ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 refs 🤡

They’re starting to streamline and speed up reviews. The “command center” is positive step and will continue to speed up reviews. My point… we need to review more plays and certain flags. Certain things are clear, offsides, illegal formation, illegal man down field, block in the back, illegal motion, intentional grounding, illegal forward pass, face mask, kick catch interference etc… a few of these calls can be reviewed, but I think they all should be.

If we firmly believe the players actions (plays) should be reviewed, why should the referees’ decisions not be reviewed? People act like it’s some sort of sacrilege to review flags, why? If we can do it quickly and efficiently, why shouldn’t we review the refs? JMO…

They’re starting to streamline and speed up reviews. The “command center” is positive step and will continue to speed up reviews. My point… we need to review more plays and certain flags. Certain things are clear, offsides, illegal formation, illegal man down field, block in the back, illegal motion, intentional grounding, illegal forward pass, face mask, kick catch interference etc… a few of these calls can be reviewed, but I think they all should be.

If we firmly believe the players actions (plays) should be reviewed, why should the referees’ decisions not be reviewed? People act like it’s some sort of sacrilege to review flags, why? If we can do it quickly and efficiently, why shouldn’t we review the refs? JMO…
This. Referees decisions must be reviewed to stop this subjectivity and nonsense. We have the technology. It still won’t make it perfect but what we have now is a $hit show.

OP is right.. I've never seen worse officiating in my 40 years of watching college football.
Did you watch the Nebraska ill game? I think ill had two penalties nebr 10 , I will say Penn st and ill the penalties numbers were about the same for each team. One rule that needs to be changed is when a receiver catches the ball comes down with his feet inbounds but when he is tackled in the end zone and the db wrestles it away its a int, now remember all the running back has to do is break the plane it’s a touchdown play is done

Some teams get calls, others don't. Do you think Michigan would be offsides if the positions were reversed? I do not.
I still remember Nash getting tackled around the waste twice after breaking through the line while rushing McCartney last year. Neither time got called. It's pretty tough to miss big #0 in the center of the line getting tackled right in front of the QB.

The command center should be a disinterested 3rd party and NOT the b1g. Otherwise you'll continue to get the same result

And it's not football either. Watched Oregon/Indiana volleyball last night, Indiana challenged a touch on the ball that went out of bounds according to line judge. Watched replay over and over, no touch but clearly ball landed in bounds. Even announcers said this will be overturned. Nope, ref said no touch, ball out of bounds. Even announcers were stunned. Comical.

Reactions: FissionReaction
Glad to see someone interested. But, I must have missed the outrage when Nebraska was completely screwed against Michigan. "Joint possession", "Disconcerning Signals", and a fumble WAY after the play that decided the game.

Last edited:
Was the guy offsides or not? The narration said it was close enough to not call. What kind of sense does that make? Either he was or he wasn’t. You could second guess every call with the “close enough” label.

I don’t think refs are in the tank for or against anyone. They have an extremely difficult job, this game moves quickly. We may not have the best people out there with DEI hires.

For every blown call fans get worked up about, there were several more that went their teams way that didn’t called.

Reactions: Enrozes
Was the guy offsides or not? The narration said it was close enough to not call. What kind of sense does that make? Either he was or he wasn’t. You could second guess every call with the “close enough” label.

I don’t think refs are in the tank for or against anyone. They have an extremely difficult job, this game moves quickly. We may not have the best people out there with DEI hires.

For every blown call fans get worked up about, there were several more that went their teams way that didn’t called.
Thats the only thing that irks me about the replay. It has to be indisputable to overturn. BS either it’s a catch or no catch. Either the receiver is in or out. Etc… I liked Don Mattinglys response on replay when he was managing the Marlins. He said the people watching the replay should not know the call on the field . They should make a call by what they see . And then that is the call .

USC fans threw an absolute fit after the Michigan game... It's my hope that with the new Power teams coming in from the PAC that this will be exposed on an exponential level... We heard all about how Penn State got the shaft when they came in and and Nebraska has been dealing with this garbage since they joined... USC & OR are media darlings with really good teams, Let's hope that forces change

USC fans threw an absolute fit after the Michigan game... It's my hope that with the new Power teams coming in from the PAC that this will be exposed on an exponential level... We heard all about how Penn State got the shaft when they came in and and Nebraska has been dealing with this garbage since they joined... USC & OR are media darlings with really good teams, Let's hope that forces change

Let's hope so.

USC was so pissed Michigan wasn't called for a hold all game. We went three years without a B1G opponent called for holding.

No he wasn't and the refs continue to suck. You don't make that call in that situation unless its so egregious you have to. Guys are offsides on KO all of the time. It's never call unless its egregious.

Big 10 officiating is absolute shit and needs to be called out.

Is it against the law to pick up a flag? That call against Fidone was a put the flag back in your pocket play. Did any of the other zebras have eyes on that non-foul? Jay Foreman said the ref was calling that penalty before the alleged infraction even occurred.

Google search shows refs make $24-$36k/year to ref. The league has tons of cash, they need to get good full time refs.

Google search shows refs make $24-$36k/year to ref. The league has tons of cash, they need to get good full time refs.
If someone thinks they aren't getting paid on the side to call games certain ways by Vegas then they aren't very bright. It is 100% happening and has been for a long time.

The B1G also for some reason hired the PAC refs who were known as the worst in the country to begin with.

It's the timing of the calls, though. Missing a holding with 2 minutes left up 28 is meaningless, calling an INT wrong in a tight game is really impactful.

Reactions: Zeke2005
Let's hope so.

USC was so pissed Michigan wasn't called for a hold all game. We went three years without a B1G opponent called for holding.
This is the type of thing that sticks out. It's statistically impossible. And blatantly unfair but week after week it continued.

Reactions: headcard
No he wasn't and the refs continue to suck. You don't make that call in that situation unless its so egregious you have to. Guys are offsides on KO all of the time. It's never call unless its egregious.

Big 10 officiating is absolute shit and needs to be called out.
I didn’t get a positive if he was off side or not in the linked video. The guy said it was hard to tell from that angle which I agree but he also said either way you don’t call it. Fans can’t have it both ways. I have seen enough HS and small college ball to understand where you are coming from. Here is the rub, it was an onside kick so even a foot would give an edge whereas if you were kicking deep, you might not call it. The fact is no one or not a single camera has a better angle than the ref. Agree or not?

I would also say that 99% of us fans don’t know all rules but think we do. Like it is legal to hold but we are all experts in hindsight.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I didn’t get a positive if he was off side or not in the linked video. The guy said it was hard to tell from that angle which I agree but he also said either way you don’t call it. Fans can’t have it both ways. I have seen enough HS and small college ball to understand where you are coming from. Here is the rub, it was an onside kick so even a foot would give an edge whereas if you were kicking deep, you might not call it. The fact is no one or not a single camera has a better angle than the ref. Agree or not?

I would also say that 99% of us fans don’t know all rules but think we do. Like it is legal to hold but we are all experts in hindsight.
They changed the positioning of the refs after the fact to ensure a better angle

Meaning the refs couldn’t see, either

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT