ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 preseason media poll

Agree. They got destroyed anytime they played a legit offense.
When you are playing Minny, PU, Illinois, MD, Rutgers, Indiana and so on...you are going to have low scoring games, those teams suck...

Iowa is 100% lumped in with those teams they just decided about 10 years ago to get even MORE conservative on offense and on defense because they realized that the other teams suck so bad that they would eventually be worse than Iowa if Iowa just did nothing at all. There is a reason you see iowa punting from the other teams 40 yard line. Why give those other teams any chance at all when you know they will just **** up.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Want to bet? They didn’t somehow get worse than last year.
You don’t have to get worse to have a worse record. Wisconsin this year has a tough schedule but may end up the same or worse than last year eve.n if they improve.

Take Iowa for example - they will probably look just fine because they have a weak schedule. Then when they get smashed by O St and in the bowl game Iowa fans will be confused again as to why their defense isn’t as awesome as they think.

You don’t have to get worse to have a worse record. Wisconsin this year has a tough schedule but may end up the same or worse than last year eve.n if they improve.

Take Iowa for example - they will probably look just fine because they have a weak schedule. Then when they get smashed by O St and in the bowl game Iowa fans will be confused again as to why their defense isn’t as awesome as they think.
I know. But there is almost a zero percent chance Purdue loses 11 straight. I have them at 4-5. Higher chance of 6 before 3. This team should be a lot better, but schedule is tough. I should add the caveat, if Card is hurt again this year, then it could get ugly, but the oline looks to be 2 deep without a ton of drop off vs last years 8 different lineups and moving the starting C to RT because the 3rd string C is better than the 3rd string RT. So don’t expect it.

Ehhhh, I disgree. Their defense was the same as NU's last year. It is easy to have a "good D" when you play teams that suck on offense and are doing everything they can to shorten the game.
Exactly, and Nebraska, who lost by 3 to that “championship D” last year, did not have close to a championship offense.
I know you shouldn’t do the comparison bit, but…

Reactions: BTF69
Yes!

The bet is...if they win 3 or more...I will NEVER post on the Purdue board.

If they win 3 or less, you will NEVER post here again.

If they win 3...you can keep posting here
He will never take this bet. The boiler guy and @SWIowahawks, @19Football19 and @AVeritas cannot stop obsessing over the good ole Husker board. Feel free to chime if I forgot a few

Yes!

The bet is...if they win 3 or more...I will NEVER post on the Purdue board.

If they win 3 or less, you will NEVER post here again.

If they win 3...you can keep posting here
No. I want the 11 straight losses. Since you think there is a good chance that happens. Which would require Purdue to lose 6 50/50 games and not pull an upset on ND. I’d also like to hear your reasoning.

No. I want the 11 straight losses. Since you think there is a good chance that happens. Which would require Purdue to lose 6 50/50 games and not pull an upset on ND. I’d also like to hear your reasoning.
My reasoning is that you have a terrible coach and bad players.

I literally took that information from the most recent Phil Steele magazine.

My reasoning is that you have a terrible coach and bad players.

I literally took that information from the most recent Phil Steele magazine.
Hard to say Walter’s is terrible. Not enough evidence. Hard to say the players are bad when little is known about them. I can say Purdue has a good QB, really good RB, one of the best pass rushers, and one of the best safeties. I’m sure they will have more good players. Hard to be worse than last year.

I literally took that from watching the team last year and the spring game. I don’t need Phil to show he knows little about the team. Which, he doesn’t, because you and I don’t either.

Hard to say Walter’s is terrible. Not enough evidence. Hard to say the players are bad when little is known about them. I can say Purdue has a good QB, really good RB, one of the best pass rushers, and one of the best safeties. I’m sure they will have more good players. Hard to be worse than last year.

I literally took that from watching the team last year and the spring game. I don’t need Phil to show he knows little about the team. Which, he doesn’t, because you and I don’t either.
Your team is going to be outscored by an average of 21 points this year.

The key to this season is whether the coaching staff improves its game management. The Huskers were 5-3 last year and easily could have won any of the last 4 games.
But we didn’t. We are who our record says we are. I don’t worry about what a fan says on a message board about their team. I expect them to be homers and a lot like our fans, unrealistic at times.

How bad PU is at football.

Will they even be favored in more than 3 games this year?
How bad is Purdue? More wins than Nebraska last three years. The one bad year was in a major rebuilding year with a rookie HC.

How bad is Purdue? More wins than Nebraska last three years. The one bad year was in a major rebuilding year with a rookie HC.
Cool. Glad you want to talk about the worst teams NU has ever had. You are Purdue, even if you ever got to be decent no one gives a shit. No one literally cares about Purdue outside of your small fanbase.

Cool. Glad you want to talk about the worst teams NU has ever had. You are Purdue, even if you ever got to be decent no one gives a shit. No one literally cares about Purdue outside of your small fanbase.
The one that dominated national championship attendance and drank the bars dry? That small one? But I agree, Purdue football has been a roller coaster of good and bad.

The one that dominated national championship attendance and drank the bars dry? That small one? But I agree, Purdue football has been a roller coaster of good and bad.
You are talking the wrong sport and it isn't that hard to fill a basketball stadium. Your argument once again falls flat. We are talking Purdue football and no one gives a shit. All schools drink bars dry when they are in a title game. This isn't anything new either...

Wisky is horrible
Iowa is horrible but that schedule sucks again
Indiana is going to suck (and quit)
Minny is quitting for sure.
Based on most recent years those things won’t mean much, they’d score a win over Nebraska. Remember the year Northwestern won a single game and it was over us? Until we can change those results, those teams we may describe a terrible, sucking, etc all look at Nebraska as a really good chance to pick up a win.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
You are talking the wrong sport and it isn't that hard to fill a basketball stadium. Your argument once again falls flat. We are talking Purdue football and no one gives a shit. All schools drink bars dry when they are in a title game. This isn't anything new either...
They didn’t play the final 4 in a 71k basketball stadium. It was played in a football stadium like every final 4. But maybe we can discuss highest season football ticket sales since 2008 for this season?

And no, the UConn bars in Arizona were flowing well at the final 4.

They didn’t play the final 4 in a 71k basketball stadium. It was played in a football stadium like every final 4. But maybe we can discuss highest season football ticket sales since 2008 for this season?

And no, the UConn bars in Arizona were flowing well at the final 4.
First time at a Natty? Literally every time I have gone to a title game all hotels and restaurants have the same issue. They all sell out because people are looking to get ****ed up. This is super common. Hell bars were running out of drinks at an Alamo Bowl game in college I went to. Not that hard. Also, who cares about your season tickets? You're 62K stadium with horrible turf isn't a tough place to play and is not a tough ticket. Probably by game 3 it'll be half full. If you were talking Purdue basketball I'm all ears. Purdue football is the equivalent of Nebraska Basketball. Usually horrible with some periods of ok play. Doesn't matter the message board you go to, if you pump Purdue football you probably will get the same response. No one cares and you've never been relevant. The best shot you had for it left in Brohm.

First time at a Natty? Literally every time I have gone to a title game all hotels and restaurants have the same issue. They all sell out because people are looking to get ****ed up. This is super common. Hell bars were running out of drinks at an Alamo Bowl game in college I went to. Not that hard. Also, who cares about your season tickets? You're 62K stadium with horrible turf isn't a tough place to play and is not a tough ticket. Probably by game 3 it'll be half full. If you were talking Purdue basketball I'm all ears. Purdue football is the equivalent of Nebraska Basketball. Usually horrible with some periods of ok play. Doesn't matter the message board you go to, if you pump Purdue football you probably will get the same response. No one cares and you've never been relevant. The best shot you had for it left in Brohm.
Two questions. One, what makes the turf bad? 2. What evidence do you have that people will quit showing up?

And not sure I agree. Purdue was crap last year because Brohm was terrible at recruiting and left a complete rebuild. His only recruiting success was people that had connections to Purdue or him. Brohm wins 4 games with last years team. You claim Purdue is done now, so 3 questions. Why can’t Walter’s win? He’s done more good than bad so far.

WOW, we have come a long way from 1 me asking why Purdue is likely to lose 11 straight to get some substance behind that claim.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT