ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Season Gambling Thread

How hot is Day’s seat in 2024?

Neah, I think they're gonna be in that "you fire a coach with a winning percentage of 88% averaging 11 wins per season with a Playoff appearance...who the hell is going to want to take that job...or...who are you going to get that's better than that" type situation. He's got at least a year or two of being forced to fire coordinators, just need to develop young talent, let's see how Michigan is when they're not cheating, etc before his seat gets real hot IMO

Neah, I think they're gonna be in that "you fire a coach with a winning percentage of 88% averaging 11 wins per season with a Playoff appearance...who the hell is going to want to take that job...or...who are you going to get that's better than that" type situation. He's got at least a year or two of being forced to fire coordinators, just need to develop young talent, let's see how Michigan is when they're not cheating, etc before his seat gets real hot IMO
Good point. I agree that it would be hard to fire Day right now, but I do think there are several coaches with OSU connections that may be interested in the job (Hartline, Freeman, Fickel, Vrabel) when the time comes.

What do you usually put on a game?

I am a total volume better (and drinker), so I am 5, 10, 15 and 20 dollar wagers but on a typical Saturday I am at 40-50 wagers.
These have all been $50

Four more today!

Penn st (-5) vs Ole Miss: no brainer, taking Ole Miss. better coach, better program. Don’t get this line at all.

Auburn (-4.5) vs maryland: tua’s little bro is sitting, auburn stinks but not as bad as Maryland. Gimme the tigers

Georgia (-21) vs FSU: Dawgs by a zillion

Wyoming(-3.5) vs Toledo: Craig Bohl’s last game, all toledos guys are in the portal. I’m taking the pokes

Last edited:
Four more today!

Penn st (-5) vs Ole Miss: no brainer, taking Ole Miss. better coach, better program. Don’t get this line at all.

Auburn (-4.5) vs maryland: tua’s little bro is sitting, auburn stinks but not as bad as Maryland. Gimme the tigers

Wyoming(-3.5) vs Toledo: Craig Bohl’s last game, all toledos guys are in the portal. I’m taking the pokes
Like all 4 of these.. No excuse for Penn St or Ole Miss not wanting to play in this bowl game..

Reactions: king_kong_
@TampaBaySkers best team in ACC = 8th best team in B1G

8apfdx.jpg

8apffr.jpg
8auu8y.jpg

8auud3.jpg

Four more today!

Last edited 21 minutes ago?
So now we have to screen-shot your predictions? Be better than that.

Last edited 21 minutes ago?
So now we have to screen-shot your predictions? Be better than that.
I changed the font on my Ole Miss pick from black to green

I'll do the same for my Auburn pick to red when it goes final

I'm not changing the picks & wouldn't do that in ten thousand lifetimes

if you don't believe me, the original post is in @scarletred 's response

@TampaBaySkers getting all 3 chambered up for his next cope sesh
> Florida State didn't want to be there
> muh opt-outs
> so many distractions

which excuse will you cling to when FSU gets assblasted by the team Alabama just beat?

it's exhausting being right 100% of the time.

Hope your direct deposit went through this week!

@TampaBaySkers getting all 3 chambered up for his next cope sesh

it's exhausting being right 100% of the time.

Hope your direct deposit went through this week!
So obsessed with me.

Have you created an account yet?

Reminder that Vanderbilt only allowed 37 to Georgia. Was a much more competitive game

Four more today!

updated ATS record ITT: 12-8

excited for tomorrow and Monday's action!

Maybe I heard it wrong but I think someone said it was the biggest margin of victory in bowl history. Not Orange Bowl history…bowl history
Why would anyone be surprised after how many players from FSU didn’t want to compete..
Georgia still would have won convincingly dispite all the opt outs..

Vegas lost a lot of money on the Seminoles yesterday…

Why would anyone be surprised after how many players from FSU didn’t want to compete..
Georgia still would have won convincingly dispite all the opt outs..

Vegas lost a lot of money on the Seminoles yesterday…
How did Vegas lose money? If you're referring to bookmaking, they profit on a built.in margin. They may organize gambling but don't parttake in it themselves. They won before the game was played.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
How did Vegas lose money? If you're referring to bookmaking, they profit on a built.in margin. They may organize gambling but don't parttake in it themselves. They won before the game was played.
Don’t see anyone beating on FSU even given 3+TD’s.

most entirely of all the money on this game was on Georgia and that’s no branier.

Reactions: king_kong_
Happy new year, everyone!

Early wave looks like this:

LSU (-9.5) vs Wisc: no Heisman winner for the tigers, no defense all season. I’m taking the points with Fickell.

Tenn (-5.5) vs iowa: talk about two programs at the opposite ends of the offensive spectrum. Vols have burned me before, but I can’t quit them & don’t see how iowa keeps up. I’m laying the 5.

Oregon (-18.5) vs Liberty: Ducks by a hundred

Last edited:
Vegas absolutely does not make money on every game
This explains bookmaking. Note heavily the first paragraph.

"A bookmaker strives to accept bets on the outcome of an event in the right proportions in order to make a profit regardless of which outcome prevails."

A person who throws out hard earned dollars should have a good understanding of what they're engaging in.

Happy new year, everyone!

Early wave looks like this:

LSU (-9.5) vs Wisc: no Heisman winner for the tigers, no defense all season. I’m taking the points with Fickell.

Tenn (-5.5) vs iowa: talk about two programs at the opposite ends of the offensive spectrum. Vols have burned me before, but I can’t quit them & don’t see how iowa keeps up. I’m laying the 5.

Oregon (-18.5) vs Liberty: Ducks by a hundred
Isn't Tennessee missing a bunch of players while Iowa has most everyone playing?

"A bookmaker strives to accept bets on the outcome of an event in the right proportions in order to make a profit regardless of which outcome prevails."

A person who throws out hard earned dollars should have a good understanding of what they're engaging in.

“Strives to” and “Always does no matter what” are not the same thing

Over time and given the sheer volume of games, Vegas obviously always makes out

But they do not ring the cash register on every single game. Not even close.

“strives” is the key word there.

in the right proportions. That's what @scarletred is saying. The line wasn't a good one therefore the bets for that game weren't "in the right proportion".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT