ADVERTISEMENT

Darlington on Rhule and the current team

inWV

Assistant Head Coach
Sep 22, 2007

Discussion starts around 20:30. George has been around practice and apparently has a rep for being blunt. He thinks this is an extremely good tackling team and that Rhule's practices are in another league from Riley and Frost (George referred to them as crap). Also doesn't think NU can win with Sims. Thinks Rhule will get it done here. He likes the tackling in practice and the scrimmage periods during the week. It appears that Frost was so concerned with depth and practice injuries that he didn't do much of that.

Would never take anything away from this defensive staff, but the defensive script started being flipped last year after Busch took over the D. Not huge improvements, but it was so bad under Chins that any improvement was a neon sign, and that started under Bill Busch. Really hope they can find a spot for him when an assistant leaves.

Would never take anything away from this defensive staff, but the defensive script started being flipped last year after Busch took over the D. Not huge improvements, but it was so bad under Chins that any improvement was a neon sign, and that started under Bill Busch. Really hope they can find a spot for him when an assistant leaves.
I think Bill has moved on to a more retired phase of life and it is highly likely the next assistant is already employed by the football program.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Curious what that means? Didn't watch/listen. Get what done? National Championship? Conference Championship?
Didn’t say, but he probably just means winning football. I really don’t understand Frost. He was part of the mid 90s teams and practiced hard. Did he just never see the value in it?

I think Bill has moved on to a more retired phase of life and it is highly likely the next assistant is already employed by the football program.
You're probably right about the next assistant already being on the staff, but before Mickey got into trouble I think Busch wanted to be retained.

"I really don’t understand Frost. He was part of the mid 90s teams and practiced hard. Did he just never see the value in it?"

I guess as the OP said, maybe just a fear of injuries and the depth chart. I can imagine that if I were a coach I'd stress over injuries so I kind of get it.

Remember when our tackling was SO bad during the Callahan/Cosgrove era and then it was revealed many in-season practices were conducted in only shoulder pads & shorts? 🙃😂

I swear, we've seen it all the last 20 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT