ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Season Gambling Thread

All three favorites covered yesterday, a square’s dream

Four games today:

Virginia Tech (-10) vs Tulane - no coach or QB for the Green Wave, yet I can still see them keeping it close. VT was awful all season. Give me the 10.

West Virginia (-6) vs UNC - no drake maye for the Heels. I like WV to bully them and cover

Louisville (-6.5) vs USC - taking the Cards because I think USC just wants this season over with

Oklahoma St (-3) vs Texas A&M - part of me wants to take A&M to rub it in jimbos face but I’m a big Gundy fan. Tough one. Will update closer to game time
Gundy is a damn good bowl coach.

Four more today, starting nice and early:

SMU (-13) vs BC in Fenway - I’m taking the points

Rutgers (-2) vs Miami in Yankee Stadium - give me Rutgers. Miami has no interest in this game

Kst (-2) vs NC ST - taking the cats, nc st were crap away from home all season

Arizona (-2.5) vs OU - not sure yet on a side, but a fun game and I’ll be taking over 60
after much deliberation I'm also taking Arizona tonight to cover 2.5

Last edited:
Four more today, starting nice and early:

SMU (-13) vs BC in Fenway - I’m taking the points

Rutgers (-2) vs Miami in Yankee Stadium - give me Rutgers. Miami has no interest in this game

Kst (-2) vs NC ST - taking the cats, nc st were crap away from home all season

Arizona (-2.5) vs OU - not sure yet on a side, but a fun game and I’ll be taking over 60
I know SMU and BC have already started, but I like your assessment of first 3, except the last. I think Oklahoma will knock out Arizona. OU has a ton of portals going out, but I still think they are deep enough to cover this spread.

Reactions: king_kong_
I know SMU and BC have already started, but I like your assessment of first 3, except the last. I think Oklahoma will knock out Arizona. OU has a ton of portals going out, but I still think they are deep enough to cover this spread.
Kong, you know your shit! Great picks!

@TampaBaySkers best team in ACC = 8th best team in B1G

8apfdx.jpg

8apffr.jpg

Four more today heading into the big weekend

Clemson (-3.5) vs Kentucky: all that stoops/A&M stuff makes you wonder. I’m taking Clemson.

Notre Dame (-6) vs oregon st: no coach, no QB for the Beavs. If the favorites keep covering I’ll keep riding them with the Irish.

Iowa State (-10.5) vs Memphis: or not.. give me those points!

Ohio St (-4.5) vs Mizzou: tigers are a cute story but Day is good in non-playoff bowl games and I think the buckeyes will be ready to go. I’m laying the points.

Last edited:
Four more today heading into the big weekend

Clemson (-3.5) vs Kentucky: all that stoops/A&M stuff makes you wonder. I’m taking Clemson.

Notre Dame (-6) vs oregon st: no coach, no QB for the Beavs. If the favorites keep covering I’ll keep riding them with the Irish.

Iowa State (-10) vs Memphis: or not.. give me those points!

Ohio St (-4.5) vs Mizzou: tigers are a cute story but Day is good in non-playoff bowl games and I think the buckeyes will be ready to go. I’m laying the points.
I'm an idiot and I don't gamble enough to pick up on the jargon.

Give me the points & taking the points = you like the underdog
Laying the points = you like the favorite

Right?

I'm an idiot and I don't gamble enough to pick up on the jargon.

Give me the points & taking the points = you like the underdog
Laying the points = you like the favorite

Right?
correct!

GG yesterday with picks. I don’t gamble but enjoy seeing peoples picks. I think it’s cool that you show yours ahead of time instead of after the fact where people call out the game they picked without telling people how they lost the other four😁
8-4 ATS in this thread (9-4 really because I did take the texas st/rice over that I posted, but I didn't officially declare it so I won't count it)

I'll post all my picks, as usual, and go back to highlight them green or red to show which won/lost

I backed off Clemson/UK
I love ND
I sort of like ISU but that is a lot of points.
That OSU line is getting weird.

Good Lord, I knew Barion Brown was really fast - but that dude can fly. Makes everyone else look like they are plodding in mud.

Last edited:
wow!! back to back turnovers by UK and a Clemson chance to cover has been resurrected!

well that was easy

interesting to see how clemson responds. will they continue the streak of ACC being totally inept against p5 teams?

Pleasantly surprised that wasn’t targeting on UK. Looked like a good hit, but refs usually shower the field with flags on plays like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT