ADVERTISEMENT

Reason for not being apathetic right now

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
As I posted in another thread, as ugly as the Michigan game was it did not tell us anything we did not already know. Very, very few people thought we would beat Michigan this year. This game did not therefore tell us anything new. Michigan is better than we are. But we knew that. So personally I have just shaken the dust of that game off of my shoes and am setting my sights on the rest of the season.

We have seven games ahead of us all of which are winnable. I am not saying we will win them all. We probably won't. But assuming we get some guys healthy (Reimer, Lenhardt, Singleton, Teddy, Sims) there is not a team left on our roster that we cannot beat if we get a few breaks for a change. The Big Ten West is an absolute dumpster fire of awfulness this year. in fact, the only team that really scares me on our schedule is from the East -- Maryland. But even they are not world beaters and the game is in Lincoln.

Believe it or not we have a chance to go 9-3 this year and with a bowl win we could end up 10-3. And even if we do not do that we can end up 8-5 or 9-4.

Rhule is not going anywhere. So now is not the time to give up on this season and to check out. There is still a ton of things to play for and we need to start building for the future.

Forget Michigan. Time to turn our attention forward. Let's go beat the snot out fat Biliema and pound Illinois into the turf.

As I posted in another thread, as ugly as the Michigan game was it did not tell us anything we did not already know. Very, very few people thought we would beat Michigan this year. This game did not therefore tell us anything new. Michigan is better than we are. But we knew that. So personally I have just shaken the dust of that game off of my shoes and am setting my sights on the rest of the season.

We have seven games ahead of us all of which are winnable. I am not saying we will win them all. We probably won't. But assuming we get some guys healthy (Reimer, Leinhart, Teddy, Sims) there is not a team left on our roster that we cannot beat if we get a few breaks for a change. The Big Ten West is an absolute dumpster fire of awfulness this year. in fact, the only team that really scares me on our schedule is from the East -- Maryland. But even they are not world beaters and the game is in Lincoln.

Believe it or not we have a chance to go 9-3 this year and with a bowl win we could end up 10-3. And even if we do not do that we can end up 8-5 or 9-4.

Rhule is not going anywhere. So now is not the time to give up on this season and to check out. There is still a ton of things to play for and we need to start building for the future.

Forget Michigan. Time to turn our attention forward. Let's go beat the snot out fat Biliema and pound Illinois into the turf.
If Michigan can line it up and run straight at our defense you can be sure Bert will attack our defense as well. He has my respect as a coach. It’ll be a dogfight in a half full stadium.
I like Rhule so far. I like that he’s not about the excuses and he builds from week to week. I’m looking forward to seeing this program being built up.
Going physical in practice each week will give us a chance each week. Thought that Michigan Nebraska would be closer
No apathy here, Go Huskers

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
If Michigan can line it up and run straight at our defense you can be sure Bert will attack our defense as well. He has my respect as a coach. It’ll be a dogfight in a half full stadium.
I like Rhule so far. I like that he’s not about the excuses and he builds from week to week. I’m looking forward to seeing this program being built up.
Going physical in practice each week will give us a chance each week. Thought that Michigan Nebraska would be closer
I hope Beliema does try to run it right at us because quite frankly they suck on offense. They do not have the power game they have had. I think our defense is going to stuff the run game and that will be that. The key will be our offense and whether or not they can show that they have a pulse.

I would say there’s a big difference between Michigan lining up and running it straight at us and Illinois lining up and running straight at us.

I don’t see Illinois having the same success Michigan did. But that’s why we play the games. Friday will tell a lot of the story.

There's a world of difference between those two olines.

This is certainly a different kind of 2w 3L heading into October than it ever was over the last 20 years. Hope still exists. We got puppies out there on Defense that are growing up fast. 1-0 each GameDay going forward is the task. Seems like the kids are up for it. Winning goes viral on teams, and the kids will catch it and run if we can hit on these next three.

Any news on polar bear? I think our defense will come out mad and show Illinois that if they think they can do the same things to us Michigan did, they need to think again. But the polar bear me health is what I’m wondering about. Maybe he went back into the game, I’m not sure, as I only saw him down with an injury. Hope nothing serious.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
We have to keep playing HH. What I like about him is he has made no turnovers from bad decisions. Both of his turnovers you have to credit defensive play. No turnovers and eliminate the pre-snap penalties and we have a solid chance to win at least 4 of the remaining games.

We have to keep playing HH. What I like about him is he has made no turnovers from bad decisions. Both of his turnovers you have to credit defensive play. No turnovers and eliminate the pre-snap penalties and we have a solid chance to win at least 4 of the remaining games.
Get a win Friday, be 3-3 going into the bye week and beat Northwestern. A lot of growth can take place for HH over the next three weeks.

Biggest reason we have for optimism is we have a serious coach who has proved twice he can resurrect a team. He/We got hosed on the Mickey deal, (As did his wife-Double entendre intended). If that awfulness would not have happened we would have a proven coach there and a better WR room. That would really help us against teams that stack the box.

This is a direct quote from Rhule regarding the Illinois game. If we crap the bed it could get ugly

This is a litmus test game for Rhule

“Everyone in Nebraska will find out about this team next Friday night,” Rhule said. “We’ll find out about me. We’ll find out about (the players).”

Would love to watch Nebraska beat Illinois next week. Get to 3-3, and hit the bye week… push for 6 W’s. If they can get one in Champaign, I think we’ll make a bowl! And please beat Iowa and their shit storm of an offense.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker

We have seven games ahead of us all of which are winnable. I am not saying we will win them all. We probably won't. But assuming we get some guys healthy (Reimer, Lenhardt, Singleton, Teddy, Sims) there is not a team left on our roster that we cannot beat if we get a few breaks for a change. The Big Ten West is an absolute dumpster fire of awfulness this year. in fact, the only team that really scares me on our schedule is from the East -- Maryland. But even they are not world beaters and the game is in Lincoln.

We are NOT going 9-3. If we split the next 4 I will be surprised. We are not good offensively, and our defense is getting exposed as more film is available.

If we get to 6 wins I would be absolutely shocked.

This is a direct quote from Rhule regarding the Illinois game. If we crap the bed it could get ugly

“Everyone in Nebraska will find out about this team next Friday night,” Rhule said. “We’ll find out about me. We’ll find out about (the players).”
He definitely threw down the gauntlet. Im not sure this team has the right mental state to make any comments that would challenge them in this way. I hope i'm wrong. But I didn't see much fight in that team on Saturday. Pretty disappointing.

He definitely threw down the gauntlet. Im not sure this team has the right mental state to make any comments that would challenge them in this way. I hope i'm wrong. But I didn't see much fight in that team on Saturday. Pretty disappointing.
Plenty of fight in this team, the first four games of the season… Are you suggesting this single game is what to expect going forward? That our defense will show no fight? I think it’s just the opposite… They were embarrassed by what happened last Saturday and this Friday will show up. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
Zero apathy here. Rhule will get us there. It may take 3 years, but we will be playing the #2 team in the country much closer in year 3.

Plenty of fight in this team, the first four games of the season… Are you suggesting this single game is what to expect going forward? That our defense will show no fight? I think it’s just the opposite… They were embarrassed by what happened last Saturday and this Friday will show up. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.
Great defenses and teams don't look like scared puppies in their first game vs a great opponent. We better show up because a loss to a weak Illinois team could be the end to this season. I want to see dogs fighting like hell to not let that happen. Coaches have a lot of work to do this week.

I don't think that any OL and DL can match Michigan's. It was hard to watch but I can also take solace knowing we will not face that calibre of an attack again. What impresses me the most is the depth Michigan has on the DL. In the past you can establish a running game and wear down the DL. They can rotate so many 4-5 star guys that it doesn't matter.

He meant it with how they bounce back after getting their butts kicked.

Why is everyone making that quote to be something other than that?

He meant it with how they bounce back after getting their butts kicked.

Why is everyone making that quote to be something other than that?
I agree it's just a quote. But it does say....IF we shit the bed next Friday it will say a lot about who I am as a head coach.

Great defenses and teams don't look like scared puppies in their first game vs a great opponent. We better show up because a loss to a weak Illinois team could be the end to this season. I want to see dogs fighting like hell to not let that happen. Coaches have a lot of work to do this week.
Agree. But they played a great team, with new systems, a guy caught a ball on the back of giffs helmet-it’s easy to think it’s not going to be your day and fade a bit.

I wouldn’t call them a great team yet. I think they were punched in the mouth and didn’t respond well, and this will serve them well moving forward. This Friday, I see the defense playing with a chip on their shoulder. They shut down Minnesota’s run game, and Minnesota is a strong rushing team. So I see them hitting it hard this week in practice, not running scared.

But I could easily be wrong.

A loss will be a bad look for Rhule and co. Will make the rest of the season 100x more toxic throughout the fanbase.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
A loss will be a bad look for Rhule and co. Will make the rest of the season 100x more toxic throughout the fanbase.
“Toxic”

More Mainstream verbiage to protect the Agenda and the Admin

Sad

Who's keeping you from beating dead horses?
And so it begins… Kong has successfully hooked yet another poster to badger repetitively. I don’t miss it. And now that I’ve posted this, I’ll be in his crosshairs and called soft or whatever. But I don’t care. He has a database on his computer of everything posters post here so that he can bring it up incessantly. Dead horse is an apt description.

And so it begins… Kong has successfully hooked yet another poster to badger repetitively. I don’t miss it. And now that I’ve posted this, I’ll be in his crosshairs and called soft or whatever. But I don’t care. He has a database on his computer of everything posters post here so that he can bring it up incessantly. Dead horse is an apt description.
I'm not hooked. I figure I'm badgering him. I think it's funny he takes the time to reply.

We are NOT going 9-3. If we split the next 4 I will be surprised. We are not good offensively, and our defense is getting exposed as more film is available.

If we get to 6 wins I would be absolutely shocked.
I agree. One extrapolation piled on top of another.
Don't look at it mathematically, instead look at our team.Does this look like a 9-3 football team you?
This happens a lot during basketball season. Fans start picking games the rest of the way we should or could win. Math wise, yes, we can make it to a tourney invite but don't do that. Instead, look at your team. Does it play like a tourney team.
Your Nu Cornhuskers were sliding along on a very thin margin and now injuries have decimated them. It's going to take much more than just running on the field to win seven more games. Our passing game is anemic and our running game isn't much better. We can't even kick a field goal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT