ADVERTISEMENT

Boomer Sooner

Dec 20, 2023
Now that I have your intention, I just wanted to tell y’all congrats on a great class and the momentum in the program.

When I first started watching college football as a kid, Nebraska was king and the Sooners were in the dark age of the 90s.

Even though you’re a rival, it’s always been different with Nebraska compared to Texas and OSU. It was almost like brothers fighting out and you hated losing but at the same time happy for the winner. Or that is what the rivalry meant to me.

My Dad and I were able to make the trip to Lincoln last year and had such a great time. He’s since had a lot of health problems and that trip wouldn’t be possible today. The experience in large part to you all and your hospitality made it a special trip for us that goes way beyond football. As a Sooner, Nebraska has always been very special to me.

If any fan base deserves success, it is you all and it makes me very happy to see you all on the rise. I can’t wait to watch you all win a Big Ten title in the not so distant future.

Go Big Red.

Now that I have your intention, I just wanted to tell y’all congrats on a great class and the momentum in the program.

When I first started watching college football as a kid, Nebraska was king and the Sooners were in the dark age of the 90s.

Even though you’re a rival, it’s always been different with Nebraska compared to Texas and OSU. It was almost like brothers fighting out and you hated losing but at the same time happy for the winner. Or that is what the rivalry meant to me.

My Dad and I were able to make the trip to Lincoln last year and had such a great time. He’s since had a lot of health problems and that trip wouldn’t be possible today. The experience in large part to you all and your hospitality made it a special trip for us that goes way beyond football. As a Sooner, Nebraska has always been very special to me.

If any fan base deserves success, it is you all and it makes me very happy to see you all on the rise. I can’t wait to watch you all win a Big Ten title in the not so distant future.

Go Big Red.
I was disappointed the OU didn’t want to continue the yearly rivalry, I do miss those days of the big 8. Enjoy the time you have left with your dad, my dad has been gone for almost 11 years . Thanks for the nice post you and your family have a merry Christmas

Thanks for posting. You Sooners are fortunate you only took a decade off. We, of course, have been irrelevant in college ball a lot longer than that. You must have picked up from your father our more storied rivalry days in the 70's and 80's.

You Sooners ruined more Thanksgiving weekends for me back then than I care to remember. 😂

Merry Christmas to you & your dad.

Thanks for posting. You Sooners are fortunate you only took a decade off. We, of course, have been irrelevant in college ball a lot longer than that. You must have picked up from your father our more storied rivalry days in the 70's and 80's.

You Sooners ruined more Thanksgiving weekends for me back then than I care to remember. 😂

I grew up about 2.5 hour from Norman so the drives to the games were filled with tons of stories, many of which included Nebraska. My grandpa first started with season tickets in 1973. My dad graduated in ‘83. I graduated from Ou in 2010.

When my dad was in college, he went to a game in Lincoln with his mom and dad and uncle and aunt. All these years later I’ve still never heard the full story but his uncle got arrested for public intoxication and spent a night in the drunk tank in Lincoln. This story got brought up about a year ago and my dad still wouldn’t even talk about it. The look on his face when I got brought up was probably no different than the day it happened. I crack up just thinking about.

• Haha
Reactions: SickOfPractice

Go Big Red.
We've been low and been lower than low but that OU game in Lincoln was the lowest. I sincerely apologize for you having to travel to see the most pathetic effort in human history.
No offense but that wasnt one of OU's better teams and they still could have hung a historic number on us had they chose to.
Your coach had mercy.
I remember your qb took off on a long run, just trotting along and one of NU's defenders just jogged alongside him. I mean, literally jogged. I was livid.

Reactions: ssmill777

Go Big Red.
Thanks for the kind words and Merry Christmas. PS I married a Sooner !

I suppose I’ll let this one slide. But screen names that are, say, 45 minutes old are suspicious

Especially on this board
I here ya, but usually some of the new screen names smell suspicious from the very get go..

This one doesn’t smell that way..

Go Big Red.
Two legends talking tacos. Blast from the past.

I here ya, but usually some of the new screen names smell suspicious from the very get go..

This one doesn’t smell that way..
dog slobber GIF by Clorox

When OU talks about bad times....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT