ADVERTISEMENT

Both the Omaha & Lincoln Airport is

You’ve never been to an airport til you’ve been in Istanbul. That was absolutely amazing as far as airports go.

Reactions: ssmill777
Got fleas at Charles DeGaul International sitting on the floor next to families from Morocco. When I got onto NAS Sigonnella at 3 am, I had to get a full body dip at the Navy Hospital on base before the Navy Lodge would give me my room.

Eppley is a little slice of heaven compared to OHare.

It Sucked It Was Bad GIF - It Sucked It Was Bad It Was Terrible GIFs

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
Denver sucks balls. Not really the airport, but the massive amount of delayed and canceled flights through there. Heaven forbid their system is set to update people on things. Once waited 3 hours after a delayed flight for bags, and was finally told we couldn’t get our luggage until the morning.

Reactions: BigO4WYO and Laner2
What exactly are the expectations? Why would anyone call them dumps? They are clean, well maintained, and at least Omaha is well ran. Best thing, it's small and efficient.
The last airport I flew in from was Midway in Chicago on a connecting flight. I was greeted by a display of Lori Lighfoot welcoming me to the Windy City. Yikes!
I ran into three separate piles of dog crap. Not in Chicago like outside the airport I mean inside the airport. They encourage comfort animals enough they even have rest areas for the dogs. I love dogs but it's gotten out of hand.
I guess the owners just let them poop in the walkways, shrugged their shoulders, and went on. I didn't see much, if any, custodians.
I hear O'Hare is a haven for the homeless.
Count your blessings.
I am not partial to the city but I really like the airport.

Pretty shitty. Nebraska missing big on having a nice airport. Omaha airport is so dumpy.
Couple things I do not like about Nebraska.
The Airport and roads.
Nebraska is way behind here!!
Why are they so dumpy?
You do realize that wasn’t a smart location to put an airport in Omaha, right? You have the River so you can’t expand East. Carter Laker, so you can’t expand west. It should’ve been built around Ashland but due to some bird habitat bs they didn’t allow it.
Other than that, it is clean and easy to get in and out. So what are you looking for?

I fly a great deal for business and find Eppley fantastic on many fronts for the size of airport that it is and geographic radius that it has to serve. Traffic in and out for passenger drop-off/pickup is not fantastic. Likewise the speed of TSA at Eppley is quite slow compared to many airports (that is a TSA issue that the airport itself does not control). However ease to downtown. Distance curb to gate. There are so many things that Eppley is just a model of efficiency.

Landed in Ohare a few weeks back. Usually fly delta but had to use American. The ride to the gate on the Tarmac was longer than the flight from KZoo. I am not a fan of Ohare

Eppley isn’t a great facility but Omaha’s air service is excellent for a city its size. Compared to Des Monies, Wichita, etc., Eppley looks like LAX.

The regional Lincoln-Omaha airport has been floated several times, but Omaha will never go for it. Eppley being so close to downtown is a big plus and It attracts a shit-ton of travelers from Iowa, in part because Des Moines’ air service sucks to high Heaven.

You do realize that wasn’t a smart location to put an airport in Omaha, right? You have the River so you can’t expand East. Carter Laker, so you can’t expand west. It should’ve been built around Ashland but due to some bird habitat bs they didn’t allow it.
Other than that, it is clean and easy to get in and out. So what are you looking for?
Should have done one big one between Omaha and Lincoln.

Reactions: 10Trvln
Pretty shitty. Nebraska missing big on having a nice airport. Omaha airport is so dumpy.
The Airport and roads.
Why are they so dumpy?
What's your favorite airport?

Eppley needs to go to one terminal. It will make it feel larger and give more room for restaurants and bars.

What exactly are the expectations? Why would anyone call them dumps? They are clean, well maintained, and at least Omaha is well ran. Best thing, it's small and efficient.
The last airport I flew in from was Midway in Chicago on a connecting flight. I was greeted by a display of Lori Lighfoot welcoming me to the Windy City. Yikes!
I ran into three separate piles of dog crap. Not in Chicago like outside the airport I mean inside the airport. They encourage comfort animals enough they even have rest areas for the dogs. I love dogs but it's gotten out of hand.
I guess the owners just let them poop in the walkways, shrugged their shoulders, and went on. I didn't see much, if any, custodians.
I hear O'Hare is a haven for the homeless.
Count your blessings.
I am not partial to the city but I really like the airport.
DOT updated rules several years ago now around comfort animals. Has to be a service dog or fit in a carrier under the seat in front of you.

Have you seen the brick mural on the northside of the lower level? That is a superb work of art. To design it, produce it and erect it is a marvel in itself. I love the Eppley airport as it is so easy to get in and out of as well as ease of getting a rental car. Thank God for its size. One can get really lost at Heathrow, Frankfurt or Paris' airport where they don't have enough gates to park the planes and one has to go on a shuttle for a 100 miles. Plus its so refreshing to come home and see the wide open places!!!

Reactions: Laner2
Not according to the airport's map they aren't...

I think the point the poster was trying to make is it would be ideal to have a single TSA checkpoint where you can access all food and bar options post-security regardless of which set of gates you fly out of.
Correct .. there Is an A and B side.. best to just have one large tsa checkpoint and combine it all to give it a larger feel.

The Airport and roads.
Why are they so dumpy?
I take it you’ve never been to Chicago. Omaha’s airport is great. Easy in and out and it has as much as you need. Beats the hell out of Boston’s and every other airport with endless walkways and multiple terminals. It used to take us 30 minutes or more just to get from a dropoff point to the ridiculous security lines in Boston. Thank God I don’t have to deal with that and the traffic anymore.

Usually agree with OP but in this case he is just a lost ball in high weeds!

Need to abandon both and put one out by Mead or something
I have often thought this same thing. Many cities have airports well outside of their city limits and which require a half an hour or so to get to. I see no reason why we could not have a new and large and modern airport somewhere between Lincoln and Omaha just off of I-80 that replaces both of the airports currently in operation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT