ADVERTISEMENT

Duke gets beat, fans storm court

Players shouldn't have hundreds of students running at them a second after the buzzer.

When you see the overhead replay duke player (Flip) tries to stick his foot out to trip and push a fan...and the duke dork ends up hurting himself.

Now duke coach wants to ban court storms.
It’s interesting how a D1 athlete and possibly the fan he assaulted will be the only injuries in the court storm. Not even a bruise on anyone else? Anything to deter from getting your shit shoved in by Hunter Sallis.

It’s interesting how a D1 athlete and possibly the fan he assaulted will be the only injuries in the court storm. Not even a bruise on anyone else? Anything to deter from getting your shit shoved in by Hunter Sallis.
Shocking!

This is such a good post and it is what I wish I had posted to start this thread!

SOMEHOW everyone else is fine and probably at the wake forest bars right now, tossing back beers and having a great time.

But the one dude that just had to be the doosh now tries to become the victim. No one is running out there to hurt anyone.

I hate to say it, because I love tradition and all that, but this probably has to stop. Beyond the risk of a player or fan being accidentally injured, it won't be long before we have a brawl.

I have to think the possibility of a fan being trampled to death is a concern. That young lady today hit the floor with a mass of humanity behind her.

I also think it happens waaaaaaay too much these days. A good program like Wake should be embarrassed storming the court against a good, not great Duke team. They beat them last year, ffs. In all fairness, our storm vs. Wisconsin was just as lame.

I hate to say it, because I love tradition and all that, but this probably has to stop. Beyond the risk of a player or fan being accidentally injured, it won't be long before we have a brawl.

I have to think the possibility of a fan being trampled to death is a concern. That young lady today hit the floor with a mass of humanity behind her.

I also think it happens waaaaaaay too much these days. A good program like Wake should be embarrassed storming the court against a good, not great Duke team. They beat them last year, ffs. In all fairness, our storm vs. Wisconsin was just as lame.
You can't really stop it though, so you sort of just have to keep it safe.

You can't really stop it though, so you sort of just have to keep it safe.
This will certainly be interesting to watch moving forward, especially if/as they try to curb it. I mean, fans don't storm the court at NBA games, but it probably doesn't hurt that most people near court level are millionaires, haha.

• Haha
Reactions: BTF69
This will certainly be interesting to watch moving forward, especially if/as they try to curb it. I mean, fans don't storm the court at NBA games, but it probably doesn't hurt that most people near court level are millionaires, haha.
Right?

Some hedge fund manager worth 200 million dollars rushes the court to hug some NBA dude!

Reactions: 90sman
Saw this as an idea: Honestly I say assess two technicals to the home team and you at should eliminate the buzzer beater storming. Home courts security has to be ready when the game is in hand and have penalties of revoking tickets. Those are ways if you want to be serious about it

Reactions: 90sman
just watched the video. I expected something more egregious from Filipowski the way everyone was throwing him under the bus. He should definitely not extend his arms, but damn, folks were indeed comin in hot. Surprised more fans don’t get knocked the fvck out in these situations.

just watched the video. I expected something more egregious from Filipowski the way everyone was throwing him under the bus. He should definitely not extend his arms, but damn, folks were indeed comin in hot. Surprised more fans don’t get knocked the fvck out in these situations.
I mean, all he had to do was literally nothing.

He instead decided to try and trip a fan and push the fan.

The only real next level up from that is punching the fan.

Reactions: HuskAir

This really looks like child endangerment. As my grandmother used to say, "who are the parents". Guy looks pretty familiar. But to be fair, there should be a pause for the losing team to exit or something.

You must be the same dork yelling at me to sit down during football games
I stand the entire football game in Lincoln. Fans have zero reason to be on the court the football field or the baseball diamond. And one other thing. Go Fk yourself.

Reactions: 8990
I’ll let rhule know you told him to go fvck himself for being on the court as a fan.

How often to you yell at kids to get off your lawn?
I could care less what Matt Rhule does or thinks of me on this subject. And I could care less what kids come on my lawn.The athletic fields and courts are for athletes and coaches only. Thats My opinion.

Reactions: king_kong_
I stand the entire football game in Lincoln. Fans have zero reason to be on the court the football field or the baseball diamond. And one other thing. Go Fk yourself.
Part of the game. Always has been. Stop the victim mentality weirdo. A part of what makes the college game separate from the the pros. Strange take

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT