ADVERTISEMENT

Duke gets beat, fans storm court

That’s fine, you are entitled to your opinion. Not going to bash anyone that feels that way , if you want to rush the court or field. I will be waiting to buy you a beer in the bar afterwards.
I don't think I have ever rushed the field or court. Not that I can remember anyway.

I have seen the goalpost up in the The Rail in Lincoln on O Street...ripped down from Memorial stadium in like 92?

The ****ing memories those fans must have...

So in the past 50, or so, years of fans storming a BB court or FB field about the only time something ever happened that people remember is Kellen Huston. The only other memories of any incidence is when a player initiated it. 99.9% of the time it is harmless fun.

Kansas State stormed the court a number of years back after beating KU. One of their fans clearly body-checked a KU player on purpose. Surprised he didn't get his face caved in. He did get ticketed by the po-po though.
I think the conference even passed a 'no-storming-the-court' rule after that incident.

Every time I hear somebody get that saying incorrect, I say to them “so you do care”.
Except the "could care less" has been found in publication back in the 19th century, earlier than "couldn't". The operating assumption by a lot of people was it has a note of extra intended sarcasm.

• Wow
Reactions: arf_man
Flopowski can try to take a charge from a 7 ft 240 LB. Center but can’t take contact from a pimple faced 160 LB 5’8 freshman IT major. GTFO.

ESPN and soft college basketball coaches have been crying all year about something that’s been going on in the game for ever. They got their “see what happened” moment. Snow flake cry babies. Hopefully Flopowski lives. Geeze I bet he misses zero time and ESPN talks about how “courages he is” for coming back to play right away.

From the angles posted here that court-storming looked aggressive & dangerous for both players & fans.

I'm sure we'll be seeing & hearing more about this one.

My two cents: Security should be in attendance in sufficient force to prevent the court being rushed until the players and coaches have a chance to exit the court. Any student who violates that policy would be subject to expulsion from the university. I have been on my university's disciplinary board and dealt with this very issue. We suspended five or six students over the years for coming onto the basketball court before it was allowed.

My two cents: Security should be in attendance in sufficient force to prevent the court being rushed until the players and coaches have a chance to exit the court. Any student who violates that policy would be subject to expulsion from the university. I have been on my university's disciplinary board and dealt with this very issue. We suspended five or six students over the years for coming onto the basketball court before it was allowed.
Must make you feel like a big man

Yet,most reported sexual assault cases have zero consequences on campus.

Good news is, the school can report how they have cracked down on those dastardly kids that went on the court!

Reactions: Streamer15
Jeesh, let the kids have their fun
Bunch a crybabies in this thread.
Sad Breakfast Club GIF

You can enact the laws all you want but five years down the road it will be “Security Guard hurt trying to prevent students from storming the court!” “Are the laws in place safe?”

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Seems like if the players would just walk off the court like a normal human everything would be fine. Most of these players are twice the size of the fans. If I have to go against the crowd at a football game or a concert I don't run as fast as I can or start instigating contact with people. That would be crazy.

I didn’t see Wake’s football coach or AD storm the court. Nor did I see Creighton’s AD rushing the court when they beat UConn

Probably because they are huge losers
Probably. They wear suits to ****ing games.

The Jay's AD also hates Mac, sooo.

Reactions: V-Doub
Thanks Dean Wormer for the input. Maybe they could go on secret double probation? I mean I know these kids in college were part of the “helicopter parent” generation but dam, you’d think it would go away when they went to college. Let the kids live a little.

The point about storming the court is to show emotions and living in the moment. Being young and free and maybe living a little crazy. Not structure and organization. Like seriously should they have fans storm the court in a single file? Or maybe storm the court the next day after the players are safe. Some old farts forget what it’s like to be young.

Check out this angle. Who initiated?

I don't see how anyone can say he stuck his foot out to trip anyone. The dude put his arms out to shove the kid running at him and taunting him. Pretty sure most here would've put their arms out and pushed their way through a big crowd running at them. Is your suggestion that he politely stands still and waits for everyone to clear and just hope no one runs into him? Watch the full speed version of the overhead shot and tell me you wouldn't be worried about getting run over... they weren't walking on to the court.

I don't see how anyone can say he stuck his foot out to trip anyone. The dude put his arms out to shove the kid running at him and taunting him. Pretty sure most here would've put their arms out and pushed their way through a big crowd running at them. Is your suggestion that he politely stands still and waits for everyone to clear and just hope no one runs into him? Watch the full speed version of the overhead shot and tell me you wouldn't be worried about getting run over... they weren't walking on to the court.
The dude is listed at 7' 250. It isn't he was Muggsy Bogues size. I think he would have been fine just normally walking off the court. Same for that women's player from Iowa. Walk off normal instead of running full speed at random fans and everything will be fine.

I don't think I have ever rushed the field or court. Not that I can remember anyway.

I have seen the goalpost up in the The Rail in Lincoln on O Street...ripped down from Memorial stadium in like 92?

The ****ing memories those fans must have...
I was there. That was me heading to o street

• Love
Reactions: BTF69

Standing in 1 place to let everyone go by is the best thing a person can do. Moving opposite or perpendicular to the flow is when sh*t can happen. Not 1 single fan had any interest in the dookie player. They just wanted to get to their own team. Stand still for 10 seconds and he could have walked off the court unseen.

Reactions: Huskers123456
Oh great. Now we have Duke trolls on our board. I didn’t have that on my bingo card

Must make you feel like a big man
**** off. We instituted the policy after a player from a visiting team got knifed in the back by one of our student "fans" during a court storming after a big win. We also had a game where a huge fight broke out at midcourt and a referee got caught up in the mayhem and knocked unconscious. Both of those incidents resulted in criminal charges. But we also put in place measures to make sure crap like that did not have a chance to happen.

Nitwits on this board who think that in this day and age it really is just "young people having fun" are the real old fogeys who are out of touch with reality and think this is 1955 where a bunch of young guys with sweater vests and crew cuts are throwing their malteds at the refs. Times have changed. And universities that do not get a handle on this are just begging for a fecking blizzard of lawsuits which will sue them into oblivion.

Reactions: LBremser
NU did that. Had a corridor so visiting team could exit AND allowed fans to storm the court and celebrate with the team simultaneously. Not an issue

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Standing in 1 place to let everyone go by is the best thing a person can do. Moving opposite or perpendicular to the flow is when sh*t can happen. Not 1 single fan had any interest in the dookie player. They just wanted to get to their own team. Stand still for 10 seconds and he could have walked off the court unseen.
That was not a ten second crowd. The guy he shoved seemed to have plenty of interest in talking crap to him as he ran by.

This situation was very different from Clark, as it was a legit swarm of people all moving quite quickly. You're told as a player to get off the floor as quickly as possible in these situation. Typically nothing good happens when you're an opposing player in a large crowd of the opponents student body.

**** off. We instituted the policy after a player from a visiting team got knifed in the back by one of our student "fans" during a court storming after a big win. We also had a game where a huge fight broke out at midcourt and a referee got caught up in the mayhem and knocked unconscious. Both of those incidents resulted in criminal charges. But we also put in place measures to make sure crap like that did not have a chance to happen.

Nitwits on this board who think that in this day and age it really is just "young people having fun" are the real old fogeys who are out of touch with reality and think this is 1955 where a bunch of young guys with sweater vests and crew cuts are throwing their malteds at the refs. Times have changed. And universities that do not get a handle on this are just begging for a fecking blizzard of lawsuits which will sue them into oblivion.
Kindly go faq yourself. You want to expel kids for storming the court. Tell me you have a micropenis without telling me you have a micropenis. My condolences to your wife

Seems to me there was a lengthy thread about Clark “flopping” when someone knocked her down but I don’t see anyone claiming the Duke player flopped. Must be a woman thing on this board!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT