ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Game

Did the players vote or did the "players" vote? I want a head count.

Maybe it’s for the best, but I don’t think it’s a great sign that the players and coaches just want to be done.
It’s happening all over college football. I saw this list yesterday:

Utah becomes the latest team to publicly opt out of a bowl game. Running list of, for now, the 14:

Boston College
Pitt
Virginia
Stanford
Georgia Tech
Virginia Tech
Kansas State
San Diego State
UCLA
Louisville
Arizona
Washington State
Florida State
Utah

Utah becomes the latest team to publicly opt out of a bowl game. Running list of, for now, the 14:

Boston College
Pitt
Virginia
Stanford
Georgia Tech
Virginia Tech
Kansas State
San Diego State
UCLA
Louisville
Arizona
Washington State
Florida State
Utah
Don't see too many teams on that list who went "all in" taking on their conference several times this season in order to play football games.

OK, pal. Whatever angle you need to attack the team and be pissed off.
Not in the least, pal.

Where am I attacking the team? And I'm not pissed whatsoever.

If our program is gonna talk the talk, it should walk the walk.

Nebraska threw it's nuts right out on the table when the conference didn't want to play football. Then again when Wisconsin got a case of vagina-itis and the conference "wouldn't let us play football" scheduling our own game.

"We're being singled out". "We're guilty of wanting to play football". "Shortsighted conference is costing us games and screwing us over"

OK, then. There might be a chance to play another game next week. "Nah, we're good"

Not in the least, pal.

Nebraska threw it's nuts right out on the table when the conference didn't want to play football. Then again when Wisconsin got a case of vagani-itis and the conference "wouldn't let us play football".

"We're being singled out". "We're guilty of wanting to play football". "Shortsighted conference is costing us games and screwing us over"

OK, then. There might be a chance to play another game next week. "Nah, we're good"

Dude...we get it. We do...but your bit is as tired as a Foghat concert.

Not in the least, pal.

Nebraska threw it's nuts right out on the table when the conference didn't want to play football. Then again when Wisconsin got a case of vagina-itis and the conference "wouldn't let us play football" scheduling our own game.

"We're being singled out". "We're guilty of wanting to play football". ortsighted conference is costing us games and screwing us over"

That was 5 months ago. They have been practicing for nine months to play 8 games, many of them haven't seen their families since March, maybe they have earned the right to call this season over.

Not in the least, pal.

This.

I'm not even wanting to watch this 2020 version play anymore, but if you're going to go to get black eyes fighting your own conference for the right to play football games, you shouldn't be opting out of the chance to play football games.

Boston College
Pitt
Virginia
Stanford
Georgia Tech
Virginia Tech
Kansas State
San Diego State
UCLA
Louisville
Arizona
Washington State
Florida State
Utah
Pretty prestigious group of football programs to be included with in 2020.

Players today and young people do not look at the Bowl Games in the same way as a lot of us adults do. Back in the day bowl games were huge but people today look at them like they are just nonsense and unnecessary. So many kids are already willing to abandon their teams when it's bowl time so this doesn't surprise me considering the pandemic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT