ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 preseason media poll

Agree. They got destroyed anytime they played a legit offense.
When you are playing Minny, PU, Illinois, MD, Rutgers, Indiana and so on...you are going to have low scoring games, those teams suck...

Iowa is 100% lumped in with those teams they just decided about 10 years ago to get even MORE conservative on offense and on defense because they realized that the other teams suck so bad that they would eventually be worse than Iowa if Iowa just did nothing at all. There is a reason you see iowa punting from the other teams 40 yard line. Why give those other teams any chance at all when you know they will just **** up.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Want to bet? They didn’t somehow get worse than last year.
You don’t have to get worse to have a worse record. Wisconsin this year has a tough schedule but may end up the same or worse than last year eve.n if they improve.

Take Iowa for example - they will probably look just fine because they have a weak schedule. Then when they get smashed by O St and in the bowl game Iowa fans will be confused again as to why their defense isn’t as awesome as they think.

• Love
Reactions: BTF69
You don’t have to get worse to have a worse record. Wisconsin this year has a tough schedule but may end up the same or worse than last year eve.n if they improve.

Take Iowa for example - they will probably look just fine because they have a weak schedule. Then when they get smashed by O St and in the bowl game Iowa fans will be confused again as to why their defense isn’t as awesome as they think.
I know. But there is almost a zero percent chance Purdue loses 11 straight. I have them at 4-5. Higher chance of 6 before 3. This team should be a lot better, but schedule is tough. I should add the caveat, if Card is hurt again this year, then it could get ugly, but the oline looks to be 2 deep without a ton of drop off vs last years 8 different lineups and moving the starting C to RT because the 3rd string C is better than the 3rd string RT. So don’t expect it.

Ehhhh, I disgree. Their defense was the same as NU's last year. It is easy to have a "good D" when you play teams that suck on offense and are doing everything they can to shorten the game.
Exactly, and Nebraska, who lost by 3 to that “championship D” last year, did not have close to a championship offense.
I know you shouldn’t do the comparison bit, but…

Reactions: BTF69
Yes!

The bet is...if they win 3 or more...I will NEVER post on the Purdue board.

If they win 3 or less, you will NEVER post here again.

If they win 3...you can keep posting here
He will never take this bet. The boiler guy and @SWIowahawks, @19Football19 and @AVeritas cannot stop obsessing over the good ole Husker board. Feel free to chime if I forgot a few

Yes!

The bet is...if they win 3 or more...I will NEVER post on the Purdue board.

If they win 3 or less, you will NEVER post here again.

If they win 3...you can keep posting here
No. I want the 11 straight losses. Since you think there is a good chance that happens. Which would require Purdue to lose 6 50/50 games and not pull an upset on ND. I’d also like to hear your reasoning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT