closer to 100% for our game than it seemed he would be when he got hurt.

If he's not healthy, they have really nobody behind him. Their depth chart is terrible at QB.

I was a little surprised, BYU says he's going to be participating in spring drills, non-contact and they say he'll be full speed before summer starts. He wasn't even wearing a leg brace in spring practice yesterday. He might be closer to 100% for our game than it seemed he would be when he got hurt.

If he's not healthy, they have really nobody behind him. Their depth chart is terrible at QB.
They get Tanner Mangum back this summer after his 2 year mission. Im sure he may be a little rusty but he was one of the best QB's country when he came out of HS. It will be interesting to see where they go with him because the current offensive style doesnt fit his pro style abilities as much but he was a stud.

Originally posted by klrgumby:

They get Tanner Mangum back this summer after his 2 year mission. Im sure he may be a little rusty but he was one of the best QB's country when he came out of HS. It will be interesting to see where they go with him because the current offensive style doesnt fit his pro style abilities as much but he was a stud.
What an awesome last name for a QB.

Originally posted by GretnaShawn:

Its Mangum, not Magnum though.

He may be back but I'm not seeing him coming back at full speed or exactly the same player he was before the injury.
Hell....sounds more like TMart all the time

I heard that he hurt it bad enough last season that he may not be ready by the start of the season.

He he is a terrific QB and if he does play against us he may be the best QB will see other than Cook from MSU.

Originally posted by Metalfan:
Kiss a girl and risk getting thrown out of school. Get involved in an all our brawl on national tv and you could miss a half a game or a game. Gotta love BYU.
I bet no starters will miss the NU game, they will serve their suspension against a MW team.

They will all play. Nobody will miss the NU game. If they were opening with say...New Mexico State, different story. But they will all be there, or in this case, here.

Originally posted by GretnaShawn:

Its Mangum, not Magnum though.
Bummer. He is so close to having a terrific name for the position he plays. Magnum for a QB is like Incognito for a OL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT