ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 adding FSU?

it seems inevitable that the acc breaks up. when partners don't want to be in it, the enterprise is ultimately doomed. three 20-team conferences makes a lot of sense as things have now unfolded and seem to be headed. two (40 schools) would have left out too many solid programs, most of the existing b12 and many in the acc.

it seems inevitable that the acc breaks up. when partners don't want to be in it, the enterprise is ultimately doomed. three 20-team conferences makes a lot of sense as things have unfold. two (40 schools) would have left out too many solid programs, most of the existing b12 and many in the acc.
Take a hike K-St/ Clarkeyes thread is the only opinion we want from your pathetic posts.

it seems inevitable that the acc breaks up. when partners don't want to be in it, the enterprise is ultimately doomed. three 20-team conferences makes a lot of sense as things have now unfolded and seem to be headed. two (40 schools) would have left out too many solid programs, most of the existing b12 and many in the acc.
I used to think that (20) . Have you listened to wildute podcast/YouTube video on his thoughts from a big12 point of view??

By your first sentence, you have finally caught up to what was being discussed on here almost a month ago. It's easy to be in denial at first.

I think it goes to 24 teams

I used to think that (20) . Have you listened to wildute podcast/YouTube video on his thoughts from a big12 point of view??

By your first sentence, you have finally caught up to what was being discussed on here almost a month ago. It's easy to be in denial at first.

I think it goes to 24 teams
i really have no clue what wildute podcast you are referencing. it's just my view that this is ultimately headed for three 20-team conferences. and i have felt that way for some time now. years ago it was my view that the two arizona schools would ultimately end in the b12. i didn't foresee the p12 dissolving though. that was an awful outcome, wasn't it.

Last edited:
a Big 12/ACC merger would actually be a pretty fun conference to watch.

could be like the new PAC, tons of teams with potential to run the table, exciting games.

false. it will be three. the b12 will add pitt, nc state, louisville, and the like. three 20-team or more super conferences all buying players in an nfl light model and acting otherwise.
Good God. They can add all they want but it comes down to TV MONEY AND eyeballs. Right now, with the addition of USC, Oregon, UCLA and Washington, the B1G controls 53% of all the markets in the country and that will expand in the next few years. It's not that hard

Good God. They can add all they want but it comes down to TV MONEY AND eyeballs. Right now, with the addition of USC, Oregon, UCLA and Washington, the B1G controls 53% of all the markets in the country and that will expand in the next few years. It's not that hard
if one's focus is money, measuring everything by that metric, you are quite right. however, if it is fan enjoyment and program success, history tells us you are wrong. N's rival is now iowa. we are measured by the company we keep, so to speak.

9b61fec1c65264f12d3e817cdd7388bd.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 250vertical
if one's focus is money, measuring everything by that metric, you are quite right. however, if it is fan enjoyment and program success, history tells us you are wrong. N's rival is now iowa. we are measured by the company we keep, so to speak.

9b61fec1c65264f12d3e817cdd7388bd.jpg
I get what you're saying but it's a different CF game right now and survival will boil down to MONEY. Not arguing that many of the bigtime CF rivalries of the past decades are sorely missed and a few involved Nebraska. Just saying that TV money-profit is the controlling factor today and there's no sense of living in the past. I used to really look forward to that Nebraska - Oklahoma games of the past but it's history.

There's a reason Nebraska jumped at the chance to leave the B1g 12 and get into the B1G ----- $$$$$$

I get what you're saying but it's a different CF game right now and survival will boil down to MONEY. Not arguing that many of the bigtime CF rivalries of the past decades are sorely missed and a few involved Nebraska. Just saying that TV money-profit is the controlling factor today and there's no sense of living in the past. I used to really look forward to that Nebraska - Oklahoma games of the past but it's history.
not to belabor the point but now you look forward iowa and minnesota in the same way? i doubt that. you're happy only because your balance sheet should look healthy. i'm not sure if it is or isn't, but should be. but not because nebraska football is better, more exciting or valued by anyone.

i really have no clue what wildute podcast you are referencing. it's just my view that this is ultimately headed for three 20-team conferences. and i have felt that way for some time now. years ago it was my view that the two arizona schools would ultimately end in the b12. i didn't foresee the p12 dissolving though. that was an awful outcome, wasn't it.
Yeah, the Power 2 and the Empty 12.

not to belabor the point but now you look forward iowa and minnesota in the same way? i doubt that. you're happy only because your balance sheet should look healthy. i'm not sure if it is or isn't, but should be. but not because nebraska football is better, more exciting or valued by anyone.
Of course not. Those games aren't even close to those massive OK-Nebraska games of decades ago. Just saying "it is what it is" today and no sense of living in the past. It boils down to $$$$$ .....like it or not

You can see where this is headed. Best ACC teams head to B1G and SEC. Leftovers of the ACC merge into the Big 12. This outcome is financially advantageous for all of the ACC schools. Not as good for the ones heading to a merger with the Big 12 but likely better than the current ACC.

You can see where this is headed. Best ACC teams head to B1G and SEC. Leftovers of the ACC merge into the Big 12. This outcome is financially advantageous for all of the ACC schools. Not as good for the ones heading to a merger with the Big 12 but likely better than the current ACC.
i really doubt the acc's boston college, syracuse, wake, and perhaps others find a home in p3, i.e. the b10, b12, or sec.

I think the SEC and the B1G eventually go to 24 and the Big 12 can be relegated down to G5.

that's absolute bullshit. last year's tcu/k-state b12 championship vastly outdrew this year's with texas. it also outdrew all the other conference championships on a look in basis. it's about the quality of game as well as the schools at play.
It's also about consistency. Texas consistently draws more viewers than either TCU or Kansas State.

i really doubt the acc's boston college, syracuse, wake, and perhaps others find a home in p3, i.e. the b10, b12, or sec.
Teams will either be in B1G/SEC, or not. That will be Tier 1. But the Big 12 wont be in a Tier 2 while ACC leftovers, MWC, and other G5 teams will be in Tier 3. They will all be Tier 3, and there will be no Tier 2. If that’s not clear to you now, it will be eventually.

three 20-team conferences makes a lot of sense
And as usual, I'll be in the minority I suppose. Plenty in the media and everyone else benefiting from the money faucet who would agree with you. But I think two or three 20 team conferences makes zero sense. Given the mindset of the rabid fan bases, each year only one team out of 20 in a conference will have a successful season with maybe three more feel good stories. The rest will be miserable failures. Time to "A&M" the situation. "Fire them all!" will be the yearly mantra.

I saw a reddit thread yesterday that talked about one conference possibly the B1G getting so big that it adds a lot of the teams from the Big 12 and ACC. Then splitting them back into the old school regional divisions to bring back old rivarlies. Then you can have the pac-12 teams playing each other and the old big 8 schools back again. Plus the west virgina - Pittsburgh for the backyard brawl on the east coast.

That would be the only hope of bringing back some form of college football to make it look less like the NFL. I don't see it happening because the networks and top schools would have to share money with lower tier schools and they don't want to do that.

Reactions: sparky62
And as usual, I'll be in the minority I suppose. Plenty in the media and everyone else benefiting from the money faucet who would agree with you. But I think two or three 20 team conferences makes zero sense. Given the mindset of the rabid fan bases, each year only one team out of 20 in a conference will have a successful season with maybe three more feel good stories. The rest will be miserable failures. Time to "A&M" the situation. "Fire them all!" will be the yearly mantra.
beyond ohio state, penn state and michigan - "fire them all"?

Surely Miami could do better than the Big 12.
yes, i've not seen miami linked to the b12 before. that's why i questioned the post. but as a private school, there's some dna for it, i guess. plus, their football tradition is as stale as you know who's.

Surely Miami could do better than the Big 12.
It's a matter of if the B1G and SEC have limits to how much they want to expand. Miami is relatively good but not at the top of their lists. If the ACC collapses there may be no other place for them to land other than the Big 12.

It's a matter of if the B1G and SEC have limits to how much they want to expand. Miami is relatively good but not at the top of their lists. If the ACC collapses there may be no other place for them to land other than the Big 12.
I would take Miami over Virginia any day.

I would take Miami over Virginia any day.
I'm guessing the B1G takes neither. They'll take FSU and if they ever change their mind, Notre Dame to get to 20. Unlikely though that Notre Dame changes their mind now that the playoffs are expanded so North Carolina is more likely as a partner with FSU IMO.

Power 4 Football Conferences (20 Teams apiece) are going to look like this IMO

Big 10

Florida State
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Maryland
Michigan
Michigan St
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Notre Dame (or North Carolina)
Ohio St
Oregon
Penn St
Purdue
Rutgers
UCLA
USC
Washigton
Wisconsin

SEC

Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Clemson
Florida
Georgia
Georgia Tech
LSU
Miami
Mississippi
Mississippi St
Missouri
Oklahoma
Pittsburg
Tennessee
Texas
Texas A&M
Vanderbilt
Virginia
Virginia Tech

Big 12

Arizona
Arizona St
Baylor
Boise St
BYU
Cincinnati
Colorado
Fresno St
Houston
Iowa St
Kansas
Kansas St
Oklahoma St
Oregon St
TCU
Texas Tech
UCF
Utah
Washington St
West Virginia

ACC

Boston College
Cal
Colorado St
Duke
Florida Atlantic
Louisville
Memphis
Nevada
North Carolina (or Notre Dame)
North Carolina St
SMU
Stanford
Syracuse
Temple
Tulane
Tulsa
UNLV
USF
Utah St
Wake Forest

Edit: They will have to rename the Big 10 to Big 20... SEC stays the same... ACC to CCC (Coast to Coast Conference)... Big 12 to Little 20 or realistically Midlands Conference MLC

Last edited:

Big 10

Florida State
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Maryland
Michigan
Michigan St
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Ohio St
Oregon
Penn St
Purdue
Rutgers
UCLA
USC
Washigton
Wisconsin

SEC

Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Clemson
Florida
Georgia
Georgia Tech
LSU
Miami
Mississippi
Mississippi St
Missouri
Oklahoma
Pittsburg
Tennessee
Texas
Texas A&M
Vanderbilt
Virginia
Virginia Tech

Big 12

Arizona
Arizona St
Baylor
Boise St
BYU
Cincinnati
Colorado
Fresno St
Houston
Iowa St
Kansas
Kansas St
Oklahoma St
Oregon St
TCU
Texas Tech
UCF
Utah
Washington St
West Virginia

ACC

Boston College
Cal
Colorado St
Duke
Florida Atlantic
Louisville
Memphis
Nevada
North Carolina St
SMU
Stanford
Syracuse
Temple
Tulane
Tulsa
UNLV
USF
Utah St
Wake Forest

Edit: They will have to rename the Big 10 to Big 20... SEC stays the same... ACC to CCC (Coast to Coast Conference)... Big 12 to Little 20 or realistically Midlands Conference MLC

Malaysiamoji Yes GIF by Maxis

Fvck it, I’m on board for this. About as good or better than any other model out there.

Edit: Not sure about the renaming conferences part, but the model is solid otherwise. N

Big 10

Florida State
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Maryland
Michigan
Michigan St
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Ohio St
Oregon
Penn St
Purdue
Rutgers
UCLA
USC
Washigton
Wisconsin

SEC

Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Clemson
Florida
Georgia
Georgia Tech
LSU
Miami
Mississippi
Mississippi St
Missouri
Oklahoma
Pittsburg
Tennessee
Texas
Texas A&M
Vanderbilt
Virginia
Virginia Tech

Big 12

Arizona
Arizona St
Baylor
Boise St
BYU
Cincinnati
Colorado
Fresno St
Houston
Iowa St
Kansas
Kansas St
Oklahoma St
Oregon St
TCU
Texas Tech
UCF
Utah
Washington St
West Virginia

ACC

Boston College
Cal
Colorado St
Duke
Florida Atlantic
Louisville
Memphis
Nevada
North Carolina St
SMU
Stanford
Syracuse
Temple
Tulane
Tulsa
UNLV
USF
Utah St
Wake Forest

Just call big ten Big. Already have the logo B1G

I think SEC b1g go to 24 teams with ND, miami, fsu, Clemson, g Tech and Texas a&m going to the b1g

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT