ADVERTISEMENT

Breon Dixon

DeadRed402

Walk On
Oct 6, 2018
Lincoln
I would think this week would be a great game to get his feet wet. He is good in coverage and our depth there is an issue.

I would think this week would be a great game to get his feet wet. He is good in coverage and our depth there is an issue.
Wonder why he hasn’t played yet? I’m sure he left Ole Miss based on a bunch of promises. They aren’t doing awful.

Wonder why he hasn’t played yet? I’m sure he left Ole Miss based on a bunch of promises. They aren’t doing awful.
Dixon needs to get bigger and more assignment sound and then he'll get his shot. Last I heard they want to redshirt him and try to make him in to somebody who can play linebacker at the next level. Just too small for the B1G right now and too slow to play safety.

Agree....but they shouldn’t have said how important he was going to be and that he was going to make huge impact this year during Spring practice. But then again we heard that about a few others from this staff.

Agree....but they shouldn’t have said how important he was going to be and that he was going to make huge impact this year during Spring practice. .

I don't remember them saying anything like that, in fact they said he would redshirt before the season even started, but why would it be a problem if they did? Just because he isn't ready to play now doesn't mean they don't like him or that he won't be a good player someday.

Reactions: timnsun
Dixon needs to get bigger and more assignment sound and then he'll get his shot. Last I heard they want to redshirt him and try to make him in to somebody who can play linebacker at the next level. Just too small for the B1G right now and too slow to play safety.
Lots of the young guys need to bulk up, but redshirt rule would be good to utilize this week.
I don't remember them saying anything like that, in fact they said he would redshirt before the season even started, but why would it be a problem if they did? Just because he isn't ready to play now doesn't mean they don't like him or that he won't be a good player someday.
I know he isn't where the staff wants him as a starter. I imagined he would play in 4 games though

Reactions: headcard

I think he is saying that the fan expectations are/were out of whack with Dixon because the coaches were talking him up in the Spring, especially after he got the waiver to play this season.

In fact I was pretty much raked over the coals at the time because I said he was too small to play linebacker in the Big Ten and that I didn't see him playing much, let alone starting.

I think he is saying that the fan expectations are/were out of whack with Dixon because the coaches were talking him up in the Spring, especially after he got the waiver to play this season.

In fact I was pretty much raked over the coals at the time because I said he was too small to play linebacker in the Big Ten and that I didn't see him playing much, let alone starting.

Yes you did I remember you posting those words.I also remember you posting SF and Nebraska would win 9 games too....

Really wish you were right about the later..Winking

Yes you did I remember you posting those words.I also remember you posting SF and Nebraska would win 9 games too....

Really wish you were right about the later..Winking

I don’t remember him saying they would win 9 but I do remember him saying that they could win 8 games.

I just want to see him rush the QB..Screw an assignment...lol

I swear back in the day we put guys in strictly just to blitz with speed.

Dixon played in a grand total of 3 games for ole miss - had 2 solo tackles - and zero sacks

Not sure where all the summer hype came from.

Dixon played in a grand total of 3 games for ole miss - had 2 solo tackles - and zero sacks

Not sure where all the summer hype came from.

People get all hyped about SEC talent. I like Dixon as a Safety to LB convert who can fit into a bit of a hybrid role for us in the future, able to drop into coverage or work in the box. He probably wasn't fast enough or instinctive enough as Safety.

Let's see next year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT