ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 refs 🤡

They’re starting to streamline and speed up reviews. The “command center” is positive step and will continue to speed up reviews. My point… we need to review more plays and certain flags. Certain things are clear, offsides, illegal formation, illegal man down field, block in the back, illegal motion, intentional grounding, illegal forward pass, face mask, kick catch interference etc… a few of these calls can be reviewed, but I think they all should be.

If we firmly believe the players actions (plays) should be reviewed, why should the referees’ decisions not be reviewed? People act like it’s some sort of sacrilege to review flags, why? If we can do it quickly and efficiently, why shouldn’t we review the refs? JMO…

They’re starting to streamline and speed up reviews. The “command center” is positive step and will continue to speed up reviews. My point… we need to review more plays and certain flags. Certain things are clear, offsides, illegal formation, illegal man down field, block in the back, illegal motion, intentional grounding, illegal forward pass, face mask, kick catch interference etc… a few of these calls can be reviewed, but I think they all should be.

If we firmly believe the players actions (plays) should be reviewed, why should the referees’ decisions not be reviewed? People act like it’s some sort of sacrilege to review flags, why? If we can do it quickly and efficiently, why shouldn’t we review the refs? JMO…
This. Referees decisions must be reviewed to stop this subjectivity and nonsense. We have the technology. It still won’t make it perfect but what we have now is a $hit show.

OP is right.. I've never seen worse officiating in my 40 years of watching college football.
Did you watch the Nebraska ill game? I think ill had two penalties nebr 10 , I will say Penn st and ill the penalties numbers were about the same for each team. One rule that needs to be changed is when a receiver catches the ball comes down with his feet inbounds but when he is tackled in the end zone and the db wrestles it away its a int, now remember all the running back has to do is break the plane it’s a touchdown play is done

Some teams get calls, others don't. Do you think Michigan would be offsides if the positions were reversed? I do not.
I still remember Nash getting tackled around the waste twice after breaking through the line while rushing McCartney last year. Neither time got called. It's pretty tough to miss big #0 in the center of the line getting tackled right in front of the QB.

The command center should be a disinterested 3rd party and NOT the b1g. Otherwise you'll continue to get the same result

And it's not football either. Watched Oregon/Indiana volleyball last night, Indiana challenged a touch on the ball that went out of bounds according to line judge. Watched replay over and over, no touch but clearly ball landed in bounds. Even announcers said this will be overturned. Nope, ref said no touch, ball out of bounds. Even announcers were stunned. Comical.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT